Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Odd as it may seem, I completely agree. I cut-off my TV satellite connection over six years ago. I still stay informed via the Internet, but I am no longer subject to media hysteria.
^^precisely. The public needs to research and stay informed, and realize that American media today is no longer representative of true facts on important issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 05:06 PM

62,868 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yes but they absolutely love their da guberment granted and enforced privileges and monopoly power. They get to collect their own welfare. The landed gentry used to just rent the land to the peasants. Nothing has changed only now it takes the form of mortgage interest. Its still the same old landed, leisure class.
I see, so no rich Democrats fit your description above? How about responding to my three concerns about entitlements for the undeserving rather than party demonizing?

Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
You just described the Obama Administration perfectly.
Give us some examples, which we know you can't provide.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:01 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Give us some examples, which we know you can't provide.
That is where you are wrong.

Quote:
36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

A new report just out from the Internal Revenue Service reveals that 36 of President Obama's executive office staff owe the country $833,970 in back taxes. These people working for Mr. Fair Share apparently haven't paid any share, let alone their fair share.
Source: As Obama demands rich Americans pay more in taxes, the IRS reveals 36 Obama aides are far behind in their taxes by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com

That does not even count the Secretary of the Treasury Timothy "Tax Cheat" Geithner.

By your own words, the Obama Administration is morally bankrupt.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:09 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
^^precisely. The public needs to research and stay informed, and realize that American media today is no longer representative of true facts on important issues.
Yea because only hysteria exists on the TV.... no hysteria or bad information on the internet.....

Old 01-02-2013, 06:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:

Source: As Obama demands rich Americans pay more in taxes, the IRS reveals 36 Obama aides are far behind in their taxes by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com

That does not even count the Secretary of the Treasury Timothy "Tax Cheat" Geithner.

Geeze is that best you got?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:14 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Geeze is that best you got?
It more than amply demonstrates that the Obama Administration is morally brankrupt according to MTATech.

After all, it was he who said:
"It sure seems to me that the people who won't pay taxes to help those in need are the morally bankrupt ones."
All I did was point out that the Obama Administration fits his description of being morally bankrupt perfectly.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
You just described the Obama Administration perfectly.
Those living below the poverty level need to pay taxes to support the needy, interesting.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:25 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

A new report just out from the Internal Revenue Service reveals that 36 of President Obama's executive office staff owe the country $833,970 in back taxes.
I remember hearing that news right after Geithner was named Treasurer Secretary. No one seemed to mind, especially the President's supporters. I thought it was outrageous and hypocritical that Obama would have someone like that in his circle when he felt so strongly about people paying their "fair share."

Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:

From your article, active duty military members owe more than $100 million. I guess they are all morally bankrupt too.

Plus better not leave out the other 11 million taxpayers who filed tax returns with unpaid balances last year - That's 28 billion owed by who (using the words of the article) are skipping their taxes altogether.....and these are the folks with good paying jobs (and many who are conservative), not those getting 'handouts from the government'.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies