Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
England in 2012 is a virtual police state where CCTV tracks your every move and being politically incorrect (blasphemy) can land you in prison. If the police knew they would get shot maybe they wouldnt be so slavishly fascistic in being state minions.
If some police got shot by a rights-protecting citizen during the police slavishly carrying out their fascistic orders, what do you suppose they'd do? They'd send more police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
On the other hand, govt in America is darn agressive and malevolent too. Gun rights havent really held your govt to account. Theyve stolen many rights without an armed resistance. You have unconstitutional laws, taxes, a vile central bank system and fraudulent money despite widespread gun ownership.
Thus, your argument about an armed citizenry preventing government from exceeding its bounds goes out the window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 08:49 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,641 times
We have not always had SWAT teams and assault rifle equiped police. At first we thought the idea odd when the police first asked for these weapons. Upon study we found that due to the criminal and drug elements in the USA we did in fact need to upgrade the police weapons to assault rifles. Also the assault rifles allowed the police to be far more accurate in shot placement thus reduce stray bullets. The situation would not be so terrible in these countries if the local police could control the criminals. But the average homeowner is at risk because they did not increase the police presence on the street level as they decreased the ability of the local citizens to provide for their own security.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:27 AM

215 posts, read 182,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Seems like the countries of all the illegals we allow to jump here among others.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post

While I am critical gun nuts, I believe that our government harms more innocent civilians than gun freaks. It amazes me that Obama cries over Sandy Hook, while joking about killing innocent kids with his drone attacks.
Get serious....

Old 12-30-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh for ford's sake, what a load.
How many Brits would that be? 1, 2, 5, 10?

I probably know more Brits than you do, personally, even.
They generally don't talk about weapons at all, and if asked think they're a bad idea.
Then again, they're not the paranoid freaks that the US seems to breed.
Unless they are talking about the rates of gun homocides in the U.S.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post

Imagine that, responsibile owners being penalized for the actions of very few crimminals.
I wonder if Nancy Lanza would have had a change of heart, had she survived.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Unless they are talking about the rates of gun homocides in the U.S.
When I lived in England (London and Liverpool) just about everyone seemed obsessed over 'chavs' and 'knives.'

Old 12-30-2012, 12:24 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
everyone 'wishes they had a gun' - it's just an ego extension.

and that's not a genuine reason for legalisation.

how often do you hear of madman rampages in UK schools?

I can only think of 1 time, ever. (Dunblane)

This is because guns are totally banned in the UK - it's a very sensible law.

BAN GUNS now!!
Oh really? Ban guns now, eh? But your loony liberal cohorts keep saying "no one wants to ban guns", so much for that lie. And you wonder why gun owners aren't willing to talk compromise with you, it's because everyone knows people like you and the politicians you vote for really want a complete ban. Not "reasonable" (by your definition) gun control, a ban.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
Big Guns Part III in theaters January 4th.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
I for one am grateful the English no longer have guns... After the 30 years war, the F&I War, Rev War, the War 1812, WW-1 WW-2 they have proven that the English suffer from way to much Jock Itch, and can't be trusted with guns.

I think that Jock itch just drives them mad..

I mean can you image an itch you can't scratch because of the Queen always setting there on the Plug?

Now I ask is that fair? She needs to let others have a turn some time too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies