Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 09:02 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I think if they were all armed with throwing stars and trained properly all would be well. You never hear of ninja schools being attacked by lunatic gunman.
Same with cooking utensils! When's the last time you heard that "Le Cordon Bleu" was shot up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 09:36 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post

POLICE TERRORIZE SCHOOL CHILDREN WITHOUT WARNING - YouTube

Disgusting.

Everyone involved should be in a cell.
To your original question. NO

To compare EVERY policeman in the country to 1 incident just goes to show how ignorant some are.

If we were in a police state as you suggest, you wouldn't be able to post your hate filled thoughts about the police.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
To your original question. NO

To compare EVERY policeman in the country to 1 incident just goes to show how ignorant some are.

If we were in a police state as you suggest, you wouldn't be able to post your hate filled thoughts about the police.
He is taking a risk by doing so. The government can label him a terrorist and lock him away forever. You can post and say whatever you want. People always have the ability to criticize in a police state, it is the consequences that comes with it. That's why the founder of wikileaks is on the run. I'm sure that the FBI/NYPD/CIA/NSA/DHS/DOD monitors boards like this and collects your information.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:14 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:

Dude, if you honestly think the US isn't a police state you're a hopeless victim.
You obviously do not know what a Police state is.

Are you free to:

go where ever you want?
go on the internet?
post to forums?
go shopping, and buy what you want?
buy a cell phone?
talk to anyone you want?
believe in any religion you want?
choose what career you want?

Seeing as we can all do the above, we are NOT a Police state.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:17 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
LOL, better than a Biology lecture

Old 12-30-2012, 10:20 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually it is the pro-gun people who want more cops in schools.
Not I. I think the problem is gun-free zones, that leave a sect of the community vulnerable targets. Let people carry that have a license to carry free movement. That's what ccw is for.
This particular drill is stupid. It leaves students to question next time, whether it's real or not, whether they need to act or not.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:22 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Like I said; crack in the water supply. Putting police in schools is giving up your right to defend yourself.
Exactly

Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
You obviously do not know what a Police state is.

Are you free to:

go where ever you want?
Sure. As long as you submit to a warrentless search of the person, baggage or vehicle by the TSA, PD or boarder patrol, and so long as you possess the proper papers (passports, green card) and so long as you do not go near a "restricted" government area, and so long as you pay any toll on a public road, and so long as you maintain all of the proper regulations for your personal vehicle, and so long as you stop when the police ask you to. If you obey all of that, then you can go where every you want. Oh, and I forgot to mention that you can't be on the "no fly" list.
go on the internet?
For now, but the government has been trying real hard lately to clamp down on that. You can go on, and have all of your information collected and given to law enforcement, and have law enforcement read your emails and anything else you transmit.
post to forums?
See above
go shopping, and buy what you want?
I can't buy lots of things that the FDA says are bad for me, even though they are are actually good for me but bad for drug makers. I can't fireworks, I can't buy a BB gun, I can't buy an endless list of banned items.
buy a cell phone?
Sure, and you can have it tracked by LA without a warrant
talk to anyone you want?
There are lawyers who can't even talk to their clients who are being held for certain charges
believe in any religion you want?
I agree with this, the branch davidians were allowed to believe their religion, right up until the day the government decided to kill them
choose what career you want?

Seeing as we can all do the above, we are NOT a Police state.
My disagreement is in bold.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:32 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I agree. A drill is one thing and not a big deal. To actually simulate the thing and have the children believe it's happening is ridiculous. They are children for gosh sakes. If your employer did the same drill and you thought some nut was running around your building shooting folks would folks think it OK? I doubt anybody would.
So basically you think they should have warned the parents and the kids in advanced? It's a drill, you don't warn of drills. The parents were warned in advanced but some chose for whatever reaon to ignore those and get themselves on TV whinning about it. By the way, those were high school students not little children, they will get over it. Quit making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Where were the donuts? I didn't see any donuts..... Everybody knows SWAT won't come with out donuts, 3 hours late..

A drill? Naw, total waste of time....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies