Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 09:44 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then it should be easy for you to provide another link besides wiki....
I gave you two links, and you have provided none. If you don't want to believe it, then don't. Who cares.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:21 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
By asking people to register them. Law abiding citizen will comply with the law.

Then you are not a law abiding citizen. No one is asking you to turn them in.
Wow....this lack of contemplation flabbergasts me. I am a law abiding citizen. And....I refuse to comply with any unconstitutional and unjust( read ILLEGAL) law.
All this retroactive registration, fingerprinting, recording of types of firearms etc will acomplish is creating criminals, who are defined as such by ambiguous and arbitrary definition.
Rather....unAmerican....methinks. This type of nonsense predefines citizens as a threat, for owning a particular type of firearm. An assumption of guilt, if you will. Talk about bigoted fear mongering. Pure, unadulterated, playing of fear to gain power over the citizenry.
Look, if folks dont feel a need to own a certain type of firearm, dont. Just don't feel as if those who do choose to own these weapons need submit infringement of our rights, and be classified as potentially violent, just to satisfy the sensibilities of the rabbit peoples unreasonable and irrational phobias.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:30 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,270,543 times
Quote:
I You can ask the Swizz, or other European countries who allow private gun ownership, but require registration.
The "Swizz" don't require registration, it was defeated in 2011 referendum, along with the requirement for the militia to store their issue weapons in armories.

http://www.protell.ch/cms/images/sto...age18.2.11.pdf

Quote:
BACKGROUND: The subject of the vote was a popular initiative that sought to introduce an article directly into the Federal Constitution that would have required individuals to prove that they had a valid reason and the ability to use a firearm before even acquiring one. It also would have created a national firearms database, require the federal government to assist local authorities in weapons turnin
programs, require reserve militia soldiers to store their military rifle or pistol at the arsenal when not on duty or in military training, and prevented soldiers from keeping their military weapon after
retirement as is now the custom.
registration :- You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means-Inigo Montoya

Old 12-31-2012, 10:32 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
I gave you two links, and you have provided none. If you don't want to believe it, then don't. Who cares.
Why should I have to PROVE a point you are trying to make?

And....

Once again, you provided a wiki link....Below...

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know, that anyone can change....

And then you provided the following link...

Bearing arms in Switzerland

Which tells me what about ammo? Where...?

Who cares....that is good......now, the next time you do not agree with a wiki link, I'll be sure to remind you of this conversation....

Old 01-01-2013, 12:53 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
If you are not, then don't call yourself as such.

The commies did not ask for registration, and neither did the Nazis. The German gun laws were written by the winners of WW-I. You can ask the Swizz, or other European countries who allow private gun ownership, but require registration.

I am law abiding now, although I wont be after a passing of such a law. neither would millions of others.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:04 AM

18,355 posts, read 26,479,237 times
Quote:
It is very simple. If there is a law, which you knowingly violate, then you are NOT a law abiding citizen. Period. You can teach your kids it is OK to break the law, and tell them you break it too, but I think it is pretty amazing anyone would do that.
If a law is unconstitutional, it is an illegal law, and every law abiding person has a duty to disobey it.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:10 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
If a law is unconstitutional, it is an illegal law, and every law abiding person has a duty to disobey it.
Me and about 50 of my closest hunting friends on all in on this one!

Give it up *******s, you aren't getting our guns even if the law says
turn them in. The law can pound sand!

Oh yeah, good luck getting a cop to come and collect them since they are part of my group too!
ROFL!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 05:41 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Many people have fought the good fight and are still in jail or dead long after others have forgotten you name, you are still getting your salad tossed by bubba.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:57 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Me and about 50 of my closest hunting friends on all in on this one!

Give it up *******s, you aren't getting our guns even if the law says
turn them in. The law can pound sand!

Oh yeah, good luck getting a cop to come and collect them since they are part of my group too!
ROFL!!!
I vaguely recall that in BC, Canada, there was a respected retired cop who led a campaign against their gun registry. His slogan was pretty catchy, 'follow me to jail' or some such thing. Here is a well-written and interesting summary of the history of Canada's gun laws & gun registry:
Why the long-gun registry doesn

According to the writer, only about 65% of guns were ever registered, and police testified that the registry was not very useful to them, since petty criminals and other troublemakers never registered their guns.

I bet the pct will be even lower if Feinstein's proposal is implemented. In fact she is cooking up a receipe for a disaster, especially for cops. Millions of people who will refuse to register their ARs now become criminals, and thus now natural enemies of cops. We had a proposal in WA state to require handgun registration about 10 years ago. It included a provision for confiscation of unregistered guns. Cops led the fight against it, and when it was put before the voters, it lost by a 71%-29% vote.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,720,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Many people have fought the good fight and are still in jail or dead long after others have forgotten you name, you are still getting your salad tossed by bubba.

and many an oppressor has ended up ashes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies