Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

this will certainly apply to most guns not m16 and ak47.
any weapons that can be fit with an oversize clip will be defined as "an assault weapon"
the beginning of the great gun grab.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:21 PM

8 posts, read 8,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

The gun control matter has been talked to death, but I haven't seen much on a surprising provision of Dianne Feinstein's new version of the so-called "assault weapon ban." In the 1994 version of the law, all guns made before Clinton signed it were "grandfathered." Existing guns could be owned, sold, and traded just as prior to the law. The law only banned the manufacture of new guns.

The new version is much more restrictive. Current owners would be able to keep their guns, but could not sell, trade, or give them to anyone else. Presumably when the owner dies, they will have to be turned in and melted down, because any transfer would be flatly illegal.

But what I found most interesting is this (from Sen. Feinstiein's site):

So this is a MASSIVE new registration program. If you currently own a banned gun, presumably you would have to bring it in to your local police to have the serial number recorded and have your fingerprints taken.
Sweet!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:26 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Before you jump down my throat, I am NOT a believer in banning assault weapons or any other weapons for that matter. I do not agree with this "ex post facto" registration of firearms.

Now, having said this, there is a way to enforce the law. Here in California, the State Department of Justice routinely goes to shooting ranges all over the state. If you are shooting an "assault weapon," they have the right to inspect that weapon to make sure it is, in fact, registered. If they run the serial number and it comes back "record not on file." They can arrest you for a felony and confiscate the weapon.

Its a long process from there, even if you really did register your firearm, to get it back, etc. So yes, there are ways to enforce such a law.
Not surprising since it is Cal. When will you demand her arrest?

There is no regii in NH, and if there were i would commit civil disobedience.

Historically speaking all gun registry has lead to confiscation.

I also don't shoot at any range. I either shoot right here where i live or i go to the National Forest.

Carry permits should also be done away with, as they serve no purpose really.

My first was issued in Mass, and about 3 months later the very Chief of Police that issued that, blew his own brains out with his side arm.

All these paper tiger laws amount to nothing more than harassment of the law abiding. Or death when they are deprived of weapons of which they are able to defend themselves like my now deceased father in law and his 2nd wife.

You can go on and be delusional thinking the cops will get there in time to save you, but they almost never do. They are NOT your personal body guards, and they can not protect you any better than you can protect yourself.

Suit yourself. I have been let down twice, I won't tolerate it any 3rd time.

I was in Cal armed with a gun I brought there. I brought it back too. Cal can go to Hell. Had I been attacked, threatened or robbed in Cal I would have used that gun.

I have a NH carry permit and so far as i am concerned it is good in all states and US territory.

After the murders I simply don't care anymore. I don't care about poly tics like your fiend stein or badge pushers which are the same as crooks, all for greed and power.

The way I see it you either abide the CONS or you are a Traitor, and your senators are traitors in Cal.

Being that i am from NH I am, perplexed as to how to demand their arrest.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:26 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Where in the constitution does it say that you cannot be fingerprinted in order to own guns?

Please post the exact passage.
They want to register existing gun owners like they would register 'Sex Offenders'. Obama was right when he said 'there will be resistance to this'.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Is that registry city, county, or state? Was there any fee?

I would never abide any of that BS... NH has 0 registry, and that is exactly the way it should be.
It didn't bother me, and that's my point: why should it bother me?

Old 12-30-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it seems to me that not only does the bill that feinstein wrote violate the second amendment, but the fifth amendment as well;
That is correct.... But i don't expect Cal or any DA in Cal can reason with not one but at least 2 CONS violations, since feind stein has been going on about this for almost 30 years.

When the very people in supposed control of the Nation are breaking it's basic laws in the very foundation, and no one does a thing to stop them, well it proves we are in deep kimshee..... And we are.

These filthy few need to be arrested and tried, but instead they are considered untouchable.

The reality is they are no more than common trash, just with un-taxable income, and of course above the LAW!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It didn't bother me, and that's my point: why should it bother me?
Evidently being treated like a convicted criminal doesn't bother you.. But you failed to answer the simple questions anyway.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:34 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Historically speaking all gun registry has lead to confiscation.
Prove it. I can think of Canada registering guns with the RCMP and they haven't confiscated those guns.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:36 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Prove it. I can think of Canada registering guns with the RCMP and they haven't confiscated those guns.
They did it in England with their handguns.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I'm pretty sure any senator can introduce any bill with impunity. Many have done so with legislation that would later be ruled unconstitutional without suffering any consequences. There's no precedent for what you're suggesting.
Yes I know they are tax free, Elite above the LAW of common man, untouchable like Teddy the Swimmer was. A cheating SOB who swam away rather than help a girl live.

I understand these scum can introduce anything they want even if it is related to illegal activity like breaking the oath of office they swore to uphold and defend the CONS from enemy both foreign and domestic and in fact are the enemy domestic..

Sure that should be just fine with everyone... I don't know what i was thinking....

Why what ever would these scum do with out tax slaves to full fill their every desire. It's no wonder they never put in any bills for term limits...

I suppose if i could make a living from good honest illegal activity and tax free no less, I would, and the best part would be the body guards which all comes with the job..

I like impunity too...... That's why I carry in Mass NJ NY and any place else i go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies