Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you care if Christians were favored by the government?
Yes I would care and feel offended 54 76.06%
No, I don't care 17 23.94%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 05:59 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
And this Judeo-Christian thing, where did that come from? It is spoken as if Jews helped form America when the truth is they weren't even around other than being involved in the slave trade from Europe.

Where are all these Jews who signed the Declaration of Independence putting their lives and fortune on the line toward the formation of a new country?
Wow... not sure whether to LOL or smack myself over that one!

In case you weren't aware, Judeo-Christian is a term for ANY religious sect based on Jewish and/or Christian values. And another little tidbit of information, Christianity is BASED on Judaism. Duh. So even if the Jewish people hadn't emigrated to the US yet, these "Judeo-Christian" values were still present in the founding of our countries. Besides, I think we've contributed enough by now to deserve a little recognition - not that anyone should have their needs/rights ignored, mind you. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why no religion should receive favoritism in our laws.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:23 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
While a lot of Christians, especially fundamentalists, would favor it, I doubt most Americans would favor this change to the Constitution.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:28 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliganO View Post
Would you feel offended if Christians were always favored over all other religions/irreligious by the federal government, or you wouldn't care?

Examples are displaying crosses and Jesus statues, nativity scenes, observing more Christian national holidays, only Christians could hold public office, etc.
That's a theocracy and yes, I would be offended.

I'd be on the next thing smoking out of the United States if that ever happened, since I'm Jewish.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:56 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
I don't think you understand what a theocracy is...

Old 12-31-2012, 12:26 PM

990 posts, read 939,402 times
Quote:
Would you feel offended if Christians were always favored over all other religions/irreligious by the federal government, or you wouldn't care?

Examples are displaying crosses and Jesus statues, nativity scenes, observing more Christian national holidays, only Christians could hold public office, etc.
Duh. That is idiotic. While Christians are already favored (New Years is a Christian holiday, as are Christmas and Easter), it would be even more offensive to trample the Constitution and establish a state-sponsored cult.

Christianity is a moronic cult of superstitions, fairy tales and imaginary friends. You need to have something wrong in your brain to believe in that nonsense.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:37 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:

It would be reprehensible. And I attended RCC schools for over 10 years.

The USA would die if it were a theocracy.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
That's a theocracy and yes, I would be offended.

I'd be on the next thing smoking out of the United States if that ever happened, since I'm Jewish.
This former Roman Catholic would join you. I abhor any religious symbols on public land, no exceptions.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:00 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,040 times
Actually America is spiraling around the toilet into the craper because this country dispises God, faith, Real Christians, etc.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:14 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
I do not want any religion favored over another by our government. That would be unconstitutional.

But, we are an 80% Christian nation.

The government doesn't favor Christians.

We do have traditions that go back centuries. You cannot take those traditions away because of some "seperation of Church and state" falsehood. No religion can be prohibited or established by CONGRESS (who are the lawmakers)....in the public square or in private. And then you freaks go and make up holiday decorations of your own out of spite. What is the "holiday" for atheism, except for placing billboards up bashing those of us who are believers? What is the traditional decoration for Ramadan? America is 2% Jewish....place Menorah's all over during Hannukah....I couldn't care less.

Just don't do things out of spite. You freaks take the joy of Christmas away from people every year by your idiotic lawsuits and other demands.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Old 12-31-2012, 04:15 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
This former Roman Catholic would join you. I abhor any religious symbols on public land, no exceptions.
Go ahead. abhor.

But keep it to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies