Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 08:00 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
McConnell and Biden will work out a short term deal... the rest of the "legislator" crap is just roosters strutting around the DC barnyard, posturing.

Fiscal cliff: Biden, McConnell make major progress - John Bresnahan and Manu Raju and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com
You are exactly correct. It's all for show. At the last minute, they'll announce success, and dumbed down America will breathe a sigh of relief and say, "aren't they wonderful, working through a holiday and all..."

It's pitiful that people still fall for their crap. Maybe it's a generational thing. A certain number of years of experience watching the fools is required to see through them, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 11:00 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,277 times
I suspect Republicans would have signed off on this deal if it meant a tax cut for the top 2%.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:06 AM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Hmmmm.... When BHO had a DEMOCRATIC majority in the house and senate, he did not pass a budget.
Once the Republicans got the house, it's their FAULT a budget has not passed?

Fool me once, shame on me.
Fool me twice, shame on YOU.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:10 AM

21,123 posts, read 19,707,707 times
As a Republican, I agree that Republicans are partly to blame for the problems our nation is in (although I think the Democrats deserve a greater share of the blame). But I don't think the ultimate solution is for both sides agreeing to extending these tax cuts. This is just a temporary band-aid that is being made to seem like it will solve some long-term problem. The ultimate solution is that we must all pay for (i.e. pay taxes for) all the expenses that we have racked up from reckless spending.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM

691 posts, read 771,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Spending cuts are good for America

and gee i was thinking the same thing about hussein and the clown from nevada

Since when did "the economy" trump the Constitution? So what if the economy shrinks or goes back into recession? That is not why the government exists.

Barack is screaming for more money to pay off the leeches that voted for him. The GOP needs to say "no" . ALL new revenue should be used for debt retirement.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:22 AM

860 posts, read 2,205,015 times
The problem is the extreme Republicans and the gerrymandered districts they come from. They don't give a damn about the country, but about being re-elected. They would rather claim they voted to not raise taxes on anybody and be on the good side of people like Grover Norquist than compromise and do what's right for the country.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:22 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
As a Republican, I agree that Republicans are partly to blame for the problems our nation is in (although I think the Democrats deserve a greater share of the blame). But I don't think the ultimate solution is for both sides agreeing to extending these tax cuts. This is just a temporary band-aid that is being made to seem like it will solve some long-term problem. The ultimate solution is that we must all pay for (i.e. pay taxes for) all the expenses that we have racked up from reckless spending.
I agree with your post, but allow me to change your one last line..

"The ultimate solution is that we must all pay for (i.e. pay taxes for) all the expenses that the GOVERNMENT has racked up from reckless spending." I don't know about you, but this family tightened the belt, quit the reckless spending, came through bruised and bloodied but still alive and kicking. And hates every last bit of frivolous spending those in Washington did no matter what side of the isle they were on... I think the first and best cut we could make is to kick every last one of them out of Washington and start over!

Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Hmmmm.... When BHO had a DEMOCRATIC majority in the house and senate, he did not pass a budget.
Anyone who doesn't know the Republicans were filibustering everything is either a liar or an idiot. BTW a continuing resolution IS a budget. It's a budget where everything is funded the same with a CPI adjustment. You seem to be clueless on both issues.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:54 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,277 times
Small government conservatives talk the talk but the ones here in Louisiana are milking the federal government dry on their special projects.

We got subbed by one connected company who was hired by the state police to build a website that allows local agencies to share DWI information. We figured it cost between $300k and $1m to build it. (my company was only brought in to do one small piece).

We were floored to find out that the state was paying the company $6m to build the website. When I expressed disgust, they told me "it doesn't cost the state anything because its 100% federally funded."

doh!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:06 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
For them it is all about pillaging the public coffers and corruptly sending as much as possible to their cronies and their donors/bribers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies