U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,344,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
You said he did four years! Wow,how did you forget thatyou just let the cat out big time
Welp........at least you can take comfort in knowing you probably didn't lose too many, or any, jobs because you are black.....
Rate this post positively

Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM

3,448 posts, read 2,835,891 times
hopefully things will improve and the trouble causers will loose popularity.

Last edited by stargazzer; 01-02-2013 at 02:28 PM..

Old 01-02-2013, 02:12 PM

38 posts, read 105,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
This attitude might be a part of the problem. Not sure how you meant this, but it comes off really bad.
Now that I read it, I see what you mean ChocLot. My comment about the poor neighborhood was not intended to be racial. It's the poverty that I fear, not the people. Anyone of any color living under those conditions will almost certainly face more challenges than I ever have. People in poverty are like 100-yard dash contestants who must begin 20 yards behind the starting line. The "rules" may be exactly the same for everyone, but if you're not starting from the same place, it's not a fair race. Too many black folks still are not starting from the same place.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM

82 posts, read 110,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
No, we will never know, but as a whole we are supposed to be on a level playing field and for the most part we are. It is difficult to single out and do anything about single incidents of discrimination, difficult to prove.The problem is, many blacks have not taken advantage of the opportunities given them and choose to use the system as a way of life, rather than a building block to a worthwhile education and good job. As I observe the black underclass in my community, I often think, don't you want more out of life than just hangin in da hood, slingin drugs, etc. I don't get why the improvment has been so slow, it was what was wanted when the civil rights movment started, but has been slow to proceed to a point of equality, opportunity is there, but many choose to keep on playing the victim. Funny, but the ones who chose not to improve their situation and continue to play victim and blame white society for all of their problems, are their own worst enemy and too blind to see it. I fear it will be several generations before things change or self destruct.
Sorry for the rant, but since you brought up ''the plight of blacks'' I thought I'd add my 2 cents.
Lets see 1600-1970 Discrimination on an upprecedented level. In the workforce, education and segregation and home ownership.

Most citys segregated its citizens WITH LAWS, they prevented blacks from buying or renting in certain areas. The equal opportunity act, fair housing act all came from this. ALL IN 1980!

This is level? less than 1 generation ago things were equal. You have generation upon generation who have never known equality at all, but somehow you expect them to just ............take advantage of oppurtunities? Like what? minority grants to college? LOL. The supreme court did away with affirmative action grants in 2000~! Since whites like you said it wasnt fair.

Any grant or funds we get comes from OUR OWN PEOPLE. Not yours. Let me discriminate against you, not give you a means to support yourself, throw you all in the same hood and than tell you its equal and everythings fair and well do for yourself. HAHA.

Like I said, the equal housing act, voting rights act, banking laws, etc etc...........all these things are 1 to 2 generations removed from this current generation of blacks. This generation of blacks has done and uplifted themselves in every manner.

They are way more likely now to have kids out marriage, go to college, finish college, and not live in poverty than they were 20 years ago when racism existed in the courts,schools,banking and housing sectors.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
You are ate up with 'ENVY' of the white man. Your ridiculous posts reflects it.
IM ENVIOUS? OF WHAT? Your own women and children are fleeing their customs and culture? We have already won.

I merely follow your posts because your an old white guy who has failed and believes his failure has to do with illegal immigrants, interracial dating, blacks, gays and arabs. Its sad.

HERE ARE SOME POSTS YOU POSTED WHICH SHOW EXACTLY the kind of homophobia, xenophobia, racism, fear of immigrants, fear of gays, fear of hip hop, MY GOD MAN WHAT ARENT YOU SCARED OF?

LOOK AT THE ANGRY WHITE MANS POSTS.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...an-jailed.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...nglorious.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ism-doing.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...out-about.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...oe-arpiao.html

Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 PM

397 posts, read 225,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicosal13 View Post
Lets see 1600-1970 Discrimination on an upprecedented level. In the workforce, education and segregation and home ownership.

Most citys segregated its citizens WITH LAWS, they prevented blacks from buying or renting in certain areas. The equal opportunity act, fair housing act all came from this. ALL IN 1980!

This is level? less than 1 generation ago things were equal. You have generation upon generation who have never known equality at all, but somehow you expect them to just ............take advantage of oppurtunities? Like what? minority grants to college? LOL. The supreme court did away with affirmative action grants in 2000~! Since whites like you said it wasnt fair.

Any grant or funds we get comes from OUR OWN PEOPLE. Not yours. Let me discriminate against you, not give you a means to support yourself, throw you all in the same hood and than tell you its equal and everythings fair and well do for yourself. HAHA.

Like I said, the equal housing act, voting rights act, banking laws, etc etc...........all these things are 1 to 2 generations removed from this current generation of blacks. This generation of blacks has done and uplifted themselves in every manner.

They are way more likely now to have kids out marriage, go to college, finish college, and not live in poverty than they were 20 years ago when racism existed in the courts,schools,banking and housing sectors.
Ahhh don't do that. You are going to ruin someones neat little world view of how all the Blacks blah blah. You know we have like 3% wealth already

Old 01-02-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicosal13 View Post
IM ENVIOUS? OF WHAT? Your own women and children are fleeing their customs and culture? We have already won.

I merely follow your posts because your an old white guy who has failed and believes his failure has to do with illegal immigrants, interracial dating, blacks, gays and arabs. Its sad.

HERE ARE SOME POSTS YOU POSTED WHICH SHOW EXACTLY the kind of homophobia, xenophobia, racism, fear of immigrants, fear of gays, fear of hip hop, MY GOD MAN WHAT ARENT YOU SCARED OF?

LOOK AT THE ANGRY WHITE MANS POSTS.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...an-jailed.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...nglorious.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ism-doing.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...out-about.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...oe-arpiao.html

BY THE WAY:

Some stereotypes blacks,mexicans and natives have about whites is that they are sneeky, backstabbing , two faced, sexually perveted.

YOUR POSTS show thats exactly what you are,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.