U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:27 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,097,112 times

Advertisements

59% of white people voted for Mitt Romney. Does Peterson claim that 59% of white Americans worship Romney as if he's the messiah?
Rate this post positively

Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,224,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
He didn't say "a lot of blacks" and he didn't say "probably" He said 95% of blacks worship Obama as if he's the messiah. 95% is a hell of a lot more then "a lot" and there was no maybe or probably in his statement. Calling him a racist is not uncalled for, he is a racist
No he is not a racist. What % of the total black population voted for Obama?

Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 AM

56,217 posts, read 30,498,387 times
Here's the thing...

If you have beef with black folks, then claim that enmity as your own and stop using black folks to speak for you. Jesse Lee Peterson might help you confirm beliefs that you already had, but he's not gonna help you convince black folks that you're right. Using a black man as your proxy is weak. Be your own man and step to black folks with your own version of hostility and let the chips fall where they fall if you're just bound and determined to be stupid about it.

Besides, where do you think this is gonna lead? I'm a black man, and i'll listen to your concerns. If i'm wrong, then i'm wrong. But if you come at me in the fashion that Jesse Lee Peterson is exhorting you to do, there's gonna be a serious problem. Moreover, i'm gonna double the same hostility you showed me. Ignore Jesse Lee Peterson....he's gonna get you nowhere.

I mean seriously, if you tell me that i look at Obama as the Messiah, i'm gonna tell you to get the hell out of my face and those will be the last words we'll ever have with each other.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
No he is not a racist. What % of the total black population voted for Obama?
Interesting, I just googled it and it's only 93%. So this guy not only claims that all of the black people who voted for Obama worship him as if he's the messiah but he also claims that an additional 2% of blacks also worship him as if he's the messiah...but for some reason didn't vote for him

Old 12-31-2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Here's the thing...

If you have beef with black folks, then claim that enmity as your own and stop using black folks to speak for you. Jesse Lee Peterson might help you confirm beliefs that you already had, but he's not gonna help you convince black folks that you're right. Using a black man as your proxy is weak. Be your own man and step to black folks with your own version of hostility and let the chips fall where they fall if you're just bound and determined to be stupid about it.

Besides, where do you think this is gonna lead? I'm a black man, and i'll listen to your concerns. If i'm wrong, then i'm wrong. But if you come at me in the fashion that Jesse Lee Peterson is exhorting you to do, there's gonna be a serious problem. Moreover, i'm gonna double the same hostility you showed me. Ignore Jesse Lee Peterson....he's gonna get you nowhere.

I mean seriously, if you tell me that i look at Obama as the Messiah, i'm gonna tell you to get the hell out of my face and those will be the last words we'll ever have with each other.

Well said, if Republicans want a higher percentage of the black vote they should try doing something other than insulting them

Old 12-31-2012, 02:07 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,339,510 times
Quote:
59% of white people voted for Mitt Romney. Does Peterson claim that 59% of white Americans worship Romney as if he's the messiah?
59% as opposed to 93% is a big difference.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:17 AM

61 posts, read 51,050 times
Quote:
Well said, if Republicans want a higher percentage of the black vote they should try doing something other than insulting them
That would require viewing anyone who isn't a used car salesman or a televangelist as a nuisance to be ignored or occasionally placated.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:40 AM

468 posts, read 490,769 times
He's got a few good points but he's to absolute. Many blacks are aware of this problem, like he is, and don't support the victim culture, and SOME White Americans -by no means most and certainly not the only group- can curb/avert a major race crisis if they work together with other groups. White Americans by and large are zombified just like other Americans...they aren't "standing between" anything, they're they're actively contributing towards it, just as others.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:47 AM

56,217 posts, read 30,498,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
59% as opposed to 93% is a big difference.
That still makes no sense. If 93% of blacks voted for Obama, you'd still have to be an effin' idiot to say that they did so because they see Obama as the Messiah. That's just a stupid ass thing to say. Put it like this, if you wouldn't say that in any serious conversation about politics (if you're not a complete idiot), then that should tell you something.

The 59% and 93% difference is meaningless. In America, the freedom to vote means that no one need justify his or her vote. Unless you've sat down with black folks and asked why they voted for Obama (not advisable), then you really don't know why they did. And really, it doesn't matter anyway.

Bottom line is that Jesse Lee Peterson is free to say anything he wants, but at the end of the day, taking his advice is a bad idea. He's urging hostility, but that's a loser and won't help move things along.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:48 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,001,799 times
Quote:
It's funny how people perceive things and go right for the skin color.

No person on earth is my messiah and certainly NOT because they have the same skin color. I was taught not to base my impression of anyone based on race or nationality but to base my impression on the person themselves. Unfortunately 95% of blacks didn't get that memo. Obama is a pawn just like the people who believe him.

Talk about not knowing when you are being used. No politician is going to do what I have to do for my family but me. Obama is like a sales man. He will tell you what you want to hear and when its time to pay up he is gone.

Obama is professional race agitator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.