Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 12:15 AM

168 posts, read 244,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
I find that funny as a neighborhood in my city that is predominantly Muslim and very low income has never had any murders, while the black neighborhood across the city has around 5 homicides weekly and is predominantly Christian.

Also, America, a country that follows strong Christian values is a home of:

Government sponsored violence
Government practiced torture
Government practiced death penalties
Government sponsored terrorism (Syria, Libya are great examples)

Is it okay for the US government to do it because they say so? Or is it morally wrong for anyone to do it?

Stop making generalizations as it makes you look like an assh*le.
How do you know the blacks are all Christians? Also most Muslim women don't report any crime committed by their husbands or family member in fear of getting murdered or punished. It is permitted to hit a wife according to sharia law.

US government is secular btw.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 AM

1,118 posts, read 2,287,236 times
So essentially, this thread boils down to one thing: both Islam and Christianity are full of scripturally condoned violence and hypocrisy, differing based on the religion. The times I like being an atheist…

Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
No, Islam is not a religion of peace. Whatever that means. And any 'true' Muslim would be for sharia law. There are plenty of cafeteria Muslims just like there are plenty of cafeteria Christians. A true Christian would also want US jurisprudence based on the bible. But most people are not true Christians or not smart enough to see the logical conclusions of their religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliganO View Post
It is permitted to hit a wife according to sharia law.
The Quran and Bible are very similar on women re their husbands:

Women are a gift from God to Men and are to obey their husbands at all time.

I'm not 100% sure on the Bible, but in the Quran, men are only allowed to 'lightly' hit their wife after every recourse has failed.

Of course, no man beats his wife according to scripture. The man hits his wife because he's angry. Same for Christian men, atheist men.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:16 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,540 times
Quote:
How do you know the blacks are all Christians? Also most Muslim women don't report any crime committed by their husbands or family member in fear of getting murdered or punished. It is permitted to hit a wife according to sharia law.

US government is secular btw.
Predominantly was the key word there. Read. Sharia law isn't practiced in the US and never will be. Fear from nothing.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:22 PM

768 posts, read 879,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoking66 View Post
So essentially, this thread boils down to one thing: both Islam and Christianity are full of scripturally condoned violence and hypocrisy, differing based on the religion. The times I like being an atheist…
An the soviet union?

Im an atheist too, but im not so stupid and/or arrogant as to think no religion means no violence. Humans are violent, period.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:25 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,540 times
Quote:
Because their goal is to convert everybody to Islam and control western nations.
Generalizing again, are we? Who said that? What are their names specifically?

Do you know a lot of Muslims? Do they all want this?

Old 01-01-2013, 01:18 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
You call us "tards"?

You must not have "mush" in your head.

Oh, wait!

Perhaps you do.
Brilliant post - NOT.

Don't forget "DemocRATS"

Now scamper back to Infantile 101 class.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:27 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoking66 View Post
I too am a non-beliver, or as I say, a non-deceiver.

However, I must note that Christianity has undergone a REFORMATION and no longer engages in such violence.

Islam has NOT gone through a REFORMATIOM and, therefore, contiues to operate in the 9th or possibly 10th Century, complete with beheadings, stonings, limbs and etc., saw-off for trifles, sanctioned violence against women and Infidels

That Reformed vs Non-Reformed constitutes a HHHHUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEE Difference.

Even as an agnostic, I see myself as a "christian" inasmuch as I follow most of his teachings, respect Christianity and its teaching, and recognize that Christianity as been one of, if not the single most, beneficial things for humanity to ever exist.

Islan, OTOH is a cancer on humanity and has never, in the sum, been a benefit. No place has, by any objective analysis, been benefited by the infusion of Islam.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:25 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Islan, OTOH is a cancer on humanity and has never, in the sum, been a benefit. No place has, by any objective analysis, been benefited by the infusion of Islam.
Much of European civilization is due to Islam.

After the collapse of the Roman empire, Europe slipped into the dark ages. Almost within a couple generations, even the nobility couldn't read or write. But the technology and advancements of the Roman era were recorded by Islam scholars. One of the reasons Spain/Portugal were the first colonial power was because they were under Muslim rule.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:03 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
I have only one word of caution,
According to several people that have come from muslam countries and lived among muslam people and according to the teaching given them(muslam) it is perfectly OK to lie to an infadel (any one not muslam).
Though they lie quite heavily even to the children . so it was no supprize to me that Obama would say an thing he wanted and not feel any obligation to speak the truth and such will remain this constant .
Now those in Christianity ,whom are devout, know that according to Revelations ALL liars will be consigned to hell including Satan and any one prefiring his lies.
According to Jesus; satan is the father of lies.
Jesus came 600 years before Mohamed, whom gave the Koran .
God of heaven does not approve of lies ,though people lie even christians lie they know it is a sin, But in the muslam world it is not .
You tell me whom there god is !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies