Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Haha...airborne infantry....Now that is funny....cause they always jump with the most massive fire power ever allowed..pathetic....

So, please tell us how it was jumping with that Ma deuce....did you have the tri-pod also?

You know, sometimes you make some descent posts...but from here...well all I'll say is......

What ya drinking tonight?
LOL....really? I'm gonna argue with a retired 71 Lima?

Again, i've hit the ranges and fired damn near everything the Army had worth firing. Obviously i never jumped with a damn Ma Duece, but i've fired one on many occasions. And i fired damn near every crew served weapon in the arsenal.

And sometimes i make some decent posts? Really? That's far more than i can say for you.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:34 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
DISCLAIMER: I'm neither for nor against guns. Do whatever you want, just leave me alone.

I see all of you cowboys on here yapping about your gun rights and carrying a gun.

HAve you ever killed anyone? Just curious. I think a lot of you are weekend warriors.

MOST if not all of you don't want to end your comfy little lifestyles that you're lving and end up in prison.

Most of you are all talk. Have you killed anyone?
In the first place, thats a stupid question and the irrational bias of it sickens me. Secondly, if someone has had to use lethal force to protect themselves, their families, or in the line of duty, prying into that with such a question is serious trespassing into a painful and private matter.
I will give you credit for pure brass nads, abnormally enlarged by a serious lack of compassion. I suppose that it's a free country, for now, and being an insensitive idiot is not illegal.
Wow....just....Wow....

Old 12-31-2012, 10:39 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL....really? I'm gonna argue with a retired 71 Lima?

Again, i've hit the ranges and fired damn near everything the Army had worth firing. Obviously i never jumped with a damn Ma Duece, but i've fired one on many occasions. And i fired damn near every crew served weapon in the arsenal.

And sometimes i make some decent posts? Really? That's far more than i can say for you.
Sorry, no secretary here....uhhh oh....I may know what I'm talking about....

I have also fired a Ma deuce....what the big deal?

I'm not going to argue who fired what or how many times, but your statement was ignorant....

A descent post.....when and by what makes your posts descent...cause you said so? Hahahaaaa........

Old 12-31-2012, 11:18 PM

10 posts, read 10,480 times
I have a fire extinguisher in my house in case of a fire..
I have locks on my doors to protect my belongings and my family..
I wear seat belts and have an air bag in my car (government required for my own safety..go figure)
The government also requires me to wear a helmet in some states for my own protection
The government requires I have life vests on my boat for my protection..
And finally, they provide police with guns so that they will shoot the bad guys when I call 911!
If you believe that 911 is the answer, get rid of your fire extinguisher, door locks, burglar alarms, etc.
My firearm is my last line of defence.
If you don't agree with any of this, don't buy a firearm..I'm not going to allow the government to require you own one.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sorry, no secretary here....uhhh oh....I may know what I'm talking about....

I have also fired a Ma deuce....what the big deal?

I'm not going to argue who fired what or how many times, but your statement was ignorant....

A descent post.....when and by what makes your posts descent...cause you said so? Hahahaaaa........
I'm just messing with you dude. It ain't personal.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:22 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,042 times
A great number of police officers go through their entire working lives and never kill anyone and never fire their weapon.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:41 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I'm neither for nor against guns. Do whatever you want, just leave me alone.

I see all of you cowboys on here yapping about your gun rights and carrying a gun.

HAve you ever killed anyone? Just curious. I think a lot of you are weekend warriors.

MOST if not all of you don't want to end your comfy little lifestyles that you're lving and end up in prison.

even though I do not like to talk about it, yes I have. I was in the Army at the time and killed someone in Operation Just Cause in 89 and again in Desert Storm in 90-91. it is not something I like to do and would wish it on nobody else. but if circumstances arose that i would have to do it again, then i would.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:09 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:

What a silly, stupid, and ignorant quesion........

It's not about being a macho man or a billy bad a$$, this just goes to show that most of you anti-gun people, { and yes OP, I wholeheatedly believe you are anti-gun despite your "disclaimer" } have no idea about gun culture and the people who own/carry guns in this country. This is probly because the extent of your knowledge about guns and the people who own them goes no further than the 11 o'clock news.

Most of us who own guns for home defense and who carry them will never have to use them for those reasons, and we all pray to god that we never will. It's about being prepared for that time when we are forced to, however low those chances may be. Alot of us use guns for various different reasons. Some of us even need to use those guns as a tool or utility for work or to protect our property/livestock from predatorial threats, though I doubt an apartmnt dweller could understand that concept at all.

Real display of immaturity with this one......

Old 01-01-2013, 05:02 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The folks on C-D talking the loudest about guns are the main ones that wouldn't shoot a damn thing. At best, they'd pull it and end up getting pistol whipped with it.
You obviously don't know me very well, I am well trained and proficient in the use of a weapon and no one will be taking my gun from me any time soon. You make this statement as if you know every gun owner and how they will react, think before you speak.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:19 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
90% of them would soil their underwear and drop their gun if someone aimed at them and meant business. Especially the loudest ones here.
While you are cowering and sobbing in the corner of your bedroom trying to dial 911, I will be defending my home with my gun, and good luck with the police getting there in any less than 20 minutes. Plenty of time to shoot you and your family and steal a few things and run away. Yep, 20 minutes is a long time in these types of situations, but I will attend your funeral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies