Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 PM

769 posts, read 877,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Elections have consequences.

If ya didn't know, now ya know.

I've got a great question too; what kind of sick person would cheer running up war spending into the trillions WITHOUT tax increases to pay for it?

Uh huh...right.
Hero of the Left, John Maynard Keynes?

Oh, and George Bush.

What do I win?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 09:46 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,914,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
. The Reopublicans are agreeing to tax increases!
LOL! The cuts were temporary. If they failed to agree, they happen anyway.

Sorry to confuse you with facts.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,174,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Elections have consequences.

If ya didn't know, now ya know.

I've got a great question too; what kind of sick person would cheer running up war spending into the trillions WITHOUT tax increases to pay for it?

Uh huh...right.
Of course, Obama is not trying to continue spending like a drunken sailor while getting at his tax raises. I wonder how many more months they are promising we have to wait for the spending cuts.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:54 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,596,613 times
I think only those with their heads in sand and hoping agfinst hope that life doesn't chnage are not seeig that we have to have cuts to get things under control with spending. The deal on taxes will perhaps cover 2% of deficit at most.But raising taxes on rich then makes cuts possible with the maddening crowd who don't want to look at the future coming.It really wasn't any diffeerent in euopre except for the gernas who made suts and fiscal reforms i the 90's. I can remmber whe the rest of europe more or less thought they were crazy when they did.

Last edited by texdav; 12-31-2012 at 10:03 PM..

Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
LOL! The cuts were temporary. If they failed to agree, they happen anyway.

Sorry to confuse you with facts.
Temporary you say? Obama held onto them in 2010 and wants to keep all of them for we lower tax payers while dropping them for the wealthy. I wonder what temporary means in the liberal dictionary.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think only those with their heads in sand and hoping agfinst hope that life doesn't chnage are not seeig that we have to have cuts to get things under control with spending. the deal o taxes will perhaps cover 2% of defcit spenmding at most.But raising taxes o rich then makes cuts possible witht eh madeenign crowd who don't want to look at the future coming.
Today an recent renter of my son's friend's house told him that he wouldn't need the house any longer. The renter works in the oil patch and the company is unloading their most recent hires because they see what direction taxes are taking and have to protect themselves. I wonder how BIC, Obama, will explain things like this to us.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,060,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
That is sick. The Reopublicans are agreeing to tax increases, why arent the liberals agreeing to spending cuts. If you truly care about the nation and future generations how can you justify tax increases with no spending cuts. That tells me you are living for the now and care only about yourself. What a sick, selfish mentality!
*******S and DemocRATS.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:12 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,914,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Temporary you say? Obama held onto them in 2010 and wants to keep all of them for we lower tax payers while dropping them for the wealthy. I wonder what temporary means in the liberal dictionary.
Temporary is the term that was used all along. Each extension was a temporary one.

Now had you perhaps been interested enough to be knowledgeable back than, you could have inquired as to why legislators were too LAZY to work, in a bi-partisan manner, on a package that could have passed with no expiration date, back in 2001 and 2003, when various portions were enacted.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 PM

18,874 posts, read 14,066,729 times
If you know the law and the facts, the run-up of debt is perfectly logical - if insane.

14th amendment forbids challenging the validity of the public debt.
The public debt can never be paid off. It requires over 800 billion ounces of gold, stamped into coin. Worldwide supply is 5.2 billion ounces.
Congress cannot "make" money - by law it can coin money (stamp bullion) or borrow money.
To issue more "dollar bills" pursuant to Title 12 USC sec. 411, Congress has to borrow them into existence, at usury. And to pay usury, requires more "dollar bills".
So the current law demands ridiculous deficits to authorize sufficient "dollar bills" for the economy to operate.
Yes, it is insane.
No, you can't do anything to change it UNTIL you repeal the 14th amendment, and then challenge the public debt on the grounds of fraud. (Congress didn't receive any lawful money for its IOUs).
Voiding the public debt will also wipe out all bond holders and "Dollar bill" holders since they would be no longer legal tender.
However, even if the public debt was voided, and the government went back to lawful money, we're still screwed. Because Ft. Knox only has 147.4 million ounces (roughly $9 per capita, when coined).
So no matter what, we are arranging deck chairs on the Titanic as it sinks slowly beneath the cold cold waves.
And that was the end of the united States of America....

Old 12-31-2012, 10:23 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,698,243 times
It is mind boggling that the folks who crucify Bush just permanently put his tax cuts in place for folks under $450K. I don't know what to say.

I can, without a doubt say, that the Villiage Idiot was put in the Whitehouse by the town drunks.

I wonder what a poll would show for the average credit score of the people who voted this guy into office. I am guessing it's pretty low since they can't manage their own finances it would make sense they would vote for a guy that couldn't either and dish out freebie's on top of all of this..

I hope we tank.. Credit rating tanks.. Jobs go into the $hitter and we have a total rebuild of what's left.

I've had times I didn't have two nickles to rub together, one dinner plate and a box spring on the floor in my bedroom and rebuilt so I can do it again.

Let's go! Off the Cliff....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies