Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 12:49 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,470,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Hey, the USA can print money until the cows come home.......and even longer......NO PROBLEM! Gold-plated Baby Momma Bennies for ALL!!!!!!!
We need to invest American right now, especially while borrowing is at all time lows. Your idea that America only prints money to fund welfare whores has been thoroughly debunked, but America has an infrastructure problem in which you *******s won't invest into.
CHARTS: The Alarming Collapse Of US Infrastructure Spending - Business Insider

Why do you hate America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 01:06 AM

18,999 posts, read 14,176,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Hey, the USA can print money until the cows come home.
Actually, no, it can't and doesn't.
By law, notes (like dollar bills) are NOT money.
They are legal tender on obligated parties. . . like enumerated "human resources" who are chattels pledged as collateral.
That's fancy talk for indentured servants - slaves - but it's okay - you all volunteered according to the law.
That's right - only INVOLUNTARY servitude is banned by the 13th amendment. If you volunteer, it's okay.

In other words, when the printing presses are emitting new IOUs, it's YOU and YOUR property that are underwriting them.

To misquote a famous sci-fi movie: "DOLLAR BILLS IS PEOPLE!"
And when the hammer falls, and default hits, each enumerated "human resource" is s.o.l.

Which might explain the fervor of the government to enact disarmament before the sheeple awaken to their shearing.

References:
MONEY - In usual and ordinary acceptation it means coins and paper currency used as a circulating medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes, bonds, evidences of debt, or other personal or real estate. Lane v. Railey, 280 Ky. 319, 133 S.W. 2d 74, 79, 81.
Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Ed. p. 1005

NOTE - An instrument containing an express and absolute promise of signer (i.e. maker) to pay to a specified person or order, or bearer, a definite sum of money at a specified time. An instrument that is a promise to pay other than a certificate of deposit. U.C.C. 3-104(2)(d)
Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Ed. p. 1060
A FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE (dollar bill) was a promise to pay face value in lawful money (gold or silver coin). But that promise was repudiated in 1933. From that date forward, the Congress has been bankrupt and running a scam using the sheeple as collateral for their fiscal excess.

Since 1933, NO MONEY HAS CIRCULATED IN THE USA.
We have been lied to from cradle to grave.
Do not believe me - go read the law yourself.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:43 AM

552 posts, read 737,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Elections have consequences.

If ya didn't know, now ya know.

I've got a great question too; what kind of sick person would cheer running up war spending into the trillions WITHOUT tax increases to pay for it?

Uh huh...right.
Pay for things like how the WWII generation did, that's insane. We should have Bush era taxation with Bush era spending.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:00 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,264,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It is mind boggling that the folks who crucify Bush just permanently put his tax cuts in place for folks under $450K. I don't know what to say.

I can, without a doubt say, that the Villiage Idiot was put in the Whitehouse by the town drunks.

I wonder what a poll would show for the average credit score of the people who voted this guy into office. I am guessing it's pretty low since they can't manage their own finances it would make sense they would vote for a guy that couldn't either and dish out freebie's on top of all of this..

I hope we tank.. Credit rating tanks.. Jobs go into the $hitter and we have a total rebuild of what's left.

I've had times I didn't have two nickles to rub together, one dinner plate and a box spring on the floor in my bedroom and rebuilt so I can do it again.

Let's go! Off the Cliff....
I have a perfect credit score.
You?

Old 01-01-2013, 04:10 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,264,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoking66 View Post
Haha that's funny, 'cos it's not a spending cut at all. Knowing Congress, both parties have no interest in really cutting the deficit, and any small revenues gained from the expiration of the Bush tax cuts (which should have never been put in place anyway) would just be spent again. Neither party seems to understand fiscal responsibility and both continue to spend out of control. We need to drastically curb defence and entitlement spending and overhaul the federal government by improving efficiency and trimming all unnecessary costs, while incentivising the private sector to pick up the work that doesn't need to be done by the feds.
What the Tax Cuts Cost | Cost of Tax Cuts

Adding money by cutting deductions is a savings.

The cost to the American people from the tax cuts for the rich is $3.2 Trillion.
That would pay for everyone's health care with money left over.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:20 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,922,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
That is sick. The Reopublicans are agreeing to tax increases, why arent the liberals agreeing to spending cuts. If you truly care about the nation and future generations how can you justify tax increases with no spending cuts. That tells me you are living for the now and care only about yourself. What a sick, selfish mentality!
"A Democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of Government. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that Democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy..."
Professor Alexander Fraser Tyler writing when the states were still colonies of Great Britain, explaining why democracies always fail.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:10 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,470,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
"A Democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of Government. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that Democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy..."
Professor Alexander Fraser Tyler writing when the states were still colonies of Great Britain, explaining why democracies always fail.
Too bad that is not true. Corporate interest and lobbyist rule in America, not the everyday person. Keep your silly quotes to yourself.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:13 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,778,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Elections have consequences.

If ya didn't know, now ya know.

I've got a great question too; what kind of sick person would cheer running up war spending into the trillions WITHOUT tax increases to pay for it?

Uh huh...right.
Bush 43 said the same thing after winning the 2004 election over Kerry. Bush 43 told the American people he has "political capital" to impose his own agenda. (Reform social security)

We all know how well Bush 43 did with his agendas after the 2004 election. It went no where.

So those thinking Obama has this same political capital with huge tax increases without real spending cuts need to think again about this "elections have consequences" motto.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,778,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I'd love to cut the military budget by about 75%.
Sure. Do that. Unemployment will go from 9% to 12-15% almost immediately.

It's a spider web of infrastructure the USA has depended on. 20% military spending. 20% health care spending. 40% of budget are these 2 industries.

Cannot cut defense unless people start losing jobs. Everyone knows this.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:18 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,402,971 times
Elections have consequences. I am surprised so many Republicans went along with this charade, I guess they figured they get blamed no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies