Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 03:00 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times

Advertisements

Americans should have attitudes and tolerance like this:

Jiggs McDonald, NHL Hall of Fame broadcaster speaking in Orillia, Ontario, says the following:

"I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another mosque being built in Toronto . I think it should be the goal of every Canadian to be tolerant regardless of their religious beliefs. Thus the mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.

That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque, thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque. We could call one of the clubs, which would be gay, "The Turban Cowboy ", and the other a topless bar called "You Mecca Me Hot."

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent to that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant, called " Iraq o'Ribs." Across the street there could be a lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret ", with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods. Next door to the lingerie shop there would be room for an adult sex toy shop,"Koranal Knowledge", its name in flashing neon lights, and on the other side a liquor store called "Morehammered".

All of this would encourage Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us, so their mosque issue would not be a problem for others."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 12:05 AM

2 posts, read 2,104 times
Jiggs did NOT say this. It makes the rounds of the internet periodically attributed to him, but he did not say it. There are no legitimate sources for it. Just a series of people passing it along as though it was his words.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:13 AM

688 posts, read 652,299 times
If it's true, then Jiggs should be ashamed for categorizing all muslims as extremists.

If it's not true, then Jiggs should take the name of the OP and contact an attorney for slander.

If any muslim is present on this forum, then I encourage you to speak for your religion and dispel this "extreme" label that's been given amongst you.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,104 times
If you search some key words, you'll find this same thought circulating attributed to a) no one at all, b) a letter to the editor in the UK Daily Mail, c) the person who is posting it, etc. etc. etc. It's a shame that someone chose to associate his name with it at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies