Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 04:13 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
We all know that she vowed to not run for POTUS in 2016 but she's not only a Democrat but she's a Clinton so lying or "changing her mind" wouldn't exactly have been a surprise. We also know that quite a few Dems were secretly holding out hope of a Clinton comeback in 2016 no matter what she said.

Now that Hillary's physical condition removes all chances of her ever being President who is the DNC going to trot out in 2016?
Perhaps the nitwit is being groomed for a 2016/20 run . . .

Chelsea Clinton set to continue family political dynasty as Hillary Clinton prepares for run at White House | BelleNews.com, Latest News

NBC Hires Chelsea Clinton as Full Time 'Nightly News' Correspondent | NewsBusters.org

Chelsea Clinton, Still NBC’s Pretend Journalist | Daily Download
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Do they give out free ice with that kool aid? I didn't say anything about anyone being a pox, learn to read.
kool aid infers that i am saying something that is untrue. Mind disproving me ?

obviously i can read if i am responding here

Old 01-01-2013, 04:14 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Elizabeth Warren, John Kerry or an unknown Hispanic.

That's my best guess for now.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:16 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Ahh, the Clinton family... the gift that keeps on giving. One can only hope that Hillary ends her political career sooner than Teddy ended his and has enough time to enjoy the life she has left.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:17 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
kool aid infers that i am saying something that is untrue. Mind disproving me ?

obviously i can read if i am responding here
Obviously you can't if you claim I said something about pox.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:23 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
the blood clot she had was one leaving the brain, not going to, and it was caused by the Flu, not by an inherent defect in her body, so you would be wrong.

and by the way, didnt John Stewert do a video on how every presidential candidate had said they wouldnt run for President ???

and LOL at your comment about the Clintons being a pox.

Largest economic expansion in our nations history and you think thats a bad thing , smdh.
That came about through Clinton compromising with Republican majorities after they won the midterm elections. None of it was Clinton's idea. He was forced into taking on conservative policies. So if we'd had a conservative president at the time and no compromising had been required, we could have done a lot more. The same thing happened with the New Deal. After the crash the economy started recovering, then FDR got elected and instituted his New Deal, with the result that the depression spiralled downward in America far past when other areas of the world recovered, and only when Congress and the Supreme Court started putting a halt to FDR's policies did the American economy recover. There has never, ever been a time in history when actual liberal policy has helped the economy. It is only when liberals take on conservative policy, and then take credit for it later.

And the last few years we've seen further evidence of it. Obama refused to take on conservative policy with the result that the economy is having the worst recovery on record.

It's a cycle. Conservative policies create a healthy and strong nation, then liberal policy to spread the wealth around becomes attractive to people, then when the money is gone, conservative policy comes back to get the economy going again. Liberal policy is all about distributing wealth, but never about creating it.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
the blood clot she had was one leaving the brain, not going to, and it was caused by the Flu, not by an inherent defect in her body, so you would be wrong.

and by the way, didnt John Stewert do a video on how every presidential candidate had said they wouldnt run for President ???

and LOL at your comment about the Clintons being a pox.

Largest economic expansion in our nations history and you think thats a bad thing , smdh.
As far as we know the clot was caused by the fall, but remember, this is not her first clot..Will she run? who knows, my feeling is, this will probably end any thought she has (if she has any) of getting more involved in politics...Sometimes it takes something like this to convince someone to give it up....

Old 01-01-2013, 06:32 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
We all know that she vowed to not run for POTUS in 2016 but she's not only a Democrat but she's a Clinton so lying or "changing her mind" wouldn't exactly have been a surprise. We also know that quite a few Dems were secretly holding out hope of a Clinton comeback in 2016 no matter what she said.

Now that Hillary's physical condition removes all chances of her ever being President who is the DNC going to trot out in 2016?
Why are you worried about who the Dems will bring out. You really need to worry about who the GOP will trot out and better hope that its not another from the loony bin like this past election.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Desides Biden, there a slew of known and lesser known possibilities among them Mark Warner, Tim Kaine, Evan Bayh, Martin O'Malley, Andrew Cuomo, Elizabeth Warren, Antonio Villaraigosa, Cory Booker, or Julian Castro. However if 6 months in politics is a light year, this two years before anyone even begins to send out feelers is a fracking eternity.

Personally, two years of campaigning is more than enough for me, too much in fact so can we not have campaign debates starting before we even inaugurate the winner of the an election that we just held?
I am glad you feel this way, for the most part there have been several left leaning network contributors who have said, the party doesn't have a lot of new talent..Elizabeth Warren, that is a huge stretch!!! Julian Castro is a mayor, he would have to do something spectacular to even get a nod. some of the others are so new or unknown the average Joe has no idea who they even are. We are not talking about another Obama.You are right, it is a little early, but 2 years from now will be too late. Those who are thinking of 2016 are already starting to line up their supporters; quietly, but believe me they are working on getting a committee together.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Elizabeth Warren, John Kerry or an unknown Hispanic.

That's my best guess for now.
Again, we are not talking another Obama that can come from nowhere and be groomed to lead the country. Elizabeth Warren, hardly, John Kerry, you can't be serious and if there is an unknown Hispanic he/she will remain unkinown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies