Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:00 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
I was going to read your post because you have alot of experience in your job. Then you started flappin you gums about things you have no idea about and went all political so I stopped reading
Such as what, for example?

I'm sorry if facts intrude on your simpleminded stereotypes.

Oh--you mean the Romney part? Yeah, I picked that up somewhere. I did not cite it because I can't remember exactly where I heard it, not can I (admittedly) vouch for its accuracy.

But trust me, I'm not a fan of any Dem or Repub. I wasn't trying to heap wrath specifically on Romney, although I despise the S.O.B. I hate Obama with equal measure. Bank it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 10:01 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If people on welfare are living better than you are and you're working everyday, then you're an idiot!

That's all I have to say.

??? Childless adults don't qualify for welfare, so they usually have to work every day unless they're a subsidy kid mooching off parents, boyfriends girlfriends, etc.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:04 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
The term "welfare dependency" is itself controversial, often carrying derogatory connotations that the recipient is unwilling to work. Welfare dependency and the stereotype of the welfare queen, in that long-term welfare recipients are often seen as draining public resources they have done nothing to earn, as well as stereotyped as doing nothing to improve their situation, choosing to draw benefits when there are alternatives available.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgusted123 View Post
What system are you people all clued into that promotes welfare over work? I've worked as a WTP worker for years, and most of my displaced workers not only WANT to return to work - many of them have to choose between feeding their children, or keeping the electricity bill paid.

Welfare is not an easy life, no matter what "isolated exception" you bring to my doorstep. You people are all spewing rhetoric about human beings who are just trying not to die according to the alarm you set on your Rolex.

Sorry, but I ran credit checks on welfare queens when I sold cars.

I know for a fact that some of them knock down $5k/month without working.

You can say it ain't so, but I saw their documentation with my own eyes.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:51 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Clinton had a program that solved this problem by making everyone on welfare take job training. An equitable solution (with dignity ) for both sides.

Obama encourages people to collect welfare and had flyers printed in Spanish to show illegal aliens how to collect food stamps. Go figure that...........

Last edited by jjwebbster; 06-20-2013 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: space

Old 06-20-2013, 11:41 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:

Which programs pay that much cash, and where can we sign up?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Clinton had a program that solved this problem by making everyone on welfare take job training. An equitable solution (with dignity ) for both sides.

Obama encourages people to collect welfare and had flyers printed in Spanish to show illegal aliens how to collect food stamps. Go figure that...........
this argument is moronic, President Obama encouraged poor and elderly people to sign up for food stamps instead of starving to death.

stop playing stupid.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:

yea, someone on welfare was pulling down 60,000 a year, HA HA HA.

sorry, but no one is going to believe you on that one.

Maybe you thought someone who retired early or who got workers come, but not someone strictly on welfare, that wouldnt even be considered income, so why would they show you that documentation in the first place ?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
None, illegal immigrants don't qualify.

Hee haw!! You can breathe a sigh of relief
You've got to be joking. Read and learn. Immigration and Welfare (2010)

Quote: Some people mistakenly think that immigrants are not eligible for welfare. Several years ago, Congress did attempt to render immigrants ineligible for most forms of welfare. However, subsequent backpedaling by Congress and the executive branch has undone most of those reforms. Furthermore, many immigrant families get welfare through the eligibility of their U.S. citizen children. (It is also important to realize that even when immigrants are ineligible for federal welfare programs, the burden of their support is simply shifted over to the state and local welfare agencies.)
U.S. immigration law says that persons likely to become a "public charge," i.e., depend on public assistance, are ineligible for an immigrant visa.[SIZE=4]4[/SIZE] Nevertheless, refugees, asylees, and amnestied illegal aliens are exempt from the public charge requirement.[SIZE=4]5[/SIZE] Congress has decided that the American people will serve as the sponsors for these immigrants and pick up the tab for their support.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:00 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post

Oh man and people on welfare did not like that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies