Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:16 AM

657 posts, read 695,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
That is why the {R}s should have voted down the fiscal cliff bill, they should have known Obama would take away their leverage. They are in the exact place now as they were in before the fiscal cliff vote, backs against the wall. Any body with sense knows the cuts won't take place, the bills will stack up on Reid's desk just like before.

I have to agree with {D}s on this they are the stupid party they gave Obama almost everything he wanted and did not get squat in return.
I'm sorry SwingBlade, you still have hope on the R's after the many times they've sold you down the river (even after last night? Come ON!!!). If you truly believe in a cause, you put your foot down and hold ground.

The Republicans (as a whole) do NOT care about cutting spending (see my note above), they don't care about higher taxes - so long as they get re-elected. And us, we, will re-elect them because year after year they give us what we want.

I grew up in a Democratic household and was able to see the bad on the Rs. Following all the hope blabber in 2008 by our president, I decided the buck stopped there. I will never, ever again throw away my vote for neither parties. EVER...

There are many more things we can do to inflict change, continuing to vote for these folks won't get us there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,811,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
That is why the {R}s should have voted down the fiscal cliff bill, they should have known Obama would take away their leverage.
They created Fiscal Cliff, and under the assumption that they will be able to defeat Obama's re-election. But then, republicans are known to filibuster their own bills so...

Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,046,327 times
Is he ignorant or egotistical enough to think that he has the power of a blank check?

This over reach may spell the beginning of the end.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,237 times
The end of what?

Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,941 times
Recently China's trade surplus has shrunk ... their currency may be approaching fair market value IOW.. they don't need to keep lending more and more money to the U.S in order to keep its economy going...

Last edited by stargazzer; 01-02-2013 at 11:53 AM..

Old 01-02-2013, 11:39 AM

657 posts, read 695,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
They created Fiscal Cliff, and under the assumption that they will be able to defeat Obama's re-election. But then, republicans are known to filibuster their own bills so...
You know when you are watching a game, say football. And your team is winning, and then they start playing the other team's game as a strategy and end up losing. Slowly but surely your team ends up getting destroyed.

That's what's happening to the GOP. They got hammered after GWB, which made sense after years of one of the worst presidents ever.

Instead of sending a clear cut different candidate for president in 2012, they chose a LEFT leaning republican. And all this when they had Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Chris Christie which talk the talk and walk the walk and are clear cut on the right. The GOP somehow pulled off to send the worst candidate they could have selected. If you still think Rand Paul is too out extreme - perhaps this is time to rethink your strategy.

So here's how it went. The far right and many center right did not support Romney, so many didn't vote for him (I knew this before the election). How can they if Romney was a lefty. Most democrats hate rich candidates (it's their fault mentality) and would never vote for someone like Romney even if they had Hitler in the white house. So the GOP lost the elections. It's funny that the media blames it on the GOP being too far right - BS. It was actually the opposite that got the GOP destroyed.

The Republicans had a chance to cut spending by 6 trillion over 10 years (Obama offered) prior to the elections - what did the GOP do? They didn't want it before the election. Wait, aren't they for spending cuts? Here we are in 2013 with a bill that has ZERO spending cuts and now they like the bill. This is truly mind boggling and every single Republican should be voted out of office. Democrats are clear spenders, but It's obvious the GOP doesn't want spending cuts. Seriously, what a bunch of hypocrites.

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the GOP and the Democrats?

Old 01-02-2013, 11:44 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Obama should be forceful and not entertain those in the House whose sole purpose is to oppose him...
Actually, after blathering on endlessly about "working together" and "compromise", the ever hypocritical Obama/Dems just got everything they wanted with only the barest token concessions. They made out like bandits in the fiscal cliff deal and they know that the GOP isn't happy about it. They know that the GOP will want to make up their losses in the debt ceiling fight.

Obama is trying to prime the "it's all their fault" brainwash propaganda as fast as he can so he never has to actually compromise and gets everything he and his party wants.

Why not just balance the damn budget and forget about the debt ceiling entirely??? Both parties are to blame for getting us into this mess. Theory is, we can't function without deficit spending.

Nonsense! Cut defense spending! End the war in Afghanistan now! Close overseas bases! Stop playing the thankless and very expensive role of world policeman! End the war on drugs by decriminalizing it! Radically overall entitlement spending and let the state and local governments help you track down the cheaters! Do more than just giving lip service to eliminating stupid spending! Stop adding new programs and new spending! Audit the entire federal government and start eliminating everything we don't actually need or that we are drastically overpaying for! And for heavens sake, stop trying to be the nation's and the world's all-purpose piggy bank!

It's not rocket science. We could balance the budget if we wanted to, yet both parties are so hopelessly corrupt and out of touch that they just can't do it. Rather than cutting up the credit cards, they'll borrow money to make payments on money already owed and keep spending like idiots till it finally crushes us all.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:45 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
I'm sorry SwingBlade, you still have hope on the R's after the many times they've sold you down the river (even after last night? Come ON!!!). If you truly believe in a cause, you put your foot down and hold ground.

The Republicans (as a whole) do NOT care about cutting spending (see my note above), they don't care about higher taxes - so long as they get re-elected. And us, we, will re-elect them because year after year they give us what we want.

I grew up in a Democratic household and was able to see the bad on the Rs. Following all the hope blabber in 2008 by our president, I decided the buck stopped there. I will never, ever again throw away my vote for neither parties. EVER...

There are many more things we can do to inflict change, continuing to vote for these folks won't get us there.
I very rarely vote for a {R} the last 2 were Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul and you know how that worked out. You are right I do place my hope that the {R}s will do the right thing and as a person that has been voting 3rd party for many years where else can I put any hope? Lets face it not enough people will wake up and vote 3rd party so where does that leave me?

Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,941 times
how can you borrow money when you not only do not give it back, but show no interest in giving it back and ask for more...thats the problem, not the righties...The world economists is getting smart...China's leaders and many others are smarter then US, thats pretty much a given and Trump has said same.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the GOP and the Democrats?
The only real difference between Republicans and Democrats is where they will spend the $1-2 trillion deficit every year.

Most of the rest is just rhetoric about social issues and other things that they won't actually change anyways. Both parties are wholly owned subsidiaries of banks and corporate America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies