Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 11:50 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,550,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Oh please, try not to be a bigger jerk than you've been.

Here's the definition (from Wikipedia ... I know) for Chilul Hashem: "meaning desecration of the name of God, is a term used in Judaism for any act or behavior that casts shame or brings disrepute to belief in God, any aspect of the Torah's teachings, Jewish law, or the Jewish community."

I don't need anyone to interpret that for me. It's pretty clear. And that's why I asked you for the text ... because when religious leaders "interpret" things ... they're making up their own rules.
because you know more about Judaism in 5 minutes on Wikipedia then people who studied it their whole life in the original texts. we doesn't pasken based on Wikipedia. you clearly don't know the first thing about Judaism.

there are legal definitions as to what constitutes a chilul hashem. The laws on chilul Hashem are all over Jewish law and have many clearly written (into Jewish law) application that would fail your understanding of the name test. Please come back to me with your understanding of chilul hashem after going through shas all 4 books of the shulchon aruch with the nosai keliem and the rambam for every single time it says chilul hashem. and then come to me with your analysis.

Last edited by NY Jew; 01-04-2013 at 12:02 AM..

Old 01-03-2013, 11:51 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,550,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I understand it's a tactic that neo-Nazis use on the internet; they represent themselves as "Jews" and then spew forth hatred and defamation.
I find it funny that a person who according to Judaism has the same halachich (your a mechalel shabbos vifarhesya) status as a non jew is accusing someone else of being non Jewish.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:58 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
It has long been held that there are four sins which cry out to heaven for vengeance:

1. Willful murder.
2. The sin of Sodom.
3. Oppressing the poor.
4. Defrauding working men of their just wages.

All of these are sadly prevalent in the United States, but only one of these is threatening to become institutionalized today: the sin of Sodom, in the form of same-sex "marriage".

Same-sex "marriage" is not a mere trifle. If institutionalized it will turn our civilization inside-out. Although abortion (i.e., "willful murder") is arguably a greater evil, most citizens can at least avoid complicity. Not so with same-sex "marriage". Everyone from county clerks to school teachers, from insurance salesmen to commercial printers, from caterers to photographers, from journalists to secretaries, from social workers to health care professionals, etc. etc. ad infinitum, will be forced - on pain of legal sanctions, loss of employment, or social marginalization - to confess that unmarried people are married, that lies are truth, that unreality is reality; and to cooperate with and facilitate the whole damnable charade. This is the textbook definition of tyranny. Men and women of conscience, who refuse to lie or pretend for anyone, will eventually be deprived of their livelihoods.

"How Same-Sex 'Marriage' Suffocates Freedom"
by Bryce Christensen outlines the process:

"For those trying to enshrine the notion of same-sex 'marriage' in law are not primarily trying to enlarge the freedom of homosexuals; they are primarily striving to diminish the freedom of skeptics who would deny that the union of homosexuals is—or can ever be—a legitimate marriage. The aim of those trying to inscribe the novelty of homosexual marriage in law is actually that of making an outlaw out of anyone who would question the moral substance of this new social construct and the sexual behaviors it legitimates."

Do you love your country? If you do, you will do everything in your power to oppose the insidious totalitarian trojan horse (no pun intended) of same-sex "marriage". And by that I mean insisting that government acknowledge the metaphysical reality of marriage as it actually exists - the union of one man and one woman established for the procreation of children, the mutual help of spouses, and the prevention of concupiscence.
This is a very important thread, 100% accurate, and thank you Western Pilgrim for bringing this essential truth to light.

You get a rep point.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
You're not paying attention. Examples have been posted to this forum time and time again. County clerks have been forced to resign, photographers and printers and innkeepers have been fined, businesses have shut down, and religious charities have closed their doors. The linked article in the OP, which you obviously didn't read, gives a few more examples from academia:

"In 2008, a biology professor at San Jose City College was dismissed for indicating—in answer to a student’s question about how heredity affects sexual orientation—that environment might be a cause of homosexuality. In 2010, Hasting College of Law denied official recognition and funding to the Christian Legal Society as a student organization (the first time it had ever denied a student organization recognition) because the group required officers (not its members) to affirm Christian sexual ethics, including the scriptural proscription against homosexuality. In 2009, a student was expelled from a counseling program at Eastern Michigan State University for refusing to affirm that homosexual behavior is normal and acceptable. In 2005, a student in a counseling program at Missouri State University found that the university had filed a grievance against her for refusing to fulfill a class assignment requiring her to write a letter to the state legislature advocating the legalization of homosexual adoption. And in 2011, a counseling student who dared to voice her opinion in class that homosexual acts are immoral learned that Augusta State University would not let her continue her academic program unless she successfully completed diversity-sensitivity training. The list goes on, with reports of similar anti-anti-homosexual bullying at Washington State University, Georgia Tech University, and the Ohio State University."
Outrages like this continue to take place, yet the gay army touts themselves as the "tolerant" ones.

Yeah, right.

They are only tolerant of people who agree with them without any deviation.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Um, yes it will hurt.

Let me give you just one small example. There are 316,299 public school teachers in California. If they take your advice and ignore SB-48, they will lose their jobs. That will hurt.
I am considering earning a California teacher's credential, and I will choose to teach history.

I plan on ignoring SB-48.

Too bad the tyrannical California Teacher's Association won't allow me to teach in public schools without joining their union - but perhaps I can work on changing it from the inside.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Someone really needs to take his head out of the gutter and other people's sex lives. This prurient obsession seems to demonstrate an unhealthy interest and dare one say it perveted fixation on what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms. Being that focussed on sex really verges on the pathological...

Has the OP nothing better to do than to think about sex ? Seriously. Any hobbies ? I find it bizarre and a little frightening how much time some posters seem to have to decry other people's sex lives. Too much time thinking about sex is really not that healthy darling.

Come up for air once in a while and smell the flowers, try to extricate yourself from smut , this is really not healthy to think that much about sex, there are other things in the world, honest....

Funny how the most shrill and vocal "moral" advocates always seem to have their heads firmly into the prurient, sexual topics isn't it....

He who doth protest too much and all that. Gee , get a life Darling, breathe deeply, and start thinking about your own life.

It almost seems a vicarious sex addiction some posters have when it comes to other people's lives.

Comparing murder or economic slavery to consentual adult Gay marriage is beyond pathetic. Grossly offensive and showing a lack of either intellect or mental acuity or is it simply being intellectually disingenuous for the sake of it ? I can never my mind up whether these posters are really that bigoted and small minded, simply perverted and getting their kicks vicariously or simply some kind of "agents provocateurs" playing Devil's advocates simply because they like to stir the pot ?

I think the former rather than the latter.

Get your mind out of people's genital areas and their sexual pratices for a while and start living life instead.

Is the OP's own sex life so devoid of satisfaction and joy that it needs to be improved with this perverted pruriency ? Seriously ????
Isn't the most common argument of the gay army that homosexuality is "more than sex"?

You aren't doing much to support this position.

A "fixation on what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms"? I entirely agree that what people do there should be no ones business but the people whom are engaged in such activities.

But unfortunately the homosexual movement isn't satisfied with leaving "gay" people alone to do what they do in their bedroom.

They want us to acknowledge validity of their lifestyle on the street, and they want us to accept that homosexual marriage is "equal" to the true definition of marriage - that of a union between a man and a woman.

So, if you really are worried about privacy, why not promote the privacy of homosexual relationships, instead of shoving these relationships in everybody's face - not to mention down our throats, all the while depriving people who disagree with you of their rights?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,076,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So, if you really are worried about privacy, why not promote the privacy of homosexual relationships, instead of shoving these relationships in everybody's face - not to mention down our throats, all the while depriving people who disagree with you of their rights?
What exactly is it that homosexuals keep shoving down your throat?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:23 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,472,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Isn't the most common argument of the gay army that homosexuality is "more than sex"?

You aren't doing much to support this position.

A "fixation on what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms"? I entirely agree that what people do there should be no ones business but the people whom are engaged in such activities.

But unfortunately the homosexual movement isn't satisfied with leaving "gay" people alone to do what they do in their bedroom.

They want us to acknowledge validity of their lifestyle on the street, and they want us to accept that homosexual marriage is "equal" to the true definition of marriage - that of a union between a man and a woman.

What rights are you being deprived of?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
What rights are you being deprived of?
Read post #3.

//www.city-data.com/forum/27583457-post3.html

Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What exactly is it that homosexuals keep shoving down your throat?
Sigh - some of you people insist on burying your head in the sand.

Homosexual relationships, of course.

Read post #3 and get back to me.

//www.city-data.com/forum/27583457-post3.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.