Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 03:58 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So is vaginal sex.
Statistics does not suggest so.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:58 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
P.S. You never did answer my question, and I'm really curious... what did you mean earlier by "woman's fame?" I still can't figure out what you meant to say there!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Statistics does not suggest so.
See my post above... yes, they do.

But how did we get on the topic of HIV/AIDs, anyway? This thread is about gay MARRIAGE, and one would think anyone who's concerned about promiscuity and/or STDs would applaud their desire to commit.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Actually, we can - at least if we're talking worldwide, and I don't think viruses (nor any deities) are able to distinguish one's nation of residence.

- Worldwide, more than 80 percent of all adult HIV infections have resulted from heterosexual intercourse.
- Approximately 47 percent of the 34.3 million adults living with HIV/AIDS worldwide are women.

Worldwide HIV Facts - HIV Facts - HIV Data and Statistics - AIDS Facts
Learn some math. How many gays are there in the world? How many straight men and women?

In many countries, homosexuality is a taboo, and even subject to death penalty. And you use their data?

In addition, most gays in those countries have sex with women too. You just cannot tell.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 AM

Quote:
In many countries, homosexuality is a taboo, and even subject to death penalty. And you use their data?

In addition, most gays in those countries have sex with women too. You just cannot tell.
In many countries, yes - but we're talking EIGHTY PERCENT worldwide, which also includes the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, etc - nations where it isn't so taboo. Even if we're only talking about places like Africa & the Middle East, your desperate attempt to explain this away couldn't possibly account for 80% of all cases. Nice try, now admit you were talking out of your butt.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:05 AM

Quote:
In many countries, yes - but we're talking EIGHTY PERCENT worldwide, which also includes the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, etc - nations where it isn't so taboo. Even if we're only talking about places like Africa & the Middle East, your desperate attempt to explain this away couldn't possibly account for 80% of all cases. Nice try, now admit you were talking out of your butt.
Did you learn math in school?

If 95% population are straight, and they account for 80% AIDS.
Which group is more likely to get AIDS? Gays or straights?

If you passed elementary school you should be able to figure out.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Did you learn math in school?

If 95% population are straight, and they account for 80% AIDS.
Which group is more likely to get AIDS? Gays or straights?

If you passed elementary school you should be able to figure out.
I have a Master's Degree, thanks, so I'm quite capable of doing that math... but I also know "gays" include lesbians, and non-heterosexuals (especially if you count bisexuals) likely make up more than 5% of the population. Unless you can find some empirical data on that, this is kind of a moot point anyway.

Besides, aren't you the one who said "homosexuality is taboo in many countries?" Kinda skews that 95% figure, since you yourself suggested some of those "straight" people are really not.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Besides, aren't you the one who said "homosexuality is taboo in many countries?" Kinda skews that 95% figure, since you yourself suggested some of those "straight" people are really not.
If it is a taboo, they will simply not have sex with individuals of the same sex, even if there is attraction. So in terms of sexual behaviors, they are the same as straights. (Psychology may be different, of course, but it is irrelevant here).

Old 01-04-2013, 04:21 AM

Quote:
As I said in the US we are not as extreme as those countries but too much random sex is till not considered good.
"Too much random sex" is a very subjective concept, but again, not being a virgin =/= tons of random sex. Most unmarried adults are capable of having healthy sexual relations, without sleeping with anything that offers. Trust me.

Quote:
And no, not just Muslim countries. In China, a person has 1.3 sex partners in the WHOLE life, on average.
Sucks to be them, LOL.

(and I'd hardly use China as a good example, given their history of tyranny and forced population control)

Old 01-04-2013, 04:22 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
O.M.G.

If you aren't going to read the posts QUOTED, please refrain from responding at all. I never did such a thing, Western Pilgrim did - and both hammertime & I are merely pointing out the lunacy of this connection HE made. So thank you for proving our point, that rape is in no way related to the issue of gay marriage.

Now please... either apologize for your misunderstanding & direct those comments at WP instead, or stay out of this line of conversation. Because clearly you're having some trouble following it!
I will repost what you stated, with the rape parts in BOLD so no part will be misunderstood.

Quote:
Yeah, because domestic partnerships didn't deliver the EQUAL rights & benefits awarded to married straight couples... if they did, maybe this issue wouldn't have even materialized. As for the slippery slope theories, I still maintain they're dumb - otherwise we'd already have slipped really far down, since these arguments have been used against change (everything from suffrage to civil rights) for centuries now. We just have to trust that society will draw its own lines, and even if they're not to your liking, they will be drawn in a way that's fair to everyone. Last time I checked, rape wasn't fair.
What that i posted was innacurrate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies