Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 02:34 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
you might be Jewish but you practice anti Judaism.

Now since it's almost shabbos I'm going to stop this conversation till afterwards. This is relevant because only who Jews keep shobbos are entailed to opinions about Judaism view of things.
I don't practice anti-Judaism, I practice humanitarian Judaism... and you, sir, are an embarrassment to even the Orthodox Jews of this country. I know many who keep Shobbos (even within my own family), and they'd be disgusted by your views too.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM

990 posts, read 938,821 times
Quote:
you want to tell me to violate my religion by selling thing forbiden by my religion.

I regularly speak to some of the biggest rabbis in America today (about many topics) why would I care to speak to some "rabbi" who I know much more then. The biggest rabbi (Rav Moshe Feisntein) who most likely ever lived in America said every single Jew should go to city hall to oppose the NYC "gay rights" "to show the world that the nation of god hates abomination (homosexual relations)"
Feinstein has been dead for 25+ years. He believed that shaking hands with a woman was a sin. He's no different than Ayatollah Khomeni except that he's a Jew instead of a Muslim. He is used as an excuse for intolerant bigots who use religion to justify their primitive views.

The funny thing is that you're talking about a guy who thought that men and women should be kept separate at all times...sounds to me like Gay marriage would be right up that alley, so to speak.

Isn't it funny that the most anti-gay people tend to be a part of a religion which believes that women need to be kept separate from men at all times? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't those people think that men should not be around other men?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
I'm saying that liberal and reform-Judaism, is not Judaism. I never said the US goverment should make laws that ban liberal and reform-Judaism though I would not oppose such laws if they made them. I said that gay "rights" laws prevent Jews from following Judaism. I'm saying the gay movement is filled with anti Semites...
This is so true that it needs to be repeated.

The gay army is infested with anti -Semites.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I'm saying that liberal and reform-Judaism, is not Judaism. I never said the US goverment should make laws that ban liberal and reform-Judaism though I would not oppose such laws if they made them. I said that gay "rights" laws prevent Jews from following Judaism. I'm saying the gay movement is filled with anti Semites as judged by those who want to ban circumcision for everyone including jews being cheered when they march in their pride parades. I'm saying that the gay movement and specifically "marriage" will destroy society in many ways specifically birth rates, and decreasing normal marriage rates will helps build stable societies. I'm saying that people's attractions are effected by what their society considers to be exceptable and desirable (color, height, weight, etc. and yes gender). I'm saying that gay rights changed more people to become open to practice dangerous (in Africa 10 times more likely to have aids) and worthless (no biological children) compared to normal lifestyles. I'm saying that many people who once considered themselves 100% gay no are happily married (to a member of the opposite sex) with children (like Bill Deblassio's wife). I'm saying that the gay community will never stop "fighting" even after they achieve all the "rights" they say they want now because they always want new rights. First all they wanted was the "right" to practice debauchery then they wanted only the "right" to get better job security then anyone else in the world, then they only wanted the "right" to teach their lifestyle in the schools against the parents wishes, then only they wanted the "right" to "marry" next they will want the right to close down anyone who disagrees with them, then they may want the right to force clergy to preform "marriages" or did I reverse the order?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
it's freedom of religion not freedom from religion. I would have no problem (constitutionally) if the government mandates that every single person become religious as long as every individual has the option of what religion.
Yes, and that would include the religions of atheism and secular humanism.

Every person has a god - shaped hole that must be filled.

Sadly, too many people fill that hole with blocks that are not their true God and creator.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:01 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Those are the facts, but another pesky fact is that M2M cases are dropping while M2F cases are RISING (rapidly). Why doesn't that concern you more? And what does this have to do with gay marriage? As I and another poster have already said, if HIV is your major issue with homosexual men, one would think that's a good argument FOR allowing them to legally commit. Of course married people cheat too, but it's a lot messier and emotionally harder to cheat on an actual spouse.

(and yes, I realize you didn't bring this up first - I'm just throwing it out as a general statement)
"In 2010, the estimated number of new HIV infections among MSM was 29,800, a significant 12% increase from the 26,700 new infections among MSM in 2008."

I happen to agree that legalizing ssm probably would have a positive impact on the HIV rate among gay men. That's not the reason I support ssm, but it's a good byproduct.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM

990 posts, read 938,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why would I teach in a religious school, when so many children are funnelled through the public school system and fed minsinformation?

I have an obligation to teach them the truth.
No. It is illegal for you to attempt to indoctrinate children. Some of the students may be Atheist, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Shinto, Rastafarian, etc.

As a member of a school board, I know this for a fact. You cannot preach your religion to a class, no matter what the religion is.

In a religious or private school, you are free to espouse your misinformation and primitive cultish beliefs as much as the administration lets you.

And since when is education automatically "liberal"? Where do the 47% that voted for Romney (ironic number, I know) come from? Were they are home-schooled or taught in religious schools? What about the 1% of us who are neither "liberal" or "conservative"?

I don't know about you, but in school I learned HISTORY, SCIENCE, MATH and ENGLISH...not religous dogma or "the gay agenda". Seriously, where do you people come up with this nonsense?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The only thing I've ever wanted for gays - and the only thing I've ever seen any gay person argue for - is equal treatment under the civil, secular laws of the United States. Period. That's all.
They already have that.

You are advocating for special rights based on a person's chosen lifestyle.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2013 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 01-04-2013, 03:10 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
They already have that.

You are advocating for special rights based on a person's chosen lifestyle.
Explain DOMA to me if you would please. Will repealing DOMA give gay people special rights, or equal rights?

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2013 at 03:34 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
No. It is illegal for you to attempt to indoctrinate children.
I am glad you agree that current liberal educational policy is illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
I don't know about you, but in school I learned HISTORY, SCIENCE, MATH and ENGLISH...
So did I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies