Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 04:19 PM

990 posts, read 938,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You ae so wrong - and your lies are pathetic.
What lies? Never in this entire thread have I lied. I speak the truth.

Quote:
You know perfectly well that I never said that religion is not a choice - so why would you even suggest such drivel to be true?
I said that religion is a choice because IT IS. How do you think your ancestors became Christian? It wasn't by birth, it was a conscious choice. Hence that whole "conversion" thing

If religion wasn't a choice, why would Mormons go on missions? Aren't they trying to get people to choose their religion?

Quote:
Faith is always a choice, and I have consistently maintained this as a truth.

One must acknowledge that they are a sinner, and accept the forgiveness that was justified by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, in His sacrifice on the cross, in order to be a Christian.

You construing my stance as anything but a choice is a LIE , and a typical liberal deflection, in order to avoid their true anti-spiritual beliefs.

Shame on you for your dishonesty.

May God bless you.
I have spoken the truth and I live a far more moral life than you. I am on a school board, I volunteer with inner-city teenagers, I give every excess penny I can to charity and I don't claim it on my taxes because I feel guilty about taking money away from those who need it more. I always help out strangers in need, I have even injured myself helping complete strangers lift things or move furniture.

I don't need to believe in myths and fairy tales and imaginary friends spread by some ancient cult to be moral.

And I'm not a "liberal", I'm a LIBERTARIAN.

Religion is a choice you make, sexuality is not. This is a fact. You can wake up tomorrow and decide that your primitive cult isn't the right one for you and switch to Islam, but you certainly can't wake up a different sexuality!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Are you saying that you support DOMA? .
No - I very much disagree with section 3 of DOMA (the main part of the law). It codifies within the law the denial of equal federal rights to legally married gay people. It's disgusting, it's invidious discrimination, and it's unconstitutional.

I don't necessarily disagree with section 2 of DOMA. It protects state's rights and state's sovereignty.

Frankly, I don't see why you're against the law at all. Section 2 protects states rights, and section 3 instructs the federal government to discriminate against gay people - those are two things you seem very supportive of.

Quote:
It most certainly does impose on state rights.
How? I explained to you why it doesn't with an analysis of the law. Can you not counter my arguments? Can you not give your own analysis of DOMA that shows what you claim?

Old 01-04-2013, 04:27 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
I didn't insult you, so why do you call me a name when I was merely pointing out that HIV/AIDS have NOTHING to do with Same-sex marriage...if anything, they are inversely related. Married couples are far less likely to have multiple sexual partners than unmarried ones.

The truth about AIDS/HIV is that they have nothing to do with this debate and your statistics about the origins of infection are meaningless in this debate.
Ok. When you wrote ---

"And being anti-gay, you should be PRO-Gay Marriage... That way you can look up on a public record if someone is gay and discriminate them accordingly. That way, when you want to go all Gestapo on the gays, there's a paper trail." ...

I was too touchy, and thought it was an insult. I retract calling you a nincompoop.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:29 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,186 times
Quote:
Normalizing?
Social Stigma?

Ummm, no.

Gay Pride parades have already done that.

When I was a 14 year old jock, I would never have been anywhere near a gay pride parade...today, the entire baseball team of 14 year olds I coach go to the pride parade together to CELEBRATE with the gays.
Wow, sometimes I forget how utterly decadent the public schools are these days. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
You can't actually suggest that by legalizing gay marriage that straights will suddenly become gay because of the legal status of gay marriage, can you?
Many 14 year olds are vulnerable to sexual confusion and experimentation at that age. They can certainly be led into a homosexual lifestyle by the "normalization" you're after, whether they stick with it or not.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2013 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Wow, sometimes I forget how utterly decadent the public schools are these days. Thanks for the reminder.
It's a shame that you feel that way. Some of the best educators I have encountered have life partners.

Quote:
Many 14 year olds are vulnerable to sexual confusion and experimentation at that age. They can certainly be led into a homosexual lifestyle by the "normalization" you're after, whether they stick with it or not.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

You can lead a man to *****, but he won't take it if he don't like pink.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2013 at 07:57 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 04:37 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:

A very good post.

too bad that I can't rep you again.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2013 at 07:56 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 04:40 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
A very good post.
Really? Accusing other forum members of being child abusers is "very good" in your book?

Old 01-04-2013, 04:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Really? Accusing other forum members of being child abusers is "very good" in your book?
If the shoe fits... , right?

Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM

150 posts, read 183,155 times
Quote:
If the shoe fits... , right?
But the shoe doesn't fit in the case.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:59 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Liberals are consumed with hate of those whom disagree with them.
... said the person defending a scurrilous charge of "child abuse" leveled against another poster.

You people are unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies