Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,542,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Again, we ask you this for the 500th time: HOW DOES A GAY COUPLE IN CALIFORNIA GETTING MARRIED MAKE YOU LESS FREE?

Until you can answer that, you're just trolling with your primitive cult-based homophobia. Grow up.
because after religious people don't help in their forbidden "Wedding" religious people get sued by gay terrorists.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:02 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,542,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Marriage, as in civil marriage, has nothing to do with any religion. BTW there are many churches that support SSM.
in New York lesbian terrorists sued a religious couple for refusing to rent out their farm for their fake wedding.

I have every right under the first amendment not to sell to things to people that violate my religion. Thus I forbidden sell a gun to someone who I think may use it to murder someone just like I can't sell a ring to someone who will use it in a fake wedding. But If I exercise my first amendment right in the later case gay terrorists will attack me based on their antisemitic gay "rights" laws.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:05 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,045,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
in New York lesbian terrorists sued a religious couple for refusing to rent out their farm for their fake wedding.

I have every right under the first amendment not to sell to things to people that violate my religion. Thus I forbidden sell a gun to someone who I think may use it to murder someone just like I can't sell a ring to someone who will use it in a fake wedding. But If I exercise my first amendment right in the later case gay terrorists will attack me based on their antisemitic gay "rights" laws.
There is nothing religious about renting property.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:28 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,582,787 times
Re-opened.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Well my wife and I attend an MCC (Metropolitan Community Church) which is a Christian church where everyone is welcome regardless of their race, gender or inborn sexual preference.
We have church members that are white, black, latino, gay, lesbian and transgendered.

We all have a common underlying theme about us and that is that we believe that God believes and accepts his own creation as being diverse in all aspects of society.
In fact Our pastor just happens to be Gay and is one of the most powerful and accepting individuals that I have ever met in my entire life.

As your fundamentalist "" Christian "" beliefs are being listened to by ever aging ears more and more of your houses of hate are being shuttered.

There's only so much hate that you can spew with a congregation that has an average age of 57.

As the last election proved, your belief system based on exclusion and marginalization is dead.

It's a new day thank God.

I'll pray for you because, as demonstrated in your diatribe, you are a very sad and lonely individual.

God bless you.
Thanks for the prayers. You will find, however, that the liberal mainline groups are missing young people, while traditionalist churches and parishes are full of fervent young families. Same-sex "marriage" does not have a future in America's churches.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,113,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post

If your religion doesn't allow you to follow the laws of your state that all other businesses follow, then you shouldn't be in business.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:08 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,737,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Republicans... always on the wrong side of history.
You mean like Lincoln was? Eisenhower? Reagan?

Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,737,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If your religion doesn't allow you to follow the laws of your state that all other businesses follow, then you shouldn't be in business.
If the state makes laws that fly in the face and suppress religion, they have no business making laws.

By your logic the state could outlaw all religion, and that would supercede religion itself. You obviously don't understand what Freedom of Religion means.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,113,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
If the state makes laws that fly in the face and suppress religion, they have no business making laws.
Religion and businesses are not the same thing. No one is forcing anyone to go into business. If you can not follow the laws that all businesses must follow, then don't open a business. It's simple really.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Should a Muslim shopkeeper have the right to refuse to serve you because you're Jewish?
Apples and oranges. No one is proposing that businesses should refuse to serve anyone because they are homosexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies