Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,129,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Actually, this constitutionally illiterate jarhead is a public servant, whose Commander in Chief is Barack H. Obama.

In our country, the military is under civilian control. Always has been, always will be. The pros or cons of any particular piece of firearms legislation aside, that fact is not going to change, no matter how much pouting there is from military goons.
Obama... Not Feinstein.

And technically, as veterans will state, soldiers swear to defend and uphold the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic.

No where do we swear to protect or uphold the government...

Anyone subverting the constitution could be considered an enemy no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
If a law is unconstitutional then it is no law to me...

I'm repeating myself in this thread, but I'll say it again. A law isn't unconstitutional until the SCOTUS says it is. At which point, it's not a law to anyone, including you.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:24 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,129,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm repeating myself in this thread, but I'll say it again. A law isn't unconstitutional until the SCOTUS says it is. At which point, it's not a law to anyone, including you.
This is where you are wrong.

An unconstitutional law is unconstitutional at its inception.

This is why when SCOTUS does rule one is unconstitutional all convictions preceding the ruling are erased.

That in itself is prima facie evidence that your argument is false.

Of course, you are free to be a government slave if you choose. As for me, give me liberty or give me death...

Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Actually, this constitutionally illiterate jarhead is a public servant, whose Commander in Chief is Barack H. Obama.

In our country, the military is under civilian control. Always has been, always will be. The pros or cons of any particular piece of firearms legislation aside, that fact is not going to change, no matter how much pouting there is from military goons.
Maybe you need to read the letter so you can learn that this man served 8 years and is no longer active duty. Yep, he is very right about who is the servant of who. Go ahead and read all of the letter along with the description of it all.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:48 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Obama... Not Feinstein.

And technically, as veterans will state, soldiers swear to defend and uphold the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic.

No where do we swear to protect or uphold the government...

Anyone subverting the constitution could be considered an enemy no?
That is how I interpreted my oath. We swear to protect and defend the US Constitution, and when government violates that document they become the enemy.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:24 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
Gun owners love america more than you liberals think.
We tend to take responsibility for our seves, rather than abuse government funding .
We help others because it is the right thing to do, but we do it out of kindness, not debt.
Many conservitive gun owners would step out and defend those in danger , I have yet to see a liberal that will .
Animal rights nuts will sacrifice them selves for animals and blindly elevate animals over people , that's sick .
Liberals like to use other peoples money to protest against them but not spend their own hard earned money to help .
It is a fact that ,the disarmed empower the criminal .Particularly when the govenment turns criminal. The reason for the second ammendment.
And the liberals have made every effort to empower criminals for many years .
The law industry makes it's living on this issue, and would enjoy all the more, criminalizing more of america .
Just look at homeland security's discription of a terrorist . It discribes literally thousands of Americans including our fore fathers.
Pay close attention to the things people from other countries have said , those that have been the victom of home invasion, and the laws do not protect them , they protect the criminal .
That is your future or that of your children , unless of course you children are criminals .

Last edited by arleigh; 01-04-2013 at 03:35 AM..

Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 AM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Interesting.

I'm glad our founding father's or the abolitionists weren't this asinine...

An unconstitutional law is by definition illegal and therefore not subject to being obeyed.

I'm VA where I live there are local laws banning guns in certain areas. The state however has a preemption law making it illegal for localities to make gun laws different from the state.

Shall I obey the illegal local laws?

NOPE!
The prior poster indicated he will decide on his own whether a law is unconsitutional, too many internet constitutional scholars deciding they know more than supreme court justices. When each person decides the law we have no law.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
This is where you are wrong.

An unconstitutional law is unconstitutional at its inception.

This is why when SCOTUS does rule one is unconstitutional all convictions preceding the ruling are erased.

That in itself is prima facie evidence that your argument is false.

Of course, you are free to be a government slave if you choose. As for me, give me liberty or give me death...

Nope, this is where I'm right.

Answer this one for me: how is a law deemed to be unconstitutional and thus unenforceable? The SCOTUS has to rule it as such. Up until the moment they do, it is still legally applicable and considered to fall within the framework of our constitution. Yes, once a law is ruled unconstitutional, all prior convictions are overturned, but that doesn't prove your point. The SCOTUS ruling is the singular trigger point, not your opinion or my opinion or anything else. Just because the law might change tomorrow, doesn't make it null today.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:10 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Former Chief Justice Rehnquist conceded the fact that DUI checkpoints are unconstitutional.Where were all of these "defenders of the constitution" then? I suspect they don`t care about the Constitution one bit. It`s about gun nuttery.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
We Should RESPECT This Man. He Wore The Uniform: Letter From U.S. Marine To Dianne Feinstein About His Guns
I am sure there are millions of people who respect him, yet disagree with his views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies