Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

Maybe hanging out with the RZA got to him??? You know what they say about "Once you go black..."

No, but seriously, I don't know what Tarantinos deal is.

Maybe it's just a stroke of inspiration and will come to pass... That is usually the case with any credible artist. Or, maybe he is just a bleeding heart?
His movies are cartoonish and uphold white supremacy. People who see them usually aren't smart enough to see this they actually thing his movies make them feel good.

He's a bleeding heart white lib that loves black women but will never disrespect his core white audience with something too offensive.

He's a smart guy who knows how to appeal to us while maintaining his power.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:50 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Good on Quentin, a movie loosely based upon the Houston Riot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Riot_(1917)

Old 01-02-2013, 07:54 AM

691 posts, read 771,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
This guy is going to far if you ask me. What is his fascination about white people being killed? His latest movie about a negro killing whites has sparked lots of controversy about anti-white racism. The more anti-white stuff they put out is going to backfire on them. I could go into detail about the blacks I served with in the Army during combat but I won't here.

Quentin Tarantino Reveals Plans for Killer Crow - IGN

Tarrantino says:

[ My original idea for Inglourious Basterds way back when was that this [would be] a huge story that included the [smaller] story that you saw in the film, but also followed a bunch of black troops, and they had been f--ked over by the American military and kind of go apes--t. They basically -- the way Lt. Aldo Raines (Brad Pitt) and the Basterds are having an "Apache resistance" -- [the] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland.]

How are they going do do the killing? Spit in their food before serving it? Putting razor blades on the toilet seats when cleaning them?

Old 01-02-2013, 07:54 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
His movies are cartoonish and uphold white supremacy. People who see them usually aren't smart enough to see this they actually thing his movies make them feel good.
I just think he just toys with stereotypes. Or maybe it's just really good reverse psychology. Who knows... At the end of the day he is an artist and the crux of art is letting the end user take from it whatever they will, for the most part.

Quote:
He's a bleeding heart white lib that loves black women but will never disrespect his core white audience with something too offensive.
He seems to be trending that way. I'm sure he laughs it up with RZA over a chess game about how he has a 100 million to play with. Might as well try to **** some white people off today. Or whoever.

Quote:
That he is.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:58 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,126 times
Maybe he can get his plot here:

CENSORED HISTORY: Black soldiers machine gunned their white officers at WWII airbase.

What happened at a WWII-era US airfield in Australia that was bad it prompted an emergency visit from US congressman Lyndon B Johnson?

In 1942, 600 black US soldiers were brought to Townsville in Queensland to build airstrips. Shortly after arriving, black soldiers seized control of machine guns and anti-aircraft weapons and began strafing the tents of their white officers.

Australian soldiers had to rush to the scene to help break an eight hour stand off. Newly uncovered secret documents show that 700 rounds were fired.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:01 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
So what is the outrage for this thread? Is this a racism thing or just typical hate the director nonsense?

Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post

This^

I saw the movie last week. Was left a little perplexed as to what what the underlying message was.

But since you mention it, I can see how those whites that are a bit more on the racist side could take some form of pleasure at some of the dialogue, as easily as some blacks would take some at the action scenes.

Those that arent racist, on any side of the spectrum might find some embarrasment. Some that dont think too much one way or the other may find it a just a good, quirky action film.

Stupidity, racism, pacificism, machoism, feminism, enlightenment....... all of these things know no skin color if you can read the message in it's entirety.

There's a little something for everyone in this film if you give it some open minded thought. A smart guy that knows how to make some money with his movies, indeed.

YC.......

Old 01-02-2013, 09:00 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:

You've never shared where you did your service. Were you in Vietnam?

Fragging.

Are you going to share what happened when a white American soldier killed his commanding officer with a grenade? Or are you just interested in telling everyone about Blacks in war time?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 AM

397 posts, read 257,526 times
Quote:

CENSORED HISTORY: Black soldiers machine gunned their white officers at WWII airbase.

What happened at a WWII-era US airfield in Australia that was bad it prompted an emergency visit from US congressman Lyndon B Johnson?

In 1942, 600 black US soldiers were brought to Townsville in Queensland to build airstrips. Shortly after arriving, black soldiers seized control of machine guns and anti-aircraft weapons and began strafing the tents of their white officers.

Australian soldiers had to rush to the scene to help break an eight hour stand off. Newly uncovered secret documents show that 700 rounds were fired.
I would be willing to bet those officers deserved it and more. I would also wager that based on your rants against Blacks you did your share to some while in service. They probably reported the abuse and unfair treatment to some one who told them it was their fault and they should work harder. Is that about how it went?

Last edited by Zarius; 01-02-2013 at 10:12 AM..

Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 AM

397 posts, read 257,526 times
Still no response from the OP I see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies