Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 01:13 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What makes you so sure I don't have a gun? You're just making assumptions. I've never advocated for gun control.

I'm just smart enough to know how to stay safe in my own home without shooting or killing anyone. As for the cops, maybe you should live in a bigger city if you want the protection. Even in Miami the cops will arrive in residential areas within a couple minutes.
When I lived in Detroit, the cops sometimes wouldn't come at all. My neighbor and good friend was shot dead in his home one night. Probably a hit as he was a drug dealer. I heard the shots and went to my door to investigate. I saw two people leaving and we all exchanged fire but I wasn't hit and I'm pretty sure they weren't either though one of their tires was reduced to a rim and my front window was hit.

I went inside his house, put him in my car and drove him to the hospital. i didn't even bother calling 911. he died in my car of two gun shot wounds to the chest and one to the back of the head.

Later the next day, the police showed up on my doorstep enquiring about a home invasion, shooting. Apparently a neighbor had called the police and this was their first response to the incident. They weren't even aware he had died and that I took him to the hospital. They ended up calling the hospital on the spot to confirm that. They then proceeded to close out the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 01:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I am angry with you, and anti gun people who know no better.

It is quite insane to think bad guys will stop because a gun is pointed at their head even.

In that case, sometimes they will stop and sometimes they won't.

I have been there both ways... One bad guy shot... One bad guy stopped when he discovered i was armed.

3 bad guys marched to see the chief of police who I caught stealing items out of my car while i was deer hunting, and returned to my car a little early.

I was armed with a .62 cal north west trade gun in flint lock, and so I had these 3 all get in line..

I had only one shot and a really big knife. By the time we arrived down the mountain walking the whole way these 3 bad guys were very happy to see the Chief alive. I told them wicked stories about how the Russians shot 14 eskimos with one .62 caliber round ball and how pieces of the first eskimos blew the latter eskimos to bits... Just bone and blood everywhere.

Criminal don't care if a person can defend themselves or not.... If you can good if you can't life will suck. Criminals only care about what ever it is they want.. That might be credit cards, cash, sex just to beat the tar out of whom ever.

Sometimes they don't want anything.... I know a AMC hutmaster who was shot for a few dollars way out in the mountains.... You don't rob places like Carter Notch AMC huts to get very much money.

The insane brain dead psyco that killed my in laws didn't take a thing.... he just wanted to KILL somebody.

These are the kinds of children the liberals raise.

This psyco had been lied to all his life. he was told someday he would be normal and would have a lovely wife and a great job... meanwhile everyone else knew he torched pets for his whole life. That he was on meds and would be for his whole life.

His whole life he was lied to and when he went off his meds he went off the deep end..

Why he somehow flew to Russia and married a women 3 times his age who had kids and she wanted out of Russia.

After the murders she called us and how she ever got the number I have no idea.

She was still hoping we would get her and her kids out of Russia!

Having a gun just means you have a better chance than not having a gun at all...

Having a gun is not a early warning signal..... Having a dog is...

Both cops and bad guys can shoot dogs..... So far no bad guy has wanted to shoot my dogs. but a cop once thought of it. He didn't but only because I had pointed that same shot gun at him.

In the wee hours I answer the door with a double barrel shot gun pointed down, but if i see anything i don't like in these wee hours that gun gets pointed at anyone... At the time I did i didn't know it was a cop, but i saw a hand gun and so pointed my shot gun..

That changed that cops mind in a hurry and had he fired i would have too.

Wanna know what? The cops had the WRONG HOUSE! That cop was after someone for a reported DWI and they came to get the guy in the wee hours hoping to catch him home...

I was all over the Chief that morning and that is how i came to know,,,,,, he was uh uh h so sorry uh uh uh wrong house.... uh uh uh er er er..

I was smokin mad...... That chief is the one who issued my first carry permit in MASS..... he is the one who later committed suicide with his service side arm....

Is there any thing else you want to know?
So effing what? Through working on their cases, I have personally known 12 people who were convicted of murder. As well as other "criminals" who were in some way involved as witnesses in their different cases and their families. I've had lots of training in re murder cases. I'm not impressed with your story.

Yes, some batcrap crazy people commit murder. That's not a surprise to me. I'm also not intimidated by your graphic details. I've seen lots of crime scene photos and autopsy photos as a result of my work.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,959,017 times
Quote:
What makes you so sure I don't have a gun? You're just making assumptions. I've never advocated for gun control.

I'm just smart enough to know how to stay safe in my own home without shooting or killing anyone. As for the cops, maybe you should live in a bigger city if you want the protection. Even in Miami the cops will arrive in residential areas within a couple minutes.
Oh so now rural in the woods is a dangerous place to be LOL

I have lived in Miami before..... I was hired to care take a place probably now long gone called the Stork Club, and worked for Fiberglass Pools of America, and built thatched huts for Hawaiian Tropic at places like the Castaway's if that is still there.

Why at that time I didn't see any crimes... oh no not any at all.. Oh yeah the big city is a safe place to be...

Yup nothing ever happens in Miami, Boston or Chicago ever DC, Detroit for that matter....

I don't care if you own a gun... but off hand i think you should..

That would in fact be smarter as you put it.

bad guys don't give you a lot of choices you know.. There is no smart about it when you get 0 choices.

The bad guy I shot was going to kill every living thing according to him. That would be me, my now x wife my son the great dane and my horse i guess....

It was a bad move for that bad guy, since he didn't get to kill anything.. Instead he got shot down and today lives for no other reason than to chit and roll around in a wheel chair. Must be a great life. I estimate 26 years now he has been living that way. My son just turned 31.

I wonder if his thumbs ever healed. The cops had to break both of them at the next place he went....
How i know that is after he crawled back in his car and i blew out the rear glass and the tail lights so as to mark that car... he went to another house where he somehow got in and attacked a neighbor ladies infant. The cops were forced to break both thumbs because that idiot refused to stop choking a infant.

Ever since then I wished I knew that the bad guy was a x felon if 6 crimes he did time for and 6 more to me being 6 and that other woman making 8, or all together 14 crimes of violence, because if I had known that before i fired i would have chosen his head instead of lower in his guts...

Even though i shot i was still trying to not take his life.. But had i known ahead of what he was, I would have blown his head clean off.

I have learned from that..... God help any next bad guy... because it will be his head I blow off...

Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,959,017 times
Quote:
So effing what? Through working on their cases, I have personally known 12 people who were convicted of murder. As well as other "criminals" who were in some way involved as witnesses in their different cases and their families. I've had lots of training in re murder cases. I'm not impressed with your story.

Yes, some batcrap crazy people commit murder. That's not a surprise to me. I'm also not intimidated by your graphic details. I've seen lots of crime scene photos and autopsy photos as a result of my work.
Oh well see there you go again being all so high and mighty with such superior intellect...

You get to see pictures. Try a mop and bucket some time..

Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM

I lived in Miami (Miami Beach actually). Generally speaking police response time is fastest in suburbs, slow to medium in cities, and slow to fast depending on the rural area. I have however never dialed 911 in my life and would never dial 911 in my life. So all my experience with police response times comes from say-so of neighbors.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
When I lived in Detroit, the cops sometimes wouldn't come at all. My neighbor and good friend was shot dead in his home one night. Probably a hit as he was a drug dealer. I heard the shots and went to my door to investigate. I saw two people leaving and we all exchanged fire but I wasn't hit and I'm pretty sure they weren't either though one of their tires was reduced to a rim and my front window was hit.

I went inside his house, put him in my car and drove him to the hospital. i didn't even bother calling 911. he died in my car of two gun shot wounds to the chest and one to the back of the head.

Later the next day, the police showed up on my doorstep enquiring about a home invasion, shooting. Apparently a neighbor had called the police and this was their first response to the incident. They weren't even aware he had died and that I took him to the hospital. They ended up calling the hospital on the spot to confirm that. They then proceeded to close out the case.
No offense, but maybe it was the neighborhood. I have never lived anywhere that the cops didn't show up immediately if you called 911 and reported what was happening. I'm not cop nor have I ever worked for them.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
No offense, but maybe it was the neighborhood. I have never lived anywhere that the cops didn't show up immediately if you called 911 and reported what was happening. I'm not cop nor have I ever worked for them.
The area was very impoverished, but so is 60-70% of Detroit. It was a couple miles north of midtown and just south of Highland Park. If I had lived in Midtown, the police would have probably responded right away. Midtown is the home of Wayne State University and the students demand increased police protection.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I lived in Miami (Miami Beach actually). Generally speaking police response time is fastest in suburbs, slow to medium in cities, and slow to fast depending on the rural area. I have however never dialed 911 in my life and would never dial 911 in my life. So all my experience with police response times comes from say-so of neighbors.
What part of Miami Beach? I lived in the City of South Miami, Coral Gables area. So, sounds like you're correct, fastest time is in the suburbs; however, downtown Miami has a very highend residential area, around Brickell, with lots of quite expensive condos and other residences, and the response time in that neighborhood is very fast too.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh well see there you go again being all so high and mighty with such superior intellect...

You get to see pictures. Try a mop and bucket some time..
It's NOT superior intellect...........it's education and training. I would never put myself in a position to have to use a mop and bucket.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
What part of Miami Beach? I lived in the City of South Miami, Coral Gables area. So, sounds like you're correct, fastest time is in the suburbs; however, downtown Miami has a very highend residential area, around Brickell, with lots of quite expensive condos and other residences, and the response time in that neighborhood is very fast too.
I lived in South beach, on 13th between Collins and Ocean. I was living very fast those days. I've slowed down since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies