Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
"I called the speaker four times. He did not take my calls," he said. "All I can tell you was this was the speaker's decision -- his alone."
Well, at long last ... the Governor is feeling the sting of reactionary, "We Hate America and Americans" policies of the GOP in the U.S. Congress. Let him stew in his own party's juices for a while. I have no sympathy for him. When the chips have been down and he and his state have faced unprecidented challenges ... it's been the Democratic Party officials who've stood with the Governor, not the leaders of his own party. Maybe it's time for the Governor to walk across the aisle to sit with Democrats at the Governor meetings. The Speaker's future is doubtful, at this point ... and not just for his ignorant behavior in this instance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Oh please. NJ gets the least in federal dollars per the amount of taxes paid in order to allow the fed to provide welfare to poor states like Minnesota. It's certainly not too much to ask for help when they get hit by an unprecedented natural disaster.
So its all wrong.
Get some hollywood celebs to throw a benefit and people who wish to donate can do so.
Dont blame me for the nations piggy bank being empty.

Anyway, this is what insurance is for

Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Somebody tell Christie to stop grandstanding. LOL. This guy sure wants to be president.

"The aide cited assurances from FEMA that there are sufficient disaster response funds to last through March, and Boehner told New York and New Jersey members that the disaster relief package will be his number one priority in the new Congress and will happen within the month"

Don't worry folks you'll get your money. That is all anybody cares about anymore. Gimme....gimme....gimme.
I think you are right and this is nothing but grandstanding by Christie and I can't stand Boner but he does not deserve this coming from his own party. Like another poster said the bill is probally full of pork and could be the reason why Boner did not want to just rush it thru and get it rubber stamped. Maybe he will tell Christie to f*** off too and it would be deserved.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Money is extracted from me to pay for those things.
Do you think that people who live in arizona, kansas etc. should have to bear the burden to restore jersey?
Yes. And emphatically so. If you can bailout Iraq, Afghanistan, and come up with enough dough to defend wealthy nations like Japan and Korea, you can "bailout" Jersey...and you WILL do it. Don't worry.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:20 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,652 times
Jon Boner is so emo right now, he's telling everyone to go eff themselves, even GOP members.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yes. And emphatically so. If you can bailout Iraq, Afghanistan, and come up with enough dough to defend wealthy nations like Japan and Korea, you can "bailout" Jersey...and you WILL do it. Don't worry.
Yes I am well aware of a certain groups who think multiple wrongs make a right.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:25 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Elections have consequences. Christie slobbered all over Obama right before the election, and made Sandy a political issue, setting Obama up to look like the big savior. Too bad Obama is nowhere to be found, to help the Sandy folks now that the election is over.

The bill was full of pork, much of which has nothing to do with NJ or NY. And Christie wants the entire country to foot the bill for the hurricane, 100%. THAT is what is unprecedented, outrageous and politically motivated. Maybe if FEMA did their freaking job, they wouldn't be in such dire straights.

I feel for those folks. But to blame Boehner? Nope.
"Maybe if FEMA did their freaking job, they wouldn't be in such dire straights."

Quite a bit of that cash goes to FEMA so they can distribute it.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I think you are right and this is nothing but grandstanding by Christie and I can't stand Boner but he does not deserve this coming from his own party. Like another poster said the bill is probally full of pork and could be the reason why Boner did not want to just rush it thru and get it rubber stamped. Maybe he will tell Christie to f*** off too and it would be deserved.
What's the big rush?? According to the link FEMA has money till march. Why are they intent on shoving that thing through at midnight? I think I'll look up that bill and see what's attached in it. Probably has a free buffet coupon for life for Christie somewhere in it. LOL

Old 01-02-2013, 03:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
"Maybe if FEMA did their freaking job, they wouldn't be in such dire straights."

Quite a bit of that cash goes to FEMA so they can distribute it.
And if you read the link you would see that FEMA has money through up to march.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Money is extracted from me to pay for those things.
Do you think that people who live in arizona, kansas etc. should have to bear the burden to restore jersey?
What are your thoughts on Greensburg ks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies