Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This happened in the UK so why do we even care? Liberal/Conservative as SOME here define it don't play into this.
That is your excuse to not say that the trumped up "outrage" over this is wrong? Because, it took place 3,000 miles away over a whole lot of water?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,877 times
I don't think anyone cares.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Some Twitter members were made "uncomfortable"?

I'm sorry, but no one has the right to not be offended - and if you ar offended, that is entirely on you.

This is a 10 year old kid who wanted to honor his hero - who happens to be an athelete.

Liberals are so sensitive and uptight.

Why not let a child be a kid, for once?

Why do liberals have to make innocent gestures into political firestorms?
Right because only the liberals were attacking this kid.

I'm fairly confident that Conservatives were attacking this kid, too. It's just like them to pounce on some defenseless, young child like this.

People like you - who are UnAmerican through and through - make me sick. You and Claud are both damn near pathetic. Shame on the both of you.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Why are you deflecting?
Quote:
Anyone who is attacking this child out to be ashamd of themselves.
Where is the deflection? We wouldn't be having this conversation if a 10 year old didn't have a freaking Twitter account where all sorts of twits have nothing else to do but jump on whatever the daily bandwagon happens to be.

You put up a ten year old doing anything on Twitter, YouTube or a improperly restricted Facebook account and you are "shocked" that people do mean and nasty things?

Where is all that personal responsibility crap you are always spouting off about?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post

I'm fairly confident that Conservatives were attacking this kid, too. It's just like them to pounce on some defenseless, young child like this.

People like you - who are UnAmerican through and through - make me sick. You and Claud are both damn near pathetic. Shame on the both of you.
I am an American - and have acknowledged your service in defense of our republic.

Where do you have evidence that conservatives attacked this child?

They didn't - at least not in the United States.

Liberals in the UK - most certainly did throw their"politically correct" feces in the face of this child.

Libreralism is the same all over - it always involves anti-choice and absolute tyranny.

It is pathetic and BS.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Where is the deflection? We wouldn't be having this conversation if a 10 year old didn't have a freaking Twitter account where all sorts of twits have nothing else to do but jump on whatever the daily bandwagon happens to be.

You put up a ten year old doing anything on Twitter, YouTube or a improperly restricted Facebook account and you are "shocked" that people do mean and nasty things?

Where is all that personal responsibility crap you are always spouting off about?
You are the one defending a 10 yr old having a Twitter account.

Why is that?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Some Twitter members were made "uncomfortable"?

I'm sorry, but no one has the right to not be offended - and if you ar offended, that is entirely on you.

This is a 10 year old kid who wanted to honor his hero - who happens to be an athelete.

Liberals are so sensitive and uptight.

Why not let a child be a kid, for once?

Why do liberals have to make innocent gestures into political firestorms?
actually, I and the other 310 million americans do have the right to be offended.

and again, where does it say these people are liberals, why is it that you think only liberals are offended by black face ???

Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post

Who, other than liberals, go digging for excuses to call people racists? Who, other than liberals, would pick on a little kid, because their agenda trumps all? Who are the pathetic thinskinned, looking for ways to be offended? Whiny brats, the lot a you, that have to bully and muscle others to submit to your demands. I pity you, lacking any modicum of self-respect to have to pick on the weakest among us. Have you no shame?

Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
so where again did the article mention liberals?

Can the mods change the Title of this thread as its based on a lie, please.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
This poor kid is honoring his football hero, by trying to look like him on the day he met him. He puts the pic on Twitter and everybody goes crazy. Now the child is traumatized by people making ases out of themselves insisting everybody must be offended. The player wasn't, why should he be? This is so ridiculous. People be proud of who you are, and quit hiding behind the race card. Most of us are getting sick n tired of coddling you babies. The world doesn't revolve around the color of your skin, it's your character, get some! Quit looking for scapegoats to blame for all your troubles. Grow up and get on with your life. Poor kid deserves none of this crap. Enough!

El Hadji Diouf: Father apologises after son is engulfed in Twitter race storm after blacking up his face to resemble player | Mail Online

And a happy new year to you too, sir.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies