Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Not surprising, after an election.

The ratings will go back up after people realize that a 2nd term for Obama was a huge mistake.

Also, last I heard, the ratings for cable news shows are: #1. Bill O'Reilly and #2. Sean Hannity.
Have you ever looked at the numbers? They are a joke. We get 5 times those numbers watching hockey games. All in all I would have to say that all cable news is a FAILURE of epic porportions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Have you ever looked at the numbers? They are a joke. We get 5 times those numbers watching hockey games. All in all I would have to say that all cable news is a FAILURE of epic porportions.
If their numbers are a "joke," then what about the numbers for Maddow and Morgan?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Why do people care about news ratings and cheer for or against certain networks when they aren't getting a check?

When Fox, MSNBC, CBS, or CNN mails me a check, I'll care about their ratings.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Oh I know, I remember an episode of the Daily Show when they had a clip of O'Reilly bragging about how right he is because he has higher ratings, which then Jon used that same analogy and figured that the Sharks in Shark Week must be even more right because their ratings crushed O'Reilly's ratings.

In reality, when Fox bashes the mainstream media, they might as well be bashing every other entertainment channel that crushes them in ratings. Besides at the end of the day, guys like O'Reilly and Hannity are nothing more than entertainers and I am sure the late night and day time talk shows trump them in the ratings.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That's funny, why didn't NewsHound copy the last line of the article they copied from the NYDaily News.

"Despite the dip, at the end of the day, Fox News remains the dominant news channel, and will in fact call 2012 one of its best years ever."

Political commentator Sean Hannity was one of the big losers in the 2012 election - NY Daily News

For a media outlet that creates its own facts is it any wonder its the most dominant news channel since time began..

Old 01-03-2013, 12:57 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
For a media outlet that creates its own facts is it any wonder its the most dominant news channel since time began..
It has entertainment value and relies on a constant sense of fear.

You should do an experiment, flip to FOX for a few minutes, then turn the channel to CNN or MSNBC and notice the differences with the picture and what they fill the box with. When ever I flip to FOX it feels like another 9/11 just happened and their is some pressing alert that I need to be glued to the tv to find out more. I am surprised more FOX viewers don't have heart attacks while watching FOX.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:44 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sean Hannity's Ratings Cratered After The Election - NewsHounds

Looks like O'Reilly isn't doing good either losing 30% of his audience...guess they shouldn't of been feeding their viewers bold faced lies.
With O'Reilly and Hannity I think it is the arguing.
They don't debate they bicker and yell at each other, I can't watch it because it gives me a headache.
I watch John Stossel and Greta Van Susterin sometimes.

I really like Bret Bair though.
He does some good reporting and maintains order in debates.

Another thing I think hurts Hannity and O'Reilly is they are so dismissive of Libertarians, the Tea Party and Ron Paul supporters. They have rudely disenfranchised these groups with their noses firmly in the Republican crack, which I think would have made the difference in the election. I believe Ron Paul would have handed Obama his ass, but now we'll never know.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sean Hannity's Ratings Cratered After The Election - NewsHounds

Looks like O'Reilly isn't doing good either losing 30% of his audience...guess they shouldn't of been feeding their viewers bold faced lies.
Conservatives are so disgusted with the morons that voted for Obama that they are laying low, buying gold, supplies and guns. They realize that the liberal base vote based on race, and snippets from the main stream media. If the SHTF who will be ready? Be careful what you celebrate.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:45 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't think it's so much that their viewership dropped after the election as much as it grew in the months before the election. Now that the election is over, 0bama and his crowd of fools is the last thing people want to think about. I don't watch Fox nearly as much now because I'm fed up to the gills with hearing 0bama's name.

I've moved my watching over to History, Animal Planet, and Discovery.
Yes, because being informed about politics is only important during election season.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Haha....you lefties are ignorant.....

It's your wet dream for something like this to happen.....but as always, Rush and Sean will be around for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies