Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Enlighten me with your wisdom then:

1, how will this bill soon to be introduced prevent another bad guy from killing children?
2, how will this bill help to build a safer society but reducing crime?
3, how will this bill give law abiding citizens more rights but less for the criminals?

I am listening.
1. I think that banning large magazines that allow a shooter to fire off 10 or more rounds without changing cartridges can certainly provide an opportunity for intervention and limit the number of casualties in a mass shooting event.

2. Internationally, statistics seem to support that less guns does lead to a safer society. (The gun ownership and gun homicides murder map of the world | News | guardian.co.uk)

3. The bill, as I understand it, does not grant or rescind rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Thank you for sharing this story.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
1. I think that banning large magazines that allow a shooter to fire off 10 or more rounds without changing cartridges can certainly provide an opportunity for intervention and limit the number of casualties in a mass shooting event.

2. Internationally, statistics seem to support that less guns does lead to a safer society. (The gun ownership and gun homicides murder map of the world | News | guardian.co.uk)

3. The bill, as I understand it, does not grant or rescind rights.
I am speechless!

Read this far better article please

Articles: Murder by Numbers

Old 01-02-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I am speechless!

Read this far better article please

Articles: Murder by Numbers
Why.. I didn't read any article. I went with a raw, numerical statistical analysis which suggests correlation. You want me to read an article from a Conservative blog with a political agenda....

Instead of reading an article full of someone else's opinion why don't you look at the raw numbers and think for yourself. You might find yourself less speechless.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Why.. I didn't read any article. I went with a raw, numerical statistical analysis which suggests correlation. You want me to read an article from a Conservative blog with a political agenda....

Instead of reading an article full of someone else's opinion why don't you look at the raw numbers and think for yourself. You might find yourself less speechless.
Ignorance is a bliss isn't it?

When you put gun homicide rate and gun ownership together, I would be shocked that you don't come out with a "conclusion" that higher ownership leads to higher homicide. This is because bad data lead to bad results. The article or raw data you quoted is bad beyond imagination.

If you truly want to learn, you need to look at murder rate v.s. gun ownership.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,348 times
I really think people will find another solution perhaps not as safe as the commercial guns available now.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Default From the article---remember the police pulled back so they had no protection from the government

On the TV, Karen and I watch as Reginald Denny gets his brains bashed in. We gaze in horror and disbelief as the barbarians dance over his broken body. With tears in our eyes, we see pious citizens, G-d bless them, step in and halt this atrocity, rescuing the tragic truck driver.

There’s a video of Fidel Lopez, a Guatemalan immigrant. He, like Denny, is pulled from his truck and robbed. But theft is almost beside the point. The rioters-slash-torturers smash open his head, then slice off an ear. The mob graffiti his chest, torso and genitals.
Take my word for it, graffiti is not an art form.

Between fifty and fifty-six citizens are murdered in the riots; two thousand are seriously injured.
At last, the LAPD is deployed. Its officers make approximately 10,000 arrests.
Estimates of between 800 million and a billion dollars in property damage have been reported. Approximately 3,600 fires were deliberately set, destroying 1,100 buildings.

Korean shopkeepers were specifically targeted by black rioters. But the Koreans owned guns and heroically defended their property and lives through force of arms, frequently using AR-15s against heavily-armed looters. So anyone who tells you that private citizens don’t need assault weapons are just plain ignorant. Besides, it is the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.
It was a lesson that should have reverberated nationally, but some commentators labeled the Koreans vigilantes. Just another case of the mainstream media getting it wrong.

Liberal totalitarians demand increased gun control, if not the outright banning of gun sales to citizens.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,530 times
What the hell does Jew have to do with it? Would you put Irish without a gun or English, German? Why do Jews have to insert Jew into every part of the conversation, they are like Rudy Giuliani and 9/11. give it a rest.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:

If you truly want to learn, you need to look at murder rate v.s. gun ownership.
Funny, those are EXACTLY the stats presented in my earlier link. Keep up.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,530 times
Just read it, thats 15 min of my life I want back. I think Nazi Surfing Nuns was a better read.

Jews in space was better also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies