Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Why do women need their own set of protections?

Charge people under the current laws, regardless of the gender of the victim.
Go spend a day in a court room and see how the "current" laws are enforced. Judges just can't be bothered. In most cases abusers get a warning. They get a pass. An order of protection can be taken out against them but they will still be entitled to see their children - and the abuse continues where the children are concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 05:59 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Go spend a day in a court room and see how the "current" laws are enforced. Judges just can't be bothered. In most cases abusers get a warning. They get a pass. An order of protection can be taken out against them but they will still be entitled to see their children - and the abuse continues where the children are concerned.
Also as you can see with OJ it is very hard to enforce protective orders.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,483 times
What a dirty stinking poltically motivated piece of legislation to begin with. The skunk from WA SEN Cantwell and the emasculated geek from KS Brownback who both supported this legislation are the worst sort of political hoars that pass bills to be reelected and have nothing to do with serving American citizens. She is creepy and this legislation has more garbage in it than most

It needed to die, start over

And dont get me started on Layli Miller Muro and the Tirah justice center

Old 01-03-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
You can repeat that question what does anyone do to provoke being hit? People provoke a nasty response all the time. Men are slapped all the time and women are hit from time to time. It's a fact of nature, and if it's isolated it does not qualify as abuse.

As to your comment about rape, I wasn't talking about rape, I was sticking to domestic abuse. But I don't see how a wife can be raped by her husband. In a marriage, both of your bodies belong to each other just like your finances and any property acquired after the marriage. It makes about as much sense to talk about rape in a marriage as your wife stealing money from you. Though I know you Americans are funny people and treat marriage as an extension of dating/courtship. Though I'd be amazed if a wife filed rape against her husband even here. Would she be laughed out of court? How would that be proved? But anything is possible
You must come from a country where women "know their place". You obviously don't know Americans and know less about DV and even less about women!!!! Your ignorance has not limits.

Americans would be more than happy to see yout kind and return to your third world country where your mentality is the norm.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If a woman does not consent to having sex with her husband and he uses violence to overcome her and rape her --- that's rape. It doesn't matter if they are married. You don't give up your rights to your body with marriage. Marriage isn't a license to abuse, traumatize, and injure your partner.
I tend to think that in his country marriage is a license to all sorts of abuse.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Just how deep does youir ignorance go or is that Texan mentality??? Keep your women in their place and hug your guns?
Maybe you should read through the posts. He's not an "original" Texan. Perhaps even use google a little bit.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:14 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
The devil is always in the details. Whenever I see a bill with a name that makes it appear like it is something noone should oppose, such as the Patriot Act, Affordable Care Act, Free Beer Act, etc, I am always a bit skeptical.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
That's not true in Florida. We have very serious DV laws. You go for a restraining order, and that automatically triggers a court date for you, and if a restraining order is issued, that is the first step toward charging you with a felony. If you don't show up for court, they go after you.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 PM

468 posts, read 553,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I'm a Nakh, and I'm supposed to be a Muslim by my father's side. However I'm not practicing. I'm more philosophical than religious. My guess is he read some previous posts where I said I went back to Chechnya and joined the jihad there back in 1999. I did that as an ethnic Nakh, and not as a Muslim though.
'He' is a 'she' and I've not read those posts to which you refer. Your words alone are reflective of a common attitute/disposition that is the norm amongst muslims, though they adamantly deny it. I guess you feel solidarity with not only your like-minded abrahamic brothers of Christianity and Judiasm, but with your Muslim clan as they rape their way through Europe?

The Rape Jihad | This website is dedicated to the memory of Charlene Downes.
Muslim rape wave «

Or is that just a 'bit' too extreme for your taste? Perhaps only when adequate punishment for a disobedient wife is required?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
Or is that just a 'bit' too extreme for your taste? Perhaps only when adequate punishment for a disobedient wife is required?
Why am I supposed to be bothered by people I don't know, raping girls in Europe?

Go ahead and find Nakh (search Chechen to make your life easier) people raping in Europe. That would hit closer to home.

In Chechnya, the vast majority of the rapes were committed by the christian Russians against Muslim Chechens to attempt to exterminate us.

Men rape women for reasons other than religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies