Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 12:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
I think you mean secede, totally different word.
Yes I did mean secede, I must of misplaced the D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Make up your mind, you either support gun control laws that would lead to the elimination of the right to bear arms or you don't. If you don't want my guns then stop supporting people who do.
I support gun laws, I do not support the elimination of rights, you guys gotta stop living in the extreme. There is this place called the middle and it is wonderful and sane.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
These are a few recent reports that challenge your stats:

WDIO.com - Wis. DNR: Hunting Accident Update

Muskego Man Killed in Hunting Accident Over the Weekend - Muskego, WI Patch

Wisconsin law requires all clothing above the waist to be blaze orange to mitigate mistaking other hunters for animals. What " army" wears orange?

Hunting Accident Heightens Safety Concerns | Northland's NewsCenter: News, Weather, Sports | NBC, CBS, MyNetworkTV, and The CW for Duluth MN / Superior WI | North West Wisconsin
That is peanuts for over 600,000 hunters! - Friendly fire, or fratricide, incidents killed or injured about 17 percent of the American casualties during Operation Desert Storm in 1991.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Gun control laws are blatantly unconstitutional.

Shall not be infringed and shall not be abridged are very clear and concise.
Whether they are unconstitional or not is another topic, but the fact remains that they have been around for decades and it hasn't led to the elimination of the 2nd amendment, which calls for regulated militia.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:40 PM

1,137 posts, read 972,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Whether they are unconstitional or not is another topic, but the fact remains that they have been around for decades and it hasn't led to the elimination of the 2nd amendment, which calls for regulated militia.
aaaaahhh, youre one of those lol.

The people are the militia.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
aaaaahhh, youre one of those lol.

The 2nd calls for regulation, I guess the 2nd is unconstitional.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:44 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Ah, you're one of those.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
This specimen precisely proves my point: resentment at urban America, self-consciousness about formal education, gun-ownership as the badge of cultural identity - everything is here.
Glad you think so. However, bear in mind that this was aur blatantly sarcastic reply to an urban elitist tossing out ideas about urbanites as a higher life form. Though, reading in the humor takes a broader view of the issue.
Lmao. Seriously? Your calling me an "angry bubba", as it were? Cool. I'm touched. I'm honored to be such a prime specimen in your study professor. Imagine that....lil' ol' me being accorded such attention from someone of such vast intelligence and notoriety. .
Ohhhhh myyyy!! Bwahahaha! Are you sure I covered all the bases for ya muchacho? Gimme a chance to be serious, might be I could win you the Nobel Prize. Lmaoooo!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Ah, you're one of those.

Yes, I'm one of those who still believes in the writings of the people who founded this nation.

Incidentally, even the U.S. Code backs up my argument

Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The 2nd calls for regulation, I guess the 2nd is unconstitional.
You have a very odd relationship with not only reality, but grammar as well.

Nowhere in the 2nd does it call for regulation of firearms. In fact, it prohibits regulation.

Should I post definitions of words for you since you seem incapable of understanding them on your own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies