Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM

1,137 posts, read 971,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
It's pretty pathetic, actually, threatening to take physical action over guns. This does not help their case, in fact it does the opposite.

It isn't guns, its the fact the feds want to completely violate a Constitutionally protected right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 04:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I have been reading on here, recently, more and more threats, intimations and references to the civil war that is going to happen if stricter gun control is enforced in this country.

From my perspective this is complete insanity and people who hold this belief should have their head examined. But seriously, if you are delusional enough to believe a civil war will be fought if 30 round clips or assault weapons are iillegalized: Are you mentally stable enough to responsibly own a gun in the first place?

I think reasonable people agree, mentally unstable people shouldn't be allowed legal possession guns. Believing in a coming civil war is indicative of mental instability, plain and simple.
You sure can ban 30 round clips... I have a lot of guns and i own a lot of 30 round magazines for them, but I never had a 30 round clip yet.. So No problem from me...

There won't be any war either. You can't enforce a ban even if you can get it passed which you can't.

There is no one to enforce such a foolish ban.

You gun grabbers just don't get any more STUPID ..

What we need to ban is stupid gun grabbers.... Your all INSANE!

Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
You can only trample on people's rights so much before they push back. Revolutions have begun over lesser matters than this. Perhaps the gun grabbers should step back a bit and accept they have zero rights to do what they want to do.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,251,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
You don't think blatantly trampling on the Constitution without bothering to Amend it is a serious matter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
It isn't guns, its the fact the feds want to completely violate a Constitutionally protected right.
There has been absolutely no indication of what the law would contain so based off of just that what you, and everyone else, are posting is lies. Also, the Bill of Rights only indicates "arms". so that could be one gun of a certain type and that would allow the law to be followed at with the strictest of limitations yet still be constitutional. People act as if they are not allowed every single type of weapon and as many as they want, and to get it with ease, that it is unconstitutional.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
There has been absolutely no indication of what the law would contain so based off of just that what you, and everyone else, are posting is lies. Also, the Bill of Rights only indicates "arms". so that could be one gun of a certain type and that would allow the law to be followed at with the strictest of limitations yet still be constitutional. People act as if they are not allowed every single type of weapon and as many as they want, and to get it with ease, that it is unconstitutional.
The 2nd only applies to fire arms..... Nothing else. One gun is one gun too many..

You won't get 1 gun..

Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Actually, Feinstein has posted details on her proposed ban. It will not be accepted.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:05 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You sure can ban 30 round clips... I have a lot of guns and i own a lot of 30 round magazines for them, but I never had a 30 round clip yet.. So No problem from me...

There won't be any war either. You can't enforce a ban even if you can get it passed which you can't.

There is no one to enforce such a foolish ban.

You gun grabbers just don't get any more STUPID ..

What we need to ban is stupid gun grabbers.... Your all INSANE!
That's "You're". A contraction of "You are".

No thanks necessary.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:07 PM

1,137 posts, read 971,923 times
Quote:
Evidently you do not know the meaning of the word infringe. Notice it doesn't say arm, it says arms.

Let me ask you a simple question:

Where does the government get the power to own "arms"?

Old 01-03-2013, 05:08 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,251,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The 2nd only applies to fire arms..... Nothing else. One gun is one gun too many..

You won't get 1 gun..
I know it does, I was saying that people expect every sort of weapon to be available to them without any restrictions and they should be able to get them immediately.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I know it does, I was saying that people expect every sort of weapon to be available to them without any restrictions and they should be able to get them immediately.
The SCOTUS has ruled all arms in common use are protected. The proposed bans would ban some of the most popular arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies