Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually I went to the DMV today and it was quite pleasant. Which the rest of your post adds to my point, no one is coming to confiscate anyone's guns...only the fearful gun nuts think that people are coming for their guns...and people like that probably shouldn't own a gun in the first place.
Then why insist on registering 100% of them? Why propose legislation that does nothing whatsoever to protect the people and only makes it easier to locate weapons later?

Let's be honest, there are many on the left who would like nothing more than to round up all guns and simply can't figure out how to pull it off without dying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Don't forget Operation Northwoods....

Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yea, our government is stable....

Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Ruby Ridge, Waco, Kent State , just to name a few.

Oh....and Powelton Village in Philly.
And how did each of them end for Americans?

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
No, you are a domestic terrorist when you attack your own country when no one is coming to take away your guns.
Who the hell said anyone was and where did you even come up with that? The Sandy Hook gunman was a domestic terrorist, not a bunch of law-abiding gun owners. But, instead, idiots like Feinstein seem to think some half-assed gun laws would have stopped a murderous nutjob like Lanza.

Quote:
Basically if any idiot thinks their own country won't attack them needs to go watch old footage of Waco, Tx and what their government was willing to do to their own citizens.
thanks for pointing that out. With a government who would burn alive men, women and children like they did at Waco, you really think eliminating the most powerful check-and-balance, like an armed public, is a good idea?

Our federal government proved they are capable and willing to attack their own people, and we should be disarmed? Are you kidding me?

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Sounds like the perfect Democratic voter to me, I have no intention of living my life out like a liberal.
I was talking about the Signers of the Declaration of Independence. They were rebels, they acted as rebels, they died as rebels. Some of them were considerably diminished before they died.

Anyone who wishes to take on the government has my admiration. All I ask for is an hour's advance notice so I can get my bets placed. There's no reason for all of us to end up miserable.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 PM

266 posts, read 402,503 times
Ill give up me 2nd amendment when you give up the first.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
No, you are a domestic terrorist when you attack your own country when no one is coming to take away your guns.

Basically if any idiot thinks their own country won't attack them needs to go watch old footage of Waco, Tx and what their government was willing to do to their own citizens.
You do realize that the entire event in Waco started and happened because the ATF attempted to confiscate weapons that they thought were being kept illegally?

You basically give a perfect recent example of the gov. coming after someone's guns then you claim that the gov. would never come after anyone's guns.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 PM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Who the hell said anyone was and where did you even come up with that? The Sandy Hook gunman was a domestic terrorist, not a bunch of law-abiding gun owners. But, instead, idiots like Feinstein seem to think some half-assed gun laws would have stopped a murderous nutjob like Lanza.

thanks for pointing that out. With a government who would burn alive men, women and children like they did at Waco, you really think eliminating the most powerful check-and-balance, like an armed public, is a good idea?

Our federal government proved in that even that they are capable of attacking their own people, and we should be disarmed? Are you kidding me?
OK. I'll bite. If they had had an arsenal at Waco (and they did, from reports), what good did it do them?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Then why insist on registering 100% of them? Why propose legislation that does nothing whatsoever to protect the people and only makes it easier to locate weapons later?

Let's be honest, there are many on the left who would like nothing more than to round up all guns and simply can't figure out how to pull it off without dying.
Personally I think one should have a license to own a gun to prevent idiots from owning guns. But that is just my personal opinion, not something that will actually happen.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
Ill give up me 2nd amendment when you give up the first.
Bingo. When the police turn in their 30 round pmags I'll drop mine off the same afternoon.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies