Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Hardly, actually I am doing the complete opposite, I am simply pointing out what would happen to any small group of people that think they could start a civil war against the US. I never said what happened in Waco was right or wrong, just pointing out that our government is not afraid to attack its own people and will do so if needed, especially when it comes to domestic terrorists.
If weapons confiscation were to occur, it wouldn't be a "small group" of people.

Either way, this entire conversation is stupid and I now feel dumber for having been a part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
So you're counting on all of these retired cops, vets and hunters (like myself) to rise up against the government so you can own a 30 round clip?

Ladies and gentleman, we have the exact type of delusional thinking that, I believe, should disqualify you from gun ownership.
Banning a 30 round clip will not stop gun violence. In the hood, most murders are done with a .38 special. They should be encouraged to use 30 round clips!

One ban leads to another. If you say ban "military type weapons", have you any idea how some leftie lawyer will use that to ban pistols, shotguns and other weapons commonly used by the military.

Now do you understand?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
The scenario posited by the OP was that large-capacity magazines have been prohibited by law. According to many of the armchair revolutionaries posting in this thread, they would then "make a stand". Most would not, when it came to the point - they would simply obey the law. Some might, but they would soon be arrested and tried.
I thought the conversation was morphing itself into a general weapons confiscation scenario, which would explain the "armchair revolutionary" talk. But, whatever.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
So you're counting on all of these retired cops, vets and hunters (like myself) to rise up against the government so you can own a 30 round clip?

Ladies and gentleman, we have the exact type of delusional thinking that, I believe, should disqualify you from gun ownership.
Your lack of knowledge of firearms should disqualify you from gun ownership but you don't see us trying to stop you from hunting... assuming that you aren't lying through your teeth as I suspect you are.

4,684 posts, read 4,572,979 times
Quote:

Emphatically agreed. Most gun-owners are law-abiding people who just want to be able to hunt or target-shoot or keep the rodent population in check. Most have no interest in owning a 30-round clip, much less dying for the right to do so. A small number of true fanatics might try to resist, but we are in no real danger from a small number of true fanatics.

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:

Bingo!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:49 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Would you consider a private citizen defending his property, by force, from a government confiscating his firearms and stripping his 2nd amendment rights a "domestic terrorist"?
I do.

So if the government sends a construction crew to your house with bulldosers by using Eminate domaine are you justified to shot them? Most civilized people would use the courts to argue their case. If you take the redneck route and fire a few shots you wont be alive too long...

Old 01-02-2013, 09:49 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Banning a 30 round clip will not stop gun violence. In the hood, most murders are done with a .38 special. They should be encouraged to use 30 round clips!

One ban leads to another. If you say ban "military type weapons", have you any idea how some leftie lawyer will use that to ban pistols, shotguns and other weapons commonly used by the military.

Now do you understand?
Didn't say it would.

It may, however, limit the number of deaths in a mass casualty event as it provides some opportunity for intervention.

Furthermore, I can't think of a single legal scenario that would require a 30 round clip. Can you?]

Perhaps if you provide some plausible examples, then, I will understand.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Oh, you mean the same classes required for concealed carry permits?
Yep, that should be for all gun owners.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
I couldn't possibly come up with a situation where a person in this country might need a high capacity (or 2 taped together) to defend themselves when the police/gov. couldn't or wouldn't.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies