Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What mass hammering in which many people were killed prompted this concern of yours?
You hate stats....huh....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

OK, the thread title has been fixed....again, the thread title, again was wrong, but the link provided was correct.

It has everything to do with "what a gun looks like." That is what the media portrays, the eveil "Black rifle", however, these stats that were provided clearly show something different.

You can go on about the thread title all you want, as nobody else has screwed up a thread title....but the link is correct.

There is no ridicual, the riducal is you and your anti gun friends are worried about the thread title, and not what is actually in the link provided...which was all correct.
S.O.P., can't argue with facts, attack the messenger.

The facts are, people will kill if they want to. They will find a means.
The first 'assault weapon' was probably a rock (Cain slew Abel). There
were mass genocides long before guns were invented.

Criminals will not obey laws. Murder is against the law. Other things
are against the law and are still being used.
More Murders with Hammers than Rifles-gun-controllib-imagescany26mi.jpg

Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
The lie is obvious. The original title of this post, now changed, is that there are more murders committed with hammers than with guns.

This misrepresents the data in two respects. First, it attributes all the murders which in the FBI report are attributable to "clubs, hammers, etc." to hammers; I don't know, but since "clubs" are listed first they are a larger contributor to this 496 homicides than hammers.

Second, and more importantly, it is a claim that the total number of homicides by firearm was 323, whereas that was the number by rifle only. If you compare the number of homicides by "clubs, hammers, etc." to the number of homicides by all firearms, which is what the use of the word "guns" in the title stated, 14,286, you will see that the number of homicides committed with hammers and clubs is dwarfed by the number committed with guns.

It's interesting that even though the title of the thread has been changed the original poster has not been back to explain, apologize for, or defend the lie in the title as he posted it, don't you?
So the title has been fixed and it could have been an error with no intent to mislead. Maybe you don't know, but you cannot change a title after posting it. As a result, it is quite common to see erroneous titles. I seriously doubt that the erroneous title of this thread mislead anybody.

But several (maybe you) also accused Fox of a misleading report while they used the FBI stats and said nothing misleading.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Hey, Chuck, is there a point you're trying to make here?

A number of us pointed out that the OP was lying in the title of the thread. The OP has failed to take any action to correct what can only be seen as an intentional misrepresentation or to respond to those of us who pointed it out.
Why do you assume it was intentional? I see errors in thread titles all the time. The poster cannot change the title.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What mass hammering in which many people were killed prompted this concern of yours?
Why are you only concerned about mass killings? There are very very few mass killings. The vast majority are individual.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Why do you assume it was intentional? I see errors in thread titles all the time. The poster cannot change the title.
I am aware that users can't change the titles of their threads. I frequently see OP's who ask the mods to change the title when they realize they made a mistake.

Why do I think it was intentional? Because the original poster hasn't been back to explain the error or to ask the mods to change the title. That is coupled with the rabid manner in which you and others jumped in to defend the original poster.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
I am aware that users can't change the titles of their threads. I frequently see OP's who ask the mods to change the title when they realize they made a mistake.

Why do I think it was intentional? Because the original poster hasn't been back to explain the error or to ask the mods to change the title. That is coupled with the rabid manner in which you and others jumped in to defend the original poster.
Why are you saying it was intentional? When the OP has not been back to explain theirselves?

Yea, because peopple like you and the other's are worried about a mispelling, when the actual link was correct and provided true data....who cares about what the thread title was/is.....

Fact's were provided and most everyone is pissed because it does not fit their agenda...

Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
I just decided that we do need gun regulations. I have given this a lot of thought and I'm sure it will suit everyones concerns.

Here it is:

If you are a Liberal or Progressive Moonbat Demoncrat you are not allowed to own or possess a firearm of any type. Period.

See how simple that was

Crossfire for President!! 2016

Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:

Whoops it was a mistake.. Content over titles

Some of us work for a living and don't live on CD.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM

Oh I hear the IL gun ban bill went into the crapper. Not enough votes I hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies