Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 PM

756 posts, read 714,266 times

Advertisements

Real men drive these...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 12:43 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
Real men drive these...
I don't have a car. However, if I did have a car, I would prefer these cars

VW Golf
Subaru Forester
Nissan X-Terra(first generation)
Toyota Prius
Toyota Matrix

I'm not into muscle cars, pickup trucks, or race cars.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:46 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
Real men drive these...
it's not coming thru over here.

Quote:

No cached version is available

Old 01-04-2013, 12:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know if boats are rotten investments. However, my father is a former boat owner. He had to sell his boat after losing a job.
What that clown doesn't know is that I grew up In a boat owning family, and my father still has two boats...a catamaran and a deck boat. My dad has been sailing for over 40 years.

And yes...they are bad investments. If you're middle class, and you're dropping 30k+ on a toy, that's how you'd BETTER look at it. Because if the day comes that you can no longer afford it, they're really hard to unload and when you do sell it, its likely that you're gonna get killed.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:57 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's not coming thru over here.
It's a pic of a 2013 Prsche 911 Carrera-4

New Porsche 911 991 4 2013 Driven Carrera 4 Test Drive Commercial Carjam TV HD Car TV Show - YouTube

I'm partial to a Jag myself

Jaguar F-type - official launch film, Song: Lana Del Rey - Burning Desire, Location: Spain - YouTube

Old 01-04-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What that clown doesn't know is that I grew up In a boat owning family, and my father still has two boats...a catamaran and a deck boat. My dad has been sailing for over 40 years.

And yes...they are bad investments. If you're middle class, and you're dropping 30k+ on a toy, that's how you'd BETTER look at it. Because if the day comes that you can no longer afford it, they're really hard to unload and when you do sell it, its likely that you're gonna get killed.
Wow, I didn't know that.

My father owned a regular fishing boat for taking to the lake. I don't know how much it cost him. All I remember is that he had to sell it later. It was a good boat, but it was a matter of him losing his job and having to pay bills. He got the boat when times were good.

Did you catch my other discussion about pickup trucks and the "tough" culture? I had some other things I wanted to talk about on it.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:00 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
LOL....that would make your friend exactly like 90% of pickup owners....they haul nothing, don't fish, don't hunt, and never take the damn thing off the pavement.

But let this thread go on a few more pages, it'll get to the point where they need 'em to haul continents around. If anyone really believes half this crap about moose hunting and hauling their oil tanker sized fishing boats around, you'd have to suspend all reality.
Millions of people engage in hunting and boating and camping....

Old 01-04-2013, 01:02 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
LMAO....now you're slobbering all over your clothes based on semantics? Calm down....you're not capable of tripping me up.

Boats are rotten investments...period. They ARE black holes for money. The rich don't care, and that's fine. But most boat owners are far from being rich, just like you.
It's much better to know a guy with a boat than to own a boat.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wow, I didn't know that.

My father owned a regular fishing boat for taking to the lake. I don't know how much it cost him. All I remember is that he had to sell it later. It was a good boat, but it was a matter of him losing his job and having to pay bills. He got the boat when times were good.

Did you catch my other discussion about pickup trucks and the "tough" culture? I had some other things I wanted to talk about on it.
Yes...I read that, and I fully agree. It's marketing that makes most pickup owners believe that they need one. That's fine...I've fallen prey to many a good marketing campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Millions of people engage in hunting and boating and camping....
True ...but owning a pickup isn't a prerequisite for doing any of those things. Millions were doing those activities long before the advent of the pickup.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Yes...I read that, and I fully agree. It's marketing that makes most pickup owners believe that they need one. That's fine...I've fallen prey to many a good marketing campaign.
I also notice it's marketed to a specific kind of "tough". A "southern boy", "roughneck" type.

Quote:
True ...but owning a pickup isn't a prerequisite for doing any of those things. Millions were doing those activities long before the advent of the pickup.
Quite true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies