Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:29 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Why should the punishment for crime with a gun be worse than a knife?? A crime is a crime.

You gun grabbers are all the same!!
I never mentioned taking LEGALLY owned guns.

Just punishing violent criminals.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2013 at 05:06 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Wrong, I live in Chicago and I know many people who legally own guns, both hand guns and rifles. Your own link says they are legal!! WTF dude!!

Now you can't go around waving them in a bar like the old West, but that doesn't mean they are illegal.

Hee haw!!!
I know. That's why I posted the link. It shows how restrictive gun ownership is.

Besides....your friends don't have guns...they're just happy to see you!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Quote:
Here in Seattle I have rarely experienced what I did in Chicago.
But the thing is, if you drive a few miles north on I-5, you'd end up in Vancouver, BC, which has even fewer murders than Seattle, and basically no legal concealed-carry at all. So it would seem as though there may be more differences between Chicago and Seattle than just the gun laws, in terms of crime rates.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I know. That's why I posted the link. It shows how restrictive gun ownership is.

Besides....your friends don't have guns...they're just happy to see you!
You just admitted that there is gun ownership, therefore negating your assertion that they are illegal.

Why do you resort to homoerotic jokes?? Has nothing to do with the topic.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
Quote:
Right...... Some murdering thugs kill an innocent man and Obama is the first thing that pops in your head.

Stay stupid tea party.
0bama is a murdering thug who ships weapons to other murdering thugs in places like Mexico, Libya, Syria and likely even the gang bangers in Chicago...

So yea it's not hard to come to that conclusion...

No real benefit to the agenda to dance in the blood in Chicago where gun control has failed miserably though...

Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
But the thing is, if you drive a few miles north on I-5, you'd end up in Vancouver, BC, which has even fewer murders than Seattle, and basically no legal concealed-carry at all. So it would seem as though there may be more differences between Chicago and Seattle than just the gun laws, in terms of crime rates.
Drive a few miles east of Chicago and you are in Gary Indiana, which allows conceal and carry, and the murder rate is triple.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
A lot of it has to do with the condition of the neighborhoods. In Seattle and Vancouver, you can't find neighborhoods in the condition that some of the neighborhoods in Southside Chicago and in some parts of West Chicago.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
There is a huge straw purchase black market for guns from northern ms to Chicago
Criminals don't buy legal guns

Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Chicago guns come from states with weak laws.

There are two options here:
-Make it easier for people in Illinois to get guns so the people who run around with guns from Mississippi have a harder time slaughtering people.
-Make it harder for people to get guns in Mississippi.

I feel a little better about the second option.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Has to be a made up story by Fox News.....hand guns are illegal in Chicago.
Quite a demonstration of how effective strict gun control laws are, isn't it? Not that "gun control" laws were ever intended to reduce crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies