Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:07 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I thought the GOP was the party of the tough guys.

It's his re-election and he'll cry if he wants to

Boehner Cries us a River - The Daily Beast

John Boehner re-elected as Speaker of the House | Chokes up during speech - YouTube
Who says they're "tough guys"? I thought you libs were always shrieking about how cold and unfeeling the right is. Can't have it both ways.

Last edited by ringwise; 01-04-2013 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
He needs to lay off the sauce.
Lesley Gore - It's My Party (1965) - YouTube

Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What does not crying have to do with "being tough"?

What does that even mean, anyway?

Are you lefties so upset that Queen Nancy isn't Speaker anymore, that you have to attack a man who doesn't try to deny that he is a human being?

Name one person who you know has never cried as an adult.

If you name yourself - I call your bluff - or rightly say that you have no conscience.

Any person with a semblance of a heart cries at some point - the world is just too tragic at times for any one who calls themselves human to not do so.
Problem is that Boehner cries quite often. Either he's extremely sensitive and emotional, or he's a fake.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:44 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,302 times
Yes yes many people cry these days including adults but how often do you cry really? This guy cries pretty damn often!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:

John Boehner re-elected as Speaker of the House | Chokes up during speech - YouTube

That poor guy needs antidepressants and he doesn't know it. He is self medicating with booze.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Yes yes many people cry these days including adults but how often do you cry really? This guy cries pretty damn often!
That's my point. Crying about criticism of Boehner doesn't help his cause.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:

why does that bother you so much? So he cries easy, and yes, we all know he does, we probably enjoy some of the jokes about his tears, but it has nothing to do with you or me either for that matter.

I have so much trouble understanding the pettynes of posting like this other than to show the hatred the left seems to have.

Last edited by nmnita; 01-04-2013 at 10:47 AM..

Old 01-04-2013, 01:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Okay I'll play along:

CRY me a river, over what happened in SF in the late 70s? Did someone lose their doggie collar?

Ooops, Busted! Hillary honey, do fake tears count?

Men and women with hearts, compassion, humility, anguish, do cry; while arrogant cronies without souls have to fake tears, or make up tearful moments to appear human. And then there're those who pick and chose which tears they commend, and which they despise. The petty ones.

Yes, this is just another lame thread.
Game over.
A lot of liberals are good method actors.

Witness Hollywood - and Broadway.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I'll catch some flack for saying this, but I almost feel sorry for old Boehner. Thirty years ago, he would have been able to just be a Bob Dole/Bob Michel, main street Republican. Now that the GOP has gone full-crazy, he's left trying to hold it all together. Someone has to be Speaker.
I agree. He is dealing with a TP fringe wing which belongs institutionalized. The deal he was working on with the WH was far better for fiscal hawks than the bill passed, but alas, the fringe could not do the math, and failed to realize they lacked the votes to avoid tax hikes by default. So they went for the jugular Plan B at a powerLESS time, and paid the price.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
its amazing what obama leg-humpers fixate on...

how about you window-lickers get jobs and help us pay taxes ?

you elected the fool now step up.
Liberals don't want to pay their "fair share".

They would rather attack producers, and drivers of the economy, such as entrepeneurs, small businesses, investors, and corporations.

The loony left's favorite motto is "Let's shoot ourselves in the foot (but not with an "assault weapon").
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies