Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
"What do you call a black man with a Ph.D?
Doctor.

Professor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I did. And I did acknowledge SOME liberals will spew hate. What you failed to acknowledger is that SOME conservatives also do that. You started a thread saying liberals do that. The implication is obvious that you feel this is province of liberals. Otherwise why start the thread?

You on the other hand failed to SCAN the forum for CONS doing the same as you challenged me to.
You can't even get the main idea of a thread correct.

I never said anything about liberals "spewing hate". The entire purpose was that thread was that some liberals accuse others, whom disagree with them, of hate.

When you have clear reading comprehension issues, it is hard to take you seriously.

Once again, you are off topic. Please discuss that thread in its proper forum.

Here, we are discussing a student with a perfect SAT score.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:34 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
When it comes to news and stories about Black Americans the media tends to focus on the negative.
Which is kinda why threads like this make no sense. The people who really believe that ALL young black males are prison bound are not likely to be affected by this thread.

In my local area there has been uproar for months over the low test scores in reading and math among black students, but there's a high school where 8 black students graduated in the top 10% with 4.0 GPAS UNWEIGHTED and not a peep from the local media.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Mandatory sentencing for drug convictions is another reason why so many people occupy our prison system..

Judges should be given discretion to pass down appropriate sentences, not have that power usurped by Congress.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:18 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I did. And I did acknowledge SOME liberals will spew hate. What you failed to acknowledger is that SOME conservatives also do that. You started a thread saying liberals do that. The implication is obvious that you feel this is province of liberals. Otherwise why start the thread?

You on the other hand failed to SCAN the forum for CONS doing the same as you challenged me to.
You're absolutely correct. The member you're replying to doesn't exactly "LOVE LIBERALS", in fact, nearly every post, the person speaks of liberals in detriment, so, I would be safe to say the person really down deep, hates liberals. You can't like someone with different views when all the spew is liberal this and liberal that. It's a pattern of dislike, disdain or hate. Rather than to disagree, it's liberals hate.
Pretty broad brush. I wonder if anyone's ever heard heard of a conservative liberal?

Old 01-06-2013, 07:23 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
That's precisely the problem. It's not rare. Certainly no crisis, but it is common enough to warrant continued enforcement of laws that have been put in place to mitigate the frequency of its occurrence.
No, it IS rare.

How do I know?

Because ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NPR, MSNBC, the New York Times, Time Magazine, etc. etc. would be ALL OVER ANY signs of white on black racism 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.

Trayvon Martin dominated the news for so long precisely because the left wing media complex had trouble digging up any more signs of evil whites doing horrible things to the poor, downtrodden blacks.

The reality is the fact that in 2013 the U.S. is no longer the nightmare of racism that it may have been in the 1913.

Racism will ALWAYS exist but in today's world it is a MINOR problem. Only victimhood addicts could disagree with this.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:28 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
This is definitely correct. The funny part is, some black Americans do not realize that the easiest way to get back at the system, is to "get yours," by simply becoming an educated, productive member of society. When non black people see you living well -they take note, because it doesn't conform to what they've read in the newspaper or watched on the news.

A number of non black Americans are simply more comfortable w/ encountering blacks who closely align with the negative stereotypical behavior.

I get the double looks quite often when I wear my ivy league alum tee-shirt, while shopping at whole foods. Who knew!
Do get double looks because people are racist and hate that a minority went to an Ivy League school or is it because it is relatively rare to see a minority wearing such garb and the looks are, in fact, innocent?

If you saw a woman in a football uniform and did a double-take is it because you hate the idea of a woman playing football or is it simply the fact that it is rare and unexpected to see such a thing?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM

734 posts, read 933,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Do get double looks because people are racist and hate that a minority went to an Ivy League school or is it because it is relatively rare to see a minority wearing such garb and the looks are, in fact, innocent?

If you saw a woman in a football uniform and did a double-take is it because you hate the idea of a woman playing football or is it simply the fact that it is rare and unexpected to see such a thing?
Based on my interactions, I can honestly state that some non blacks are quite surprised when they encounter a highly educated black person. I do not really fault them, because in truth, the majority of non blacks do not really have black associates and friends; therefore, much of their information is derived from movies and television programs.

What many fail to realize is, blacks are just like any other group. We have those who are wealthy, middle class and low income. Unfortunately, since low income blacks tend to reside heavily in the urban cities, much of the media attention always surrounds this particular group.

Imagine if most low income blacks resided in the the Appalachian mountains, instead of in highly visible urban cities throughout the country.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 PM

734 posts, read 933,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
No, it IS rare.

How do I know?

Because ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NPR, MSNBC, the New York Times, Time Magazine, etc. etc. would be ALL OVER ANY signs of white on black racism 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.

Trayvon Martin dominated the news for so long precisely because the left wing media complex had trouble digging up any more signs of evil whites doing horrible things to the poor, downtrodden blacks.

The reality is the fact that in 2013 the U.S. is no longer the nightmare of racism that it may have been in the 1913.

Racism will ALWAYS exist but in today's world it is a MINOR problem. Only victimhood addicts could disagree with this.
Nicole Brown Simpson's murder became a media circus, but little attention is ever given to the relatively high numbers of black women who are killed each year due to domestic violence.

Many people felt a great deal of sympathy for Jovan Belcher and attributed his actions, to being mentally deranged, due to being hit in the head from playing football. Imagine if he killed a white woman. I'm sure the story would have made the front page of every major paper for weeks...

NFL linebacker kills his baby's mother, then himself as coaches look on - CNN.com

Old 01-06-2013, 12:24 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
The ONLY people who believed All Young Black Males where prison bound are people who don't know black males. My neighborhood is full of bright Black children from good two parent homes. We're not all in the 'hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies