Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Hip hop gangster music is your answer. Rappers barely sell but yet their records are pushed heavily to young blacks every week it's a new hit real street dude who's telling his story.

Younger rid of gangster music you fix alot of problems.

They know its a food way to control the men, dumb them down and make them essentially criminals.

Does'nt white record executives determine what sells on the streets? Hell even NWA was being controlled by a white man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 08:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
In my opinion, African Americans need to send their kids to Africa in order to get a good, non biased, education.

I remember in Africa I was frequently the only white student in the class.

We were ranked from highest to lowest according to grades, it was known publicly known who was smarter than who, and I can say from experience that the smartest people in the class were as bright as they come.

These same bright students come to the West and usually perform better than average at the universities.

You see, in Africa, being black was no excuse to not do well in school. But, in America, apparently it is...if you're black you're expected to not be academic...in Africa, however, academics were basically your only way to prosperity.
There was a program in Baltimore that did just that, send inner city kids to Africa. Unfortunately whatever gains were undone when they came home.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Wrong.

Claims of racial preference are only made in cases where such action demonstrably took place.
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! People assume my husband got into law school because of his race but he had a 3.9 from the top university in his state and an LSAT score in the top 10%. He had a couple of his fellow law students actually say as much to him first year, that is until his class rank came out higher theirs. He has had a couple of people assume he has gotten his rank for the same reason. It is as annoying as crap. I've seen more times in educational settings than I care to talk about. My oldest refused to name his race on any applications and did not apply for a single minority scholarship and still a person or two made comments. My favorite was when someone got mad at him because he got a regular academic merit scholarship and they felt he should have been made to apply for the minority ones. One of the problems with affirmative action is that people now assume if you are black the only reason you have success is because you have been helped or you are the token minority. It's frustrating. While in school you have scores and grades to point to as proof that you earned your spot, in the work world it is more subjective and it is difficult to prove you deserve to be there in some people's eyes. Affirmative action is a double edged sword today and can, at times, create the very situation it was put in place to prevent.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
There was a program in Baltimore that did just that, send inner city kids to Africa. Unfortunately whatever gains were undone when they came home.
However, if I were to prescribe a catch all prescription for the ills that plague black men in America, it would be circumcision/initiation.

For example...I faced the cut. I know who I am. I went to bed, woke up, and became a man. Even if I didn't want it, I knew I was expected to act accordingly. There were no excuses from that point on. No hand outs, no getting down on your situation...I knew I had to work to get where I wanted to be. No one can take anything from me because at the end of the day, I know exactly where I stand when it comes right down to it.

For the record...a single tear, rolling down my cheek, with the declaration of getting more drugged up than I already was....with uncontrollable shakes at the end, which makes me an "initiator" myself.

Which makes me sub to those who did it in the way it was supposed to be done. Standing up, loud and proud, in the village, in front of anyone who wanted to see.

Till today, they're my superiors, because I know I didn't face it as well as some.

Here, I still see many who have no idea who they actually are. You work, or you die. And trust me, I rather you died...it makes work easier for me.

Probably even the president of the strongest nation on earth still hasn't faced the cut. Or if he did, it wasn't in the way it was meant to be...he's probably my sub because of it. If we were to go home, he'd bow before me, and millions of my peers. Tribal laws dictate it.

For the African male, it goes like this: Birth, Initiation, Marriage, Kids, Elderhood, Death. We walk that path....for blacks in America, I don't know the heck they're doing half the time...something between initiation and marriage...which just makes their kids fall into that same cycle. Whatever...the best never left...at least until I'm proven wrong...

Old 01-15-2013, 07:10 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The father of each white household, the white coach of the high school team made up mostly of white kids. The white pastor. The white cop who volunteers with the kids. The concerned white teacher. I think you are starting to get the point.

You could say the same thing about the East Indian-American community, the Korean-American community, the Jewish-American community, etc.
Actually, I'm not. There are white criminals and miscreants, just as there are black ones. Same with Indians, Jews, Koreans and South Moluccans, for that matter.

Quote:
In other words, a well behaved community depends on individuals working hard to raise and guide children to do the right thing. That is the difference.
You have no case. There are idiots and miscreants in every racial and ethnic group. There are also individuals who work hard and raise and guide children to do the right thing in every racial and ethnic group. I own youth sports teams and have mentored black, white, Indian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Latino and other kids. Again - you have no case.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It must be nice to be white and look at racism from a non-victim perspective
"non-victim"

lol.

Black Man Repeatedly Punches Blind White Woman on Bus in Seattle - YouTube

Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Actually, I'm not. There are white criminals and miscreants, just as there are black ones. Same with Indians, Jews, Koreans and South Moluccans, for that matter.

You have no case. There are idiots and miscreants in every racial and ethnic group. There are also individuals who work hard and raise and guide children to do the right thing in every racial and ethnic group. I own youth sports teams and have mentored black, white, Indian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Latino and other kids. Again - you have no case.
Yet, despite what you wrote, our federal prison system is filled with one ethnic group in percentages far greater than they appear in the general population.

That is the point; every group has its bad apples but only one group protects and (in song) celebrates those bad apples.

The positive reinforcement of bad culture creates more bad culture.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Here something to ponder, there are not too many blacks that can isolate themselves from whites in this country and have absolutely no contact with them, but whites are very good at doing just that (isolating themselves from minorities)
A. Why can't blacks isolate themselves from whites (I won't even ask why they'd want to)?

How many whites live in the more intense parts of Chicago, East St. Louis, East Oakland, Liberty City, etc.?

B. Why do you think a white family that lived in a certain part of Memphis (for example) in the 1960s and 1970s would have considered moving to a more rural area of TN in the 1980s?

What reason can you think of for this major life decision for this hypothetical white family?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Yet, despite what you wrote, our federal prison system is filled with one ethnic group in percentages far greater than they appear in the general population.
And of course that's because we have a fair justice system......

Quote:
That is the point; every group has its bad apples but only one group protects and (in song) celebrates those bad apples.

The positive reinforcement of bad culture creates more bad culture.
Yes. Hence the glorification of the old Western gunslingers and outlaws, Al Capone and the 20s gangsters, the Mafia etc..... But white people don't celebrate their bad apples......no, sirree............

Old 01-15-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
A. Why can't blacks isolate themselves from whites (I won't even ask why they'd want to)?

How many whites live in the more intense parts of Chicago, East St. Louis, East Oakland, Liberty City, etc.?

B. Why do you think a white family that lived in a certain part of Memphis (for example) in the 1960s and 1970s would have considered moving to a more rural area of TN in the 1980s?

What reason can you think of for this major life decision for this hypothetical white family?
Whites have gone out of their way to make sure that they don't live near blacks. Not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies