Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Well that doesn't take into account the difference between users and dealers. Plus white kids tend to have the ability to get away with using, because they have more resources and live in lower crime areas.
Agreed. Money talks.

Quote:
That being said, yeah, drug laws hit the poor first and foremost, and should pretty much all be repealed immediately, but mostly because of the simple fact that it's nobody's god damn business if I want to smoke weed.
Agreed your life, you own it.

Quote:
And I say this as someone who never uses drugs.
Unfortunately, prescription drugs, which are everywhere and have far more users, are abused more. As long as a doctor says it's okay it's game on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
How about the stats on drug dealers??
I don't know what this questions means as far as race. Is there a race that is overly represented as far as drug dealers go? Is that it?
Around college campuses the majority of dealers are white. The norm is those who use, purchase from dealers with the same skin color. The demographics of the region play into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
They go to prison too you know.
Not if you're with the CIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 PM

349 posts, read 260,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Very true and he was denounced as a "cornball brother" by a Black ESPN commentator for possessing the values you cited and for having a white fiancee.
Exactly. There was another guy, back in the late '60's who was chided by the Black Panthers for not being 'black enough.' Jimi Hendrix.

It's all about playing the game of Civilization. Be a law-abiding, respectful person, get a job and keep it, be a parent to your child. Most white folk are raised with that particular set of values. But, there seems to be an element within the black community that despises that way of life. And that is the element that seems to keep the race issue in the forefront.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:34 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Unfortunately, prescription drugs, which are everywhere and have far more users, are abused more. As long as a doctor says it's okay it's game on.
Damn. Actually, I lied, I do take one medication, although not the kind that would be any fun to abuse, nor would I if I could.

And don't get me started on alcohol, a hell of a lot worse than the most common illegal narcotic being used today.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:07 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post
While the statistics here clearly shows the black/white crime ratio, one must ponder.... are there high-crime rates in smaller, more rural areas? Of course not. Why? Because 'country kids' usually have both parents at home, they may drink a few beers and smoke a little dope, and they listen to a style of music that promotes a culture of God, Country, and Family.

And, what of inner-city youth? What is their environment about? Fatherless children. Crack. Gangs. Hardcore rap music. It's all about attitude yo, and show me some respect or I'll plug a dime in ya style of living. It is a very tribal style of life.

Of course, there are some low-life white folk. And, equally there are some high-life black folk.

We here in Texas are very proud of a college-graduated football quarterback who was recently drafted by the NFL and took his team from 3-6 to 10-6 and are in the play-offs. This young man handles the media equally as well as a nickle defense. He was raised by parents with strong God, Country, and Family values.

His name is Robert Griffin III.
RG3 is a fine role model for people of all races, but especially for black youths. He was a military brat, like my kids, and raised in a culture that is probably as colorblind as America gets, where excellence and and hard work are more admired qualities than those typically seen in the hood. DoD schools are also the one school system where the achievement gap basically doesn't exist.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 01-04-2013 at 03:40 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If he attended Germantown Academy since he was old enough to go to school he had superior educational resources and opportunities.

Many White Americans confuse having superior resources and opportunities with racial superiority.

This young man is not so different than any other kid in America. Give them a chance to get a quality education and a healthy environment and chances are they will do well.
Sub-Saharan Africa. Continental Europe and her dominions. Enough said.

It's not about "access to resources, it's about intelligence.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:27 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,679 times
Oy.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Sub-Saharan Africa. Continental Europe and her dominions. Enough said.

It's not about "access to resources, it's about intelligence.
Sub Saharan Africans are probably, on average, smarter than Americans.
From my experience...
Hell, I'm pretty sure Africans in America are more educated than the average American...
Again, from my experience. More Africans are college educated at least, I'd say. They tend to emphasize education...

Old 01-04-2013, 04:02 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,184 times
I'm "American black" and I have to say that many attitudes expressed in this thread are despicable.
I don't buy into "hate whitey" rhetoric, and I can't know for sure that you all are white, but, I don't like most of you, going off of what you post.

Which is funny because white people, in real life, tend to be a lot more agreeable.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:53 PM

349 posts, read 260,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
RG3 is a fine role model for people of all races, but especially for black youths. He was a military brat, like my kids, and raised in a culture that is probably as colorblind as America gets, where excellence and and hard work are more admired qualities than those typically seen in the hood. DoD schools are also the one school system where the achievement gap basically doesn't exist.
Agreed. I served 13 years in the military, and 'colorblind' is exactly the best way to describe life in my experience. I had to re-acclimate into civilian life, and it was an eye-opener for me when I noticed the culture dominating youth in my city.

By the way, RGIII was a political science major. He'd have my vote if he ever opts for the highest public office in the land. That guy has one high content of character.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:35 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The potential in places like North Philly, the inner Bronx and Brooklyn, Camden, Baltimore, Washington, Chicago, etc. is limitless. It's criminal that America doesn't do anything to educate all of its citizens and allow them to reach their potential. This neglect is a major reason for the inevitable decline of this country.
Agreed, I've long said the worst part of denying people opportunity, no matter what the reason, is the loss of human potential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies