U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM

14,372 posts, read 8,956,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The main problem is the 'Trained Cops' ain't trained at all and would usually miss a car 100 times out of 100..

Where do gun grabbers get the idea that just because cops have a gun in a holster in plain view that they ever get to use it.

Everyone know Barney Fife only had one bullet and that was in his shirt pocket..
Please tell me that was sarcasm
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM

36,939 posts, read 23,973,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Define large. The whole civilian firearm industry is like 10 billion total. That is a fraction of a fraction what Exxon Microsoft Walmart etc make in an hour.
it's larger than that..

Old 01-04-2013, 12:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 24,104,397 times
OT, but speaking of EXXON
350 Maine - Mobilizing for a more sustainable future in Maine and beyond

my thread here
First Northern Pass and now this?

Which of course has not yet been taken as serious.. but hey this is CD ..

Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 PM

25,626 posts, read 33,555,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Half heartedly. The AVERAGE LEO's proficiency is much better today than ever before however could be much better.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
yeah why? But still cops are not hobby shooters very often and can be very easy to beat in relaxed team shoots.

I have attended many shoots where it was Buck Skinners with cap locks and flint lock against cops with what ever cops bring.
A point in time comes and we trade gun types but Skinner still load for the cops.

Never been in any event yet where cops won the team shoot.... Why don't they win? because they are not hobby shooters, and most are also not hunters.

I shoot almost every day and if not more than once a week.... Sure it's just lowly 22's out of a few rugers single six, 10-22, a recent buy as a old mossberg 22 about 50 years old, and so on out back in the field, or a flintlock rifle or one of a few muskets..

And any time i want to spend money any of (3) .45 acp guns..... But i never go to a range I never have to work to go shoot, I just open the door and walk out a few step to the field, unless it's raining and then I open the rear barn doors and sit in a chair and a bench.

I spend a brick of 22's a month or more for just play time.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:46 PM

10,060 posts, read 4,918,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
yeah why? But still cops are not hobby shooters very often and can be very easy to beat in relaxed team shoots.

I have attended many shoots where it was Buck Skinners with cap locks and flint lock against cops with what ever cops bring.
A point in time comes and we trade gun types but Skinner still load for the cops.

Never been in any event yet where cops won the team shoot.... Why don't they win? because they are not hobby shooters, and most are also not hunters.

I shoot almost every day and if not more than once a week.... Sure it's just lowly 22's out of a few rugers single six, 10-22, a recent buy as a old mossberg 22 about 50 years old, and so on out back in the field, or a flintlock rifle or one of a few muskets..

And any time i want to spend money any of (3) .45 acp guns..... But i never go to a range I never have to work to go shoot, I just open the door and walk out a few step to the field, unless it's raining and then I open the rear barn doors and sit in a chair and a bench.

I spend a brick of 22's a month or more for just play time.
How good of a shot will the armed teachers be? I`d say not very good at all.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
How good of a shot will the armed teachers be? I`d say not very good at all.
We can only pray better than your psycobabble insane. You know maybe some of the willing teachers could get some of that training you keep saying cops have..... ya think?

You see a big part of the problem today the left face is they think everyone is as stupid as they are. They think no one else can do what they can't do..

That's just silly.

The reality is we don't really need warning signs on portable cd players and to be told a portable cd player is not to be used as a candle holder, but only the left would need a warning like that.

The simplest of facts evade you lefties..

To me it's a miracle you have all lived so long. It appears as the only skill sets you have is shopping..

But don't try that in a gun store.....

Old 01-04-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Half heartedly. The AVERAGE LEO's proficiency is much better today than ever before however could be much better.
A cop problem where i live is they tend to be as wide as they are tall. This can be a problem if the seat and steering wheel are too close and totally prevent any running..

Most are winded just getting out of a cruiser and walking 20 feet.

Now i am no biathlon rifle shooter anymore, but at least i still try.....

So far I am still thinner than I am tall I try to run 2 miles every day, well a slow jog really, which is out to the street for the mail and then up the road a bit and back. Dog likes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies