Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
tell that to the op who creates a new black thread every few hours.

race gets replies and views, which is why trolls always talk about race.
Did you see the article the OP referenced ?
Do you not see articles in the news regarding poor scores along with their racial breakdown ?
Did you not know the WH initiated "Educational Excellence for African Americans" ?

Maybe you don't see it but now being in education it's constantly shoved in your face along with the "What are we going to do about it" as a race issue, not an academic issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
So, then, I wonder how white people feel when SOME blacks are incredibly arrogant when it comes to race?

Crazy racist black guy at Seattle School Board meeting - YouTube
And he/she takes one DRUNK African American Man Which Is Un-Educated and Un-Sophisticated making a complete fool of himself and Pigeon Hole the whole African American Race........

Old 01-08-2013, 04:44 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
And he/she takes one DRUNK African American Man Which Is Un-Educated and Un-Sophisticated making a complete fool of himself and Pigeon Hole the whole African American Race........
Don't be surprised. People who resent Blacks will finds ways to pigeon-hole the entire African-American ethnicity.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Did you see the article the OP referenced ?
Do you not see articles in the news regarding poor scores along with their racial breakdown ?
Did you not know the WH initiated "Educational Excellence for African Americans" ?

Maybe you don't see it but now being in education it's constantly shoved in your face along with the "What are we going to do about it" as a race issue, not an academic issue.
I agree with your detractor. This thread has no other purpose except to pour salt in open cultural wounds. The title of the o.p. IMO shows the intent of the author to place himself above and outside the problem and make an empty call for action... why? Why does he care? And if he did, there are no less than a half dozen ways he could have composed a different title and abstract that would not engender defensiveness or anger in black readers. That you did not react as such says more about you than it does the o.p. Just saying... if I was alarmed at what I saw was a whole generation of shortchanged African American children who were missing out on the rewards of a STEM career, I don't think I would post my message in a forum with at most, a couple dozen black readers. Could it be that the post was more meant to entertain the several dozen white readers with an expressed disdain for black culture? That would be my take.

H

Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
...if I was alarmed at what I saw was a whole generation of shortchanged African American children who were missing out on the rewards of a STEM career...
It's much more than just one generation. This has been going on for DECADES. The problem is the virtual monopoly the government has on our country's school system, the insistence on trapping kids in schools without access to vouchers/school choice, and the destructive equal-outcomes practices educators have embraced and subjected public school students to since the 1960s.

More on that in my earlier post, here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/27661445-post210.html

Democrats have GOT to stop insisting on TRAPPING children in abysmally performing one-size-fits-all public schools. There are so many kids with high potential that just have that demoralized out of them by the time they graduate 12th grade IF they even graduate. For the love of pete, PLEASE let those kids rise to the challenge of learning to the best of their unhindered abilities. PLEASE!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:19 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the thing. From my perspective as a Black man, I know of the bad things that go on among some Blacks. I know this, and I have even mentioned them on this forum. I do not think it is a matter of "pretending" they don't exist. I feel it is a matter of "don't air out Black America's dirty laundry for all to see". When Bill Cosby lashed out at a specific segment of the Black population that was committing crimes and doing poorly in school, people did get upset. However, it was because he was airing out the dirty laundry of the Black community. When Michael Nutter, mayor of Philadelphia, lashed out at specific Black teenagers who were involved in mob violence,no one got mad at him. Why? He said it in church. One thing I have learned is this. Most Black people I know will call out thugs and the uneducated. However, it is done in church, at the dinner table, or privately. No one wants to do this in public. Why? There are fears that it would only confirm the worst about Blacks as a whole.
But there's is microphone always in the face of us when we whine so it's displayed to the whole world but its not there for whites. Trying to talk sense to whites is pretty stupid the racists ones don't care and you're not gonna change their mind.

They get a kick outta black issues just let it go.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:35 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Trying to talk sense to whites is pretty stupid the racists ones don't care and you're not gonna change their mind.
Is trying to talk sense to blacks pretty stupid too? Do the racist ones care and are you going to change their mind?

Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Is trying to talk sense to blacks pretty stupid too? Do the racist ones care and are you going to change their mind?
That was pretty childish Blacks don't have in the strictest sense true RACISTS because our race has never oppressed (or either ) Enslaved the White Caucasian Race.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
That was pretty childish Blacks don't have in the strictest sense true RACISTS because our race has never oppressed (or either ) Enslaved the White Caucasian Race.
Ones own race and circumstance is no place for a racist to hide behind, we can see right through it.

Your race is an evil as any other, and just as capable of bigotry.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:22 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's much more than just one generation. This has been going on for DECADES. The problem is the virtual monopoly the government has on our country's school system, the insistence on trapping kids in schools without access to vouchers/school choice, and the destructive equal-outcomes practices educators have embraced and subjected public school students to since the 1960s.

More on that in my earlier post, here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/27661445-post210.html

Democrats have GOT to stop insisting on TRAPPING children in abysmally performing one-size-fits-all public schools. There are so many kids with high potential that just have that demoralized out of them by the time they graduate 12th grade IF they even graduate. For the love of pete, PLEASE let those kids rise to the challenge of learning to the best of their unhindered abilities. PLEASE!!!
Charter schools are a good resource, but they will not solve the education problem in the US. All Americans, regardless of race, have developed poor parenting skills. My sister is a teacher and sees it all the time. Parents who are dis-engaged from their child's education have children who generally do poorer in school. Are there some who overcome this? Sure, but the vast majority dont.

This kind of family breakdown has been happing in the US for the past 30 years and until people realize that their child's education is a 3 person job (student, teacher, parent), expect to see education levels in the US drop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies