Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:16 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I've always heard racism is what keeps most blacks out of the fields of science and math.

Good to learn it is just quality of parenting.
Actually, racism is a part of it. It's not the only part. Discrimination does exist. Bad parenting doesn't help either. It is a variety of reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 04:47 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Examples? Proof?

I've read your racist rantings all over this forum. I think you need to look in the mirror before you accuse someone else of being delusional.

You are hardly qualified to speak about emotional intelligence - or, for that matter, intelligence of any kind.

You just confirmed everything I've said. BTW............I reported your racist postings to the mods.
Nah. No rant and not race related. I call out stupid behavior for what it is. I do not care about color. It is all culture. Racist to you but that is typical. You on the other hand have the usual deep seated resentment towards anything white. Your posts are full of it. It is tiresome.

Subtle does not work with you after your crazy posts. Direct action is best. Enjoy it. You earned it.

If you have reported me to the mods. Then nothing has happened. Which only shows what a loon you are regarding this topic.

NB: On your recommendation I just looked,(as of edited timestamp), your recent postings page- white racist this, race issues, hate whitey, etc.-Obsessive.

Mine- All over the place in different subforums- dealing with facts, humor, travel, film, automobiles, books, history, observations,opinons, etc.-Well rounded and well educated.

You need to seek help for all that anger inside of you.

Last edited by Felix C; 01-05-2013 at 05:46 AM..

Old 01-05-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, you are the one who is deluded now. You honestly think that a Black person who successfully completed college with an IT degree doesn't have the intelligence to get hired? You say said person resents Whites, and then you turn around and call Blacks "troublesome". Let's forget for a moment that you have shown hypocrisy in this case. Let's just focus on the "No Blacks" policy. What kind of message is this going to send to educated African-Americans who want to work in the IT industry? Really ask yourself that.
I never said this in a universal aspect. I was responding to the singular example provided by the other fellow. I actually wrote the racism excuse provided by him is typical of losers.

I provided context for the remainder which is properly used by HR managers towards all candidates. Concept of proper fit is taught at the MBA level. Being qualified on paper is only one metric. Person has to be able to co-exist with the staff and seniors.

Truth hurts too bad.

The example I provided is an Indian owned company from Singapore.

What message is being sent? Obvious. You folks made your own stereotype. Now live it.

Last edited by Felix C; 01-05-2013 at 05:25 AM..

Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Nah. No rant and not race related. I call out stupid behavior for what it is. I do not care about color. It is all culture. Racist to you but that is typical. You on the other hand have the usual deep seated resentment towards anything white. Your posts are full of it. It is tiresome.

Subtle does not work with you after your crazy posts. Direct action is best. Enjoy it. You earned it.

If you have reported me to the mods. Then nothing has happened. Which only shows what a loon you are regarding this topic.

NB: On your recommendation I just looked,(as of edited timestamp), your recent postings page- white racist this, race issues, hate whitey, etc.-Obsessive.

Mine- All over the place in different subforums- dealing with facts, humor, travel, film, automobiles, books, history, observations,opinons, etc.-Well rounded and well educated.

You need to seek help for all that anger inside of you.
You think I'm angry? Maybe I have good reason to be.

You don't like my posts? Put me on ignore. No action by the mods? That tells me there's a bias and an agenda. Big deal. Life goes on. I was once banned for agreeing that a self-described bigot was a bigot. As I've said.....the only hate I have is for racists and racism. You consider yourself well rounded and well educated. I consider you paranoid, smug, self-laudatory and racist. Anyone who defends a "no blacks" policy of any kind is exactly that.

And remember this also - you have come out of nowhere on several occasions to blindly assail me. I neither have you on my radar nor give a tinker's damn about you or anything regarding you. So, again, if you can't handle what I think or say, don't read it. I'm sure you have better things to do with your time. Or maybe you don't.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
I never said this in a universal aspect. I was responding to the singular example provided by the other fellow. I actually wrote the racism excuse provided by him is typical of losers.

I provided context for the remainder which is properly used by HR managers towards all candidates. Concept of proper fit is taught at the MBA level. Being qualified on paper is only one metric. Person has to be able to co-exist with the staff and seniors.

Truth hurts too bad.

What message is being sent? Obvious. You folks made your own stereotype. Now live it.
My god, are you a vile, base individual.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
You think I'm angry? Maybe I have good reason to be.

You don't like my posts? Put me on ignore. No action by the mods? That tells me there's a bias and an agenda. Big deal. Life goes on. I was once banned for agreeing that a self-described bigot was a bigot. As I've said.....the only hate I have is for racists and racism. You consider yourself well rounded and well educated. I consider you paranoid, smug, self-laudatory and racist. Anyone who defends a "no blacks" policy of any kind is exactly that.

And remember this also - you have come out of nowhere on several occasions to blindly assail me. I neither have you on my radar nor give a tinker's damn about you or anything regarding you. So, again, if you can't handle what I think or say, don't read it. I'm sure you have better things to do with your time. Or maybe you don't.
Nope. Your words here do not indicate this at all.
I do not have a no blacks policy. I was affirming with the Indian example what was mentioned in an previous posts. I am more discerning when I interview. I am an American and know we have top notch and awful people in any group.

I am not smug but realist. By your definition I was a victim of racism as well. I know it was not. (I am not a whitey.) I do not use it as a crutch.

You made the racist assumption. I noticed your name and thought well "this guy again" and posted what anybody who has had enough of the racist nonesense thinks.

You took it from there and brought family(and attitude) into the issue. Man, never bring family into an argument. I countered and it descended from there.

I think your last line is relevant for anyone on C-D.

Last edited by Felix C; 01-05-2013 at 09:32 AM..

Old 01-05-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
My god, are you a vile, base individual.
I actually possess considerable morals and work ethic.

Ironically, I took over from a black female who was hated by her subordinates and anyone she came in contact with at the company.(She was fired) I am successful because I know how to manage and lead.

Fit is considered the most important metric once the technical ones needed to function in the position is met. No fit = no hire. Fit is entirely social intelligence. Mannerism, body language, appearance, dress, ability to absorb company values & mission,etc. That certain undefinable but instantly recognizable when someone who does not have it is being interviewed. No one in a position of responsibility would ever argue against this.

Disgruntled employees need to look at themselves when they feel they have been singled out for reproach/no promotion/no retention,etc. There are dysfunctional managers as the one mentioned above but they are an anomaly in my opinion based on work history. Again no one in management would contend this.

No one in the right mind would hire you based on your conduct in this forum.

Last edited by Felix C; 01-05-2013 at 09:15 AM..

Old 01-05-2013, 09:44 AM

197 posts, read 208,231 times
Quote:
I have read your rantings here before. You are an deluded person with a deep seated anger towards whites.

Most of what you write here is hatred and excuses.

A person needs emotional intelligence to be hired other than KSAs. If one cannot adapt to the company culture or is seen as disputatious...well no hire.

My friend works for an Indian owned company based out of Singapore. He manages USA operations. They also have a no blacks policy because of what I wrote above. Blacks too troublesome. Euphemism is "not the right fit."
Quote:

Truth hurts too bad.

Quote:
I actually possess considerable morals and work ethic.

Ironically, I took over from a black female who was hated by her subordinates and anyone she came in contact with at the company.(She was fired) I am successful because I know how to manage and lead.

Fit is considered the most important metric once the technical ones needed to function in the position is met. No fit = no hire. Fit is entirely social intelligence. Mannerism, body language, appearance, dress, ability to absorb company values & mission,etc. That certain undefinable but instantly recognizable when someone who does not have it is being interviewed. No one in a position of responsibility would ever argue against this.

Disgruntled employees need to look at themselves when they feel they have been singled out for reproach/no promotion/no retention,etc. There are dysfunctional managers as the one mentioned above but they are an anomaly in my opinion based on work history. Again no one in management would contend this.

No one in the right mind would hire you based on your conduct in this forum.
Here's the Catch-22. It's attitudes like yours which cause blacks to be resentful of how they are treated and show it, which then leads to people like you justifying your attitudes towards blacks and regurgitating them.

At the same time, you are entirely correct. Unfortunately, blacks have to go above and beyond, and subjugate any internal hatred/bitterness and blend in/take the discrimination with a smile, even joke about it and deflect it like it's meaningless, in order to fit into the company culture. As a black Math major who now works as a programmer in a predominately Caucasian environment, that is what I do. And it works, so ....

However, I will always treat everyone and anyone with respect regardless of what they think of me. I understand the pervasiveness of prejudice, and the only way to truly overcome such views is to start with the man in the mirror.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:

Truth hurts too bad.

So you are telling me out of the 800 million give or take black people across the globe, not a single person understands cultural fit. Or not even one out of the roughly 40 million in the US?

Isn't the main tenet of American-ness individualism? How come black people aren't offered the freedom to be seen as individuals?

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:07 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I've always heard racism is what keeps most blacks out of the fields of science and math.

Good to learn it is just quality of parenting.
This ain't 100% - as nothing is 100%. Quality pf parenting is most important, however...

...there are people who still discriminate, but we just have to work around them. You can fight against those who do discriminate - but there are enough decent people to go somewhere else. I have to choose my battles. In the end, I have to support my family above all else - so I choose to navigate around those who show discriminatory characteristics.

I have seen black people with a chip on their shoulder also. They have talent - but if they carry the edge of racism in their attitude, others perceive it and are hesitant to hire or advance them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies