Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 09:05 AM

571 posts, read 790,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I did read before posting and my opinion reflects that. I think it's a very weird, odd thing to do and I don't get the point of it.
"I do not agree with this deceitfulness and trickery. Over something so banal too."

That's a quote from you on page one of this thread. Please explain again how it was "deceitful" again then, I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 09:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm very surprised about the lack of concern here too.
Because the "politics" are getting in the way of what the intent of the thread is about.
Doctoring a picture and thinking nothing is wrong with that.

Would people not be upset to find out other pictures were "fixed" before the American public saw them ?
Is there a line between reality and what they "think" should be reality ?

Most will never know the photo was doctored.
Others will dismiss it because it was just a people photo shoot.
Others will ponder..have they doctored other photos ?

Old 01-05-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan39126 View Post
"I do not agree with this deceitfulness and trickery. Over something so banal too."

That's a quote from you on page one of this thread. Please explain again how it was "deceitful" again then, I don't get it.
Typically you have a photo of a group and then underneath a line with "Missing is:...." and a list of names.
In this case they doctored the photo and added the bodies.

That you disagree this is deceitful says a lot about what you accept from your government.
What if other official government photo's were "fixed" to reflect what they meant rather than what was ?

Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 AM

571 posts, read 790,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because the "politics" are getting in the way of what the intent of the thread is about.
Doctoring a picture and thinking nothing is wrong with that.

Would people not be upset to find out other pictures were "fixed" before the American public saw them ?
Is there a line between reality and what they "think" should be reality ?

Most will never know the photo was doctored.
Others will dismiss it because it was just a people photo shoot.
Others will ponder..have they doctored other photos ?
Dude calm down, it's a goofy photo that nobody would've even seen if not for this drummed up "controversy". And refer to my earlier post; there was a note attached to the photo explaining that it had been and why it had been altered. This type of stuff is why you guys lost the last two elections. Because it's totally crazy, like "I can-barely-comprehend" crazy. You don't think John Boehner's press photo was altered? And who would care?

Google "delusions of persecution" and "paranoia". Get help.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Dude calm down, it's a goofy photo that nobody would've even seen if not for this drummed up "controversy". And refer to my earlier post; there was a note attached to the photo explaining that it had been and why it had been altered. This type of stuff is why you guys lost the last two elections. Because it's totally crazy, like "I can-barely-comprehend" crazy. You don't think John Boehner's press photo was altered? And who would care?

Google "delusions of persecution" and "paranoia". Get help.
See, you've dismissed it as not important and meaningless.

Go read some US History about your benevolent government.

Gee, have war pictures been doctored so that they didn't seem as "raw" to the American people ?
What about BP spill photos ? Were they "cleaned up" some so that we wouldn't panic about seafood ?

Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
I don't care that bat-sh*t-crazy-incompetant-heavily-medicated Pelosi added her four home girls into her stupid picture. People who commented are correct - they could have waited inside instead of outside in the cold and why were four of them late for the first day of class anyway?

I also agree with those who say "Who cares? It's just a dopey picture of legislators anyway."

Mostly I agree with Poster #2 - slippery slope. "Doctoring" photographs is becoming so commoplace, and the technology is becoming so advanced, that eventually even the best of us chair bound detectives won't be able to tell the difference between real and not real.

Pelosi announced the forgery in this case. "Yes....it's a fake but here are all the good reasons why a fake is OK".

Does anyone on this board trust our government SO much that they don't think the government will at some point fake the hell out of pictures (or videos) and yell from the rooftops that they're real?

Idealists and idealogues don't see anything wrong with government dictating (do you like that word?) to a private company what size soft drinks they can sell in their own restaurants. Stop whining and just buy two drinks. And they don't see anything wrong with a doctored official government photo. Stop whining, it's just a picture of a bunch of female politicians and Pelosi admitted the insertions so what's the big deal? Do you guys who minimize, really believe that these guys can be trusted to be honest the next time something they really really REALLY don't want us to know about comes out of the wood work?

That they all will sit in a room and say "Yes.....this is bad.....it's very bad.....and we have the technology available to hide it from the public.....but we won't do that because.....well.....that would be wrong.....wouldn't it?"

There's enough historical evidence in this country (and around the world) to prove that politicians contiually and effortleslly lie like dogs. It will happen.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:29 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Nancy said they couldn't wait..it was cold and they had "constituents to go greet".
And it is historically proven as fact that Nanny Pelosi never misrepresents (lies about) the truth, right?

Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
HELLO! Did anyone read the article? Seriously.

"A Pelosi spokesman attached a message to the picture, noting it had been altered to add lawmakers who arrived late."

Sorry to break up the hate-fest but THERE WAS A NOTE ATTACHED TO THE PHOTO THAT INDICATED IT HAD BEEN ALTERED FROM THE BEGINNING.

Do you guys just have opinions ready to go based on forum headings or can you actually not read? I can read articles out loud into my computer's mic, and email the audio to some of you guys in mp3 format if you really have trouble reading. Just let me know.
You do realize that your post admits to a lie being the first thing that they relate to, an approved lies to misrepresent what the photo is meant to portray, right?

And you expect the truth in the future? Good luck.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:

Decitful? By showing people who weren't there as if claiming that they were?

To a democrat I guess that would not be deceitful, merely norman operating procedure.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:10 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:

It's deceitful to photoshop people into a photo such as the one we are discussing. It is not a true representation of the time and place of which the photo was taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies