Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:12 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan39126 View Post
Dude calm down, it's a goofy photo that nobody would've even seen if not for this drummed up "controversy". And refer to my earlier post; there was a note attached to the photo explaining that it had been and why it had been altered. This type of stuff is why you guys lost the last two elections. Because it's totally crazy, like "I can-barely-comprehend" crazy. You don't think John Boehner's press photo was altered? And who would care?

Google "delusions of persecution" and "paranoia". Get help.
The fact they felt the need to doctor a "goofy photo" is disturbing. It's not even an important thing. How do they treat important items?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
The fact they felt the need to doctor a "goofy photo" is disturbing. It's not even an important thing. How do they treat important items?
We know how Nasty Nancy deflects and defends many things, like the Obamacare bill she said they had to vote on and approve to find what was in it. She said that knowing that the whole damned thing had been written in Reid's chambers and some of our people defend the fact that a tax law, Obamacare, originated in the Senate chambers, was only an amendment of a House passed bill. It amazes me that none of these people kept up with that one and the fact that the Senate did not write the bill. Well, yeah, there were about 4 Senators in attendance when it happened. I guess they would have been happy to see 60 people photoshopped into a picture of them writing it in the offices of Harry Reid.

I have to wonder how many pictures of our Congress critters have been photoshopped up to now and how many newer ones will be photoshopped.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:01 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
That is a really pathetic photoshop job... LOL They made those four missing women look like 7-foot Lakers players.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:03 PM

488 posts, read 412,752 times
Quote:
HELLO! Did anyone read the article? Seriously.

"A Pelosi spokesman attached a message to the picture, noting it had been altered to add lawmakers who arrived late."

Sorry to break up the hate-fest but THERE WAS A NOTE ATTACHED TO THE PHOTO THAT INDICATED IT HAD BEEN ALTERED FROM THE BEGINNING.

Do you guys just have opinions ready to go based on forum headings or can you actually not read? I can read articles out loud into my computer's mic, and email the audio to some of you guys in mp3 format if you really have trouble reading. Just let me know.
...with...

Quote:
"I do not agree with this deceitfulness and trickery. Over something so banal too."- quoting Magritte25

That's a quote from you on page one of this thread. Please explain again how it was "deceitful" again then, I don't get it.
Exactly, it was banal to try covering up a third-rate photoshop job with no purpose other than to button-push the Pelosi way. It's deceitful. Innocent in this example, but indicative of a general behavioural pattern, how easy people like her with ties to power lie for convenience's sake. How many times has she done such a thing in her years in Congress? Don't answer, people know it's alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
We know how Nasty Nancy deflects and defends many things, like the Obamacare bill she said they had to vote on and approve to find what was in it. She said that knowing that the whole damned thing had been written in Reid's chambers and some of our people defend the fact that a tax law, Obamacare, originated in the Senate chambers, was only an amendment of a House passed bill. It amazes me that none of these people kept up with that one and the fact that the Senate did not write the bill. Well, yeah, there were about 4 Senators in attendance when it happened. I guess they would have been happy to see 60 people photoshopped into a picture of them writing it in the offices of Harry Reid.

I have to wonder how many pictures of our Congress critters have been photoshopped up to now and how many newer ones will be photoshopped.
Thank you for remembering correctly, roysoldboy. That is exactly how we all ended up with this mad mandate written in cahoots with health-industry CEOs, to be read with our crumb-cake after it was passed without knowing what was in it since we could only see it after it was passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Nancy Pelosi defends doctored photo of women in the new Congress | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

I don't really care that four female lawmakers were added into the photograph because they couldn't make it to the photo op in time.

What I think about when I read this story is that it is becoming increasingly difficult to believe anything anymore.

When public demonstrations are held, you hear about hired picketers being bused in to rally for the cause. When I read posts on message boards I know that there are individuals paid to troll, hijack threads and sabotage conversations. When I look at official pictures I read about folks being inserted into the picture.

A few days ago there was a thread asking if professional athletes, musicians and actors are paid too much. Computer generation is becoming so sophisticated and characters so fine-tuned that in 10 years there won't be a need for human actors. Computer generated actors will look so human we won't be able to tell the difference.

And then we won't be able to believe anything that we read, that we hear or that we see. And that's MY happy thought for this evening.
That's entertainment. Who knew that the creator of "Beavis & Butthead" was so wise? Watch "Idiocracy" & finish it with a thorough perusal of McLuhan. There's the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Doctored photos are nothing compared to doctored backgrounds, doctored college records, and doctored elections.
Its DC, nothing is honest, real or as it seems.
It is an empire completely run by the owners of multi-national corporations & monarchies. Everything is portrayed as an outrage or a need and repeated so much to give the semblance of truth by the repetition of fictions imbued with slanted or misconstrued statistics. You know it is endemic as nothing is not released that is not spun, cooked, re-hashed and convoluted to fit in a 60-240-second talk-talk slot aired by infotainment channels.

Think how much can be accomplished if you embroil a great figurehead, such as the American presidency, in foul attacks on his birthright? A blank check and a popular appeal issued by the endless romantics & those feeling oppressed or those fighting on behalf of righting 'injustices'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
The main issue that I have with this is that Pelosi (in her usual dishonest way) sees nothing wrong with doctoring what is to be a historical photo to suit her own desires.

Altering history in advance? And many see no problem with that?
Someone that remembers the old Soviet Politburo or the still-standing, cosmetically morphed Chinese People's Congress would laugh at such a question. But they would understand the ways of their government, Americans think they are the government, as sweet as it is! People used to believe that Frank Capra directed an honest, true portrait of American political players in his confections. The only thing he showed was the gullibility of a public that believed that 'their' politicians were as naive as those they pretend to govern wisely. Tsk...

Now anything goes as thoughtful Americans go on substantiating Washingtonian madness with hopeful prayers that level heads will prevail. The rest have there hands out and turn their heads as they plunge them full on into the trough. Others see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
If they lie about even the smallest non-issue, what makes people think the government in general doesn't lie about everything?
They do lie about everything. What is the point of honesty if it merely alerts people to bland reality? Where's the money in telling truths? They'll still eagerly shop, forfeit more income to taxation, enrichen a bloated government that doles out monies to its patrons if you soothe them with lies. Regulations & prohibitions & officially-adopted paranoias make tidy fortunes.

Do you expect them to admit that mileage standards were relaxed to abet Saudi desires for the SUV craze in the 1990's? Or that a fecundity of illnesses & diseases newly-minted sprouting up is meant to fuel the health industrial complex thru a demand for research, prevention & curatives; monies from both government & personal contributions, ordained as legitimate thru official government decrees. Who do you think the PACs & lobbyists toil for? The same folks who contribute to political campaigns. How flush with green will we make those eco-green companies, so bountiful with high-wage employments yet to bloom?

Ms. Pelosi's all-inclusive girl-powered representative photo-op media trip is fairly innocuous; it's the business end of such determinedly advertised sleight's-of-hand from this and all the other corporate-subsidized sorties of empowered political representatives in toto that are to be fretted over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies