Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:50 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,521,259 times

Advertisements

Great video explaining the fiscal cliff and the collapsing Dollar backed by debt:
(corporate media source)

Video Landing Page - KHQ Right Now - News and Weather for Spokane and North Idaho |

Please watch and comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 09:55 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,883,107 times
I'm liking the video already.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 PM

26,561 posts, read 15,127,776 times
Great Video.

The public is grossly ignorant on this issue and it could be our undoing.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 PM

Thanks guys. Be sure to post any opinions you might have about the subject.

I think the guy she interviewed was extremely well informed on the subject.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 PM

James, unfortunately the basic narrative of the video will escape the ultra-militant partisan commenters on this forum, but I thank you for sharing it.

It was a nice, unbiased piece put together on a local level (which was refreshing to see), and I cannot refute a single thing that was mentioned.

Obviously, as I've said all along, this so-called "fiscal cliff" is nothing more than a mother and father who cannot afford groceries and gas for the week, and are begging their creditors for another line of credit to continue the insolvent fiscal model they have adopted for their home, all the while the mounting debt and income deficit is leading them down a path of irrecoverable, unmitigated disaster.

Although there are a few commenters here who seem to think we can "cycle" the debt, or that there is some magic fairy servicing the current debt and printing money out of thin air is a rather innocuous task, I hope the line of thinking in the video becomes more mainstream.

Thanks again for posting that.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
James, unfortunately the basic narrative of the video will escape the ultra-militant partisan commenters on this forum, but I thank you for sharing it.

It was a nice, unbiased piece put together on a local level (which was refreshing to see), and I cannot refute a single thing that was mentioned.

Obviously, as I've said all along, this so-called "fiscal cliff" is nothing more than a mother and father who cannot afford groceries and gas for the week, and are begging their creditors for another line of credit to continue the insolvent fiscal model they have adopted for their home, all the while the mounting debt and income deficit is leading them down a path of irrecoverable disaster.

Although there are a few commenters here who seem to think we can "cycle" the debt, or that there is some magic fairy servicing the current debt and printing money out of thin air is a rather innocuous task, I hope this line of thinking becomes more mainstream.

Thanks again for posting that.
I was honestly expecting the first reply to this thread to be something hate filled but am pleasantly surprised.

I LOVE the grocery bit you said because it absolutely nails the current situation. However, I don't think this is simple stupidity or carelessness at work as much as I believe its a globalization agenda built by banking special interests. There's a lot of history behind our Federal Reserve Bank, and with that history is a pattern of what we view as failure while they see it as success.

Unfortunately, there's no getting out of this mess so long as the American people expect it to work itself out or expect their politicians to do anything "right". Like you said, it's going to take a change in our understanding of the economy (or monetary system as a whole) and educating others so this way of thinking becomes mainstream.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
I was honestly expecting the first reply to this thread to be something hate filled but am pleasantly surprised.
Hate filled in this forum? No way

Quote:
However, I don't think this is simple stupidity or carelessness at work as much as I believe its a globalization agenda built by banking special interests. There's a lot of history behind our Federal Reserve Bank, and with that history is a pattern of what we view as failure while they see it as success.
I am intrigued by his correlation with monetary policy and the assassinations of Kennedy, Garfield, and Lincoln. I will be looking into that a bit further.

But I agree with you, I don't think this entire mess was an accident. It certainly doesn't take a scholar with a degree in Financial Science from MIT to figure out how volatile and fiscally irresponsible this model has become since the Nixon administration took the dollar from being backed by gold, a precious metal used as currency for tens of thousands of years, to being backed by nothing more than "hey, we're the United States of America; We're good for it."

Quote:
Unfortunately, there's no getting out of this mess so long as the American people expect it to work itself out or expect their politicians to do anything "right". Like you said, it's going to take a change in our understanding of the economy (or monetary system as a whole) and educating others so this way of thinking becomes mainstream.
I posted a tid bit in another topic in this forum earlier tonight regarding the rise and fall of a democracy and, honestly, think our populous is, by nature, programmed to think a certain way because of our society and standard of living.

I'm not sure anything but a complete and total economic collapse and subsequent decline of our standard of living could ever change our apathetic, dependent, and complacent mentality we have today. "Derp, derp... I have my pizza, my I-tunes, and my American Idle box set, I don't care what the gubment does"

Not to mention, we are all products of a system designed to get us to spend every last dime we earn, and then some.

Last edited by Some_Random_Guy; 12-28-2012 at 10:58 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 11:09 PM

Agree completely. We won't see a mass awakening until there is mass suffering.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:17 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,042,498 times
Dale was sleeping a good 20 seconds while he was being introduced. haha.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Dale was sleeping a good 20 seconds while he was being introduced. haha.
LOL

I kept wondering why he wouldn't make eye contact or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies