Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Thanks for the laff......... They have no obligation to serve or protect you period. Cops are not your personal body guards either. Thinking like that may get you Dead one day.... Hey, it's your life i don't care.
Nope, but they are obligated to get bad guys off the street. And from your posts, I'd say they succeeded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 03:29 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Biggest bunch of garbage I've come across in awhile. Yup, if you're doing something wrong, I suppose you think ALL cops are corrupt, liars, and looking to frame everyone for crimes they didn't commit.

I choose to look at cops as those that are trying to make society a safer place. Are all cops saints? Of course not. But as a LAW ABIDING citizen, I prefer my cops use any tool necessary to find criminals and put them away, however they can. Especially since criminals ALL lie, cheat and steal.

It really IS a question of right and wrong. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suppose that all those that say every cop is a crook has been convicted of a crime.
I did not say that all cops are corrupt.
Although some are, and you have no idea when being pulled over if you are dealing with a good cop or a bad one. Therefore your best self defence is to keep your mouth shut and not say something which may be used agaist you.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:28 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Sir, if you honestly believe you or anyone else who posts on this forum live your life within the limits of the law you are delusional.

It is impossible in today’s legal system to even understand the law, much less live within its limits.
To even suggest such a thing is possible is completely ludicrous.
The sheer amount of Federal, State, and local laws and ordinance is so massive that I would doubt if there is a single person in the entire country who could even say with any credibility that they know what all the laws are!

As another poster has pointed out I should have probably worded my initial post more carefully to prevent mis- interpretation by people who have difficulty with common reasoning.
99% of interaction between most members of the public with LEO is not in a non-official capacity, it is quite the opposite unless you work in the local cop bar.

Most interaction the public has with LEO is by way of traffic stops. Traffic stops are also where you are at most risk of LEO attempting to circumvent your rights and using unethical tactics to attempt to find grounds to charge you with a crime.

Cops do not deal in justice, they deal in arrests. The more arrests they make gives the impression the better they are doing their job. They have a vested interest in arresting you regardless of your innocence or guilt.

Cops are not benevolent heroes looking to sacrifice themselves for the public good. Many have pathological tendencies which attract them to police work. As a rule they have a higher degree of marital, alcohol, drug, depression, suicide, assault, and PTSD problems than the public at large.

These are not my opinions; they are facts which anyone with a computer can verify.

Whenever you are dealing with LEO in an official capacity, you are dealing with someone of questionable stability with a vested interest in arresting you.
Absolute rubbish.

Yes, they are most certainly are your gravely misguided opinions and they point directly at the reason you have (evidently) had so much trouble with law enforcement. I wish you well, but my hunch is that you'll go on making your life much more difficult than it needs to be.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Absolute rubbish.

Yes, they are most certainly are your gravely misguided opinions and they point directly at the reason you have (evidently) had so much trouble with law enforcement. I wish you well, but my hunch is that you'll go on making your life much more difficult than it needs to be.
Are you a cop, or just a wanabe?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:57 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yup they sure do get angry.......
If i am asked to step out, I do but i take my keys and lock the vehicle... I have been shoved to the dirt for refusing to speak once I tell them I have no intent to say more.

I have been kicked, punched and even beaten chained to a hand rail in the cop shop garage because that cop couldn't find anything.

Years later i heard he had type 1 diabetes and just happened on to him in a greasy spoon, where i bought him a black coffee with 6 spoon fulls of sugar and 2 hot buttered blue berry muffins.

I placed these on his table myself with a smile...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
That is so good to know. No telling what kind of dossier they have on me now.

I used to eat at a certain local eatery whereby the members of the local PD frequently ate there as well.
It was the nature of this establisment, a type of friendly, cheers-like restaurant with a barr whereby all employees knew the names of the regulars and addressed patrons by name.
Often sitting att the bar, I would sit beside a uniformed or un-uniformed police officer and spend lunch time in small talk about mostly sports.
WOW These guys know for example now that I am not that big a fan of hockey or the NBA but that I love football, hate the Patriots, and am annually dispoointed by the Dolphins.
To think, they will one day use this info against me in a court of law is scary!!!

OH I just remembered. I like my food SPICY!!! I am sure that, according to the paranoia of the OP, that when they do arrrest me some day for breaking the food laws, I willl get an extra 2 years for that !!! YIKES

Fact is, only people who are up to no good have to fear talking to the cops. If you are of a guily conscience, maybe you SHOULD run the other way.
Cops are like everyone else. They work, they get paid, they have families, they have things they like and do not like.
Next time I am eating there, and I see some cop sitting alone at the bar, one of hte local deputies on his lunch break, I Will, just to put a type of A. artemisiifolia up the excretiatory trats of persons like the aforementioned paranoid, make sure to strike up a pleassant conversation with him, and then Email the details to everyone on CD. Fair enough?
Or should I ignore him and be rude, just instead contributing the the overall negativity on which some people seem to thrive. ?

And people wonder what is really wrong with this country ?

Yup you sure can see what setting about in a mom and pop eatery can do. I tend to like it better my way though.....

Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I have never had any problems with cops. What are all you guys doing that makes you so paranoid?
That's a really terrible argument.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Nope, but they are obligated to get bad guys off the street. And from your posts, I'd say they succeeded?
That's even funnier ring... You see i shot one of you pets a evil spawn bad guy, and you wanna know what? I didn't even get a free ride down town, and i still own around 40 guns.

You got anything else interesting?

besides working for a living at the moment I am free to tour in the White Mnts National Forest with my wife, armed of course. We go on x-c skis any chances we get.

In summer time we ride my MC to a trail head and go hike something, and of course armed. Once last summer I came on to Border Patrol 350 miles from Canada. They asked me if i was a Citizen, and in perfectly plain English I said i was local.

And told them I was leaving......... That officer said something but I didn't understand what is was over the roar of my pipes. Oh well, maybe he will have better luck fishing with a guy like you.. That was a classic case of my gun was prettier than his gun... Gee just search Kimber CDP Pro II and you can see what I mean

Old 01-29-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Absolute rubbish.

jimhcom is correct. Just take one book of laws in Mass. It is 25,000 twenty five thousand pages of convoluted gun laws no judges can even get figured out.

Chances are 100% of everyone in the USA breaks a law or more every day and have no idea they are.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I have never had any problems with cops. What are all you guys doing that makes you so paranoid?
Oh well let me see....

age 14 mom's BF falls down the stairs dead from emphysema, and I am caught in the act of doing CPR from learning it in Jr life Saving. I faced murder charges.

age 17 I am arrested for pot, but have none, and so am chained to a rail in a PD garage and beaten senseless and dumped in the gutter. No trial

Arrested for nothing more than watching Vietnam War protests several times, and beaten when I wasn't beating the cops and their dogs myself. I am not totally with out fault, but i never hit anyone first. never made it to jail..... Arrested with no ID and not getting to jail you never have a trial....

Making a cop bleed a little is good for his humilty.

Age 22 trying to help a woman who i found raped and naked in Daytona Bch the big brave cops pulled their guns on me, and then arrested me. That woman was killed by who ever raped her a week later in the hospital lobby and the charges on me were dropped.

Age 44 I was framed by a local cop for felony hit and run of a lamp post. I proved my innocence easily, but it was work getting by all his blatant lies.

Also this one called my wife the C word in front of me in the court lobby. a sin for which I have been waiting for a long long time. You see this cop is doing hard time for 512 counts lumped to 4 felony's of child molestation that took place for more than a decade.

So I have to wait for his eventual release before i can show him how to properly speak to a lady.

I can tell you more, but this should be enough...

Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times
Quote:

Cops can kill an unarmed person. Then their buddies say it's OK so they don't even get 1 night in jail, and they'll probably go on to get promotions & raises. No respect for human life not in their uniform?

Cop hiring: they prefer people who've been in the military. If there was a war going on, they were probably told anyone not wearing your uniform may be the enemy that wants to kill you, so kill first. They may want to keep killing legally, so they apply for cop jobs. They are told they are still in a war, the drug war that will never end if cops get their way. Anyone might have a gun, so shoot first to protect yourself & co-workers. Remember the Constitution is void, as long as a war is going on.

Cops keep arresting people for cannabis ("marijuana") 800,000+ a year. 1 out of 6 Americans admit to using it. A CNN online poll showed 96% said MJ should be legal, 2% medical only, 2% illegal for all. Might it seem "public servants" are against the public? Do they *really* believe cannabis is very dangerous and has no medical value? It used to be in pharmacies! Why haven't they read any honest medical studies that say the death rate is 0 & it has 126 uses where it often works better than pills, & will make anyone non-violent if anything can?

Cops & lawyers are majority in state legislature. When we were going to have a vote on MMJ, they bought the guv, police came from many jurisdictions, crowding committee rooms with guns at waists, lining out nearly everything so it just said people in final days of life from cancer could send $1,000 for a permit to use, that would likely have to be delivered to cemetery. Guv vetoed even that. So some cops do buy laws, not just enforce. The lobbyists lie when they say their wants are agreed to by all cops. Many honest & caring cops are for medical "marijuana", but afraid of harassment if they say so openly.

A barber was taking his weekly receipts to bank, including over $2,000 cash. Cops pulled him over & said over $2,000 cash was evidence of drug dealing, so took cash & vehicle. Apparently they wouldn't let him go back to barbershop & use key to open it to prove he had a legitimate business. Why?

Guy coming up from south to MO to buy a collector car. Would anyone trust check from another state? So he brought $7,000 cash, police pulled him over & said that's evidence of drug dealing.

The police can take cash, cars & houses from people who have a few plants to treat a medical condition, but they can't take these things from murderers? If this makes sense, please explain?

If cops can lie, seize millions, assault, murder & imprison the harmless, why would a honest & moral person go into this line of work?? Do they hope to change things from the inside?

While the public knows there are good cops, we can't get to know them individually. So, we can only fear them based on what the worst have done. Is that like their feelings towards the public? Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies