Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 02:12 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
You support the manager knowing he was wrong? Liz DiTrapano who is a spokesperson for Denny's Corp stated "Denny's policy permits law enforcement officials to carry their firearms in the restaurant, and we regret any misunderstanding". And you still support the manager?
And I'm not sure that the spokesperson isn't stretching the truth a little bit for PR reasons. Perhaps the policy was, as the manager stated to these patrons, that only uniformed officers can carry in the store, but the policy has now been changed because of this incident and they're pretending it always was that way.

Also, perhaps the corporate spokesperson is relaying the gun policy for corporate stores, and this location is a franchise with a different policy (there are 168 corporate dennys locations and 1690 franchised dennys).

Or perhaps the manager did make a mistake.

In either case, who really cares. On a 1-10 scale of importance, I rate this about about a 0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 02:13 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
I think the respectful thing to do was for the police officer to walk over to the customer and explain that they were on duty detectives for the police dept. It's really that simple.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:17 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Denny's admit they made a mistake and has apologized.

End of thread
Agreed.

[keep moving, nothing to see here]

Old 01-06-2013, 04:14 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh
Good luck getting any response to a robbery for both the restaurant and the whining customer.
Ya the whole thing is stupid as anything!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 04:39 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Cops without guns, now that would be a switch. What are they supposed to do, throw flowers at people who might be shooting at them? I know that works in war zones.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:29 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I think the police over reacted when the manager apologized. Give them their meal for free and that should have been enough. I'd also have politely told the patron who intitially complained to just MTOB and to just eat.
We're overly sensitive about not wanting to offend people which leads to an overly permissive society full of whiners and those why cry until they get their way.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think the police over reacted when the manager apologized. Give them their meal for free and that should have been enough. I'd also have politely told the patron who intitially complained to just MTOB and to just eat.
We're overly sensitive about not wanting to offend people which leads to an overly permissive society full of whiners and those why cry until they get their way.
Did you actually read the article?

Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,129,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
I think the respectful thing to do was for the police officer to walk over to the customer and explain that they were on duty detectives for the police dept. It's really that simple.
Forget that. The cops should have left or placed their guns in their cars.

Like everyone else.

Everyone knows Denny's is anti gun.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
LOL. Your wife is bipolar & your daughter is ***** & my post is stupid? LOL. OK. Whatever you say!
Stupid X3 or 4. My wife is bipoolar, one of my five children is gay and that has what to do with the subject at hand? If and when your brain connects with reality rather than ugly bias and ignorance, if such is possible, let me know. Like you, your "arguments" are weak. They marginalize you rather than your targets.

You have just proven the need to further educate the unaware and predjudiced regarding the issue of stigma.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:20 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Did you actually read the article?
It seems Icy Tea did. After the initial confrontation, the general-manager of the restaurant came over and apologized and said the other manger had been wrong and that they could say in the restaurant with their guns.

Despite this, the police chief issued this fatwa:

"All sworn (uniformed/non-uniformed) officers have been prohibited from entering Denny's Restaurant at 1130 South Illinois for any meal or coffee breaks while on duty. Additionally, no officers may enter the restaurant off-duty if in uniform."

I'd call that - along with all the ranting to the press that Denny's treats sex offenders and pedophiles better than they do cops - a overreaction, especially in light of Denny's immediate (as in before the officers even left the restaurant) apology and reversal of position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies