Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:17 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Here is the answer:
Failure to Stop
The classic .38 caliber revolver, with a capacity of six rounds, was the standard sidearm of the United States Army during the Moro insurrection in the Philippines. The Army found at least one dead Army officer with an empty sidearm, and his head split open by a machete or similar weapon. They also found the soldier's killer, who had finally bled to death. Six rounds of .38 were therefore not enough to convince even one determined attacker.

Police instructor Masaad Ayoob's The Truth About Self Protection adds an incident in which a female police officer saw a crazed gunman murder a woman, who then shot her as well before she could do anything. "She lay helpless as she watched a neighbor empty a .22 rifle into the killer; the neighbor then had to club the madman down with the empty rifle, again and again, before he succumbed."

Ayoob does not report the size of the .22's magazine, but the Moro insurrection exemplifies why even a 30-round rifle clip might not be enough to stop a crazed and determined attacker, such as one hopped up on a drug like PCP. "He had 32 Krag balls through him and was only stopped by the 33rd bullet -- a Colt .45 slug through both ears." The Krag-Jorgensen's 30-caliber cartridge was far more powerful than the .22 in Ayoob's example, but not sufficiently powerful to civilize this particular attacker even when fired in mass.
Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
It depends on more than just the caliber, at close range almost any gun is a good choice, hitting the purp in a vital organ is deadly no matter what caliber, but personally I would choose a .45 over a .22, it has a ton of stopping power even if it does not kill the purp on the first shot, it will likely disable him so bad he will not be able to move, which is the result I would be looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
I love the logic, you are in a dark closet and scared but when he opens the door you should check him for weapons and see if he will back up People with this logic should not have guns because they will get shot with their own weapon. I have told the old bird to shoot them in the face and keep shooting, her husband might have told her the same thing.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I love the logic, you are in a dark closet and scared but when he opens the door you should check him for weapons and see if he will back up People with this logic should not have guns because they will get shot with their own weapon. I have told the old bird to shoot them in the face and keep shooting, her husband might have told her the same thing.

That kind of logic will get you killed....

Old 01-06-2013, 06:26 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I`m not seeing any gun confiscation here.Show me where you see it in the Washington Post story.I don`t do Breitbart,I only deal in reality.

There you go again, parsing. With the foot in the door, confiscation is the next step. These people are very predictable. Case in point, o and his latest tax speech.

Okay, don't do Breitbart. Gee that's kinda like painting yourself with your own brush.

For me, to be informed is tantamount. I read all sides to every issue that affects me.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:29 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
The wife is lucky she was able to protect her family!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
I`ve yet to see one proposal for taking anyone`s guns away and why do you think our elected officials are out to get us?
There are some that want to ban certain weapons.....open your eyes....they may not want to take my weapon from me, but they are taking my ability to buy.

Quote:
I`m not seeing any gun confiscation here.Show me where you see it in the Washington Post story.I don`t do Breitbart,I only deal in reality.
It's not that hard, you can play words all you want, but banning, registering, and finger printing is the first step in taking guns away.....

Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

And lets remember, I want someone to buy me a 20oz cup of soda in New York.....any takers?

Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
She should have just appealed to the man's better nature and then started singing "Imagine".

Old 01-06-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Did the man threaten her and with what weapon? I read nothing about him not backing off when he saw the gun. Why would she shoot him 5 times though?
Does it matter? What did you want the lady to do? Ask him if he wanted some popcorn and a drink while he looked through all her stuff, while her kids were watching mickey mouse?

People like you, who coddle the criminal, and make the criminal the victim, is why we are in the shape we are in right now.....

I guess you want the criminal to sue the house owner for shooting him....I bet that would make you happy....

Obviously you did not read the link...

Quote:
Are we reading something different because I read nothing about a crowbar in the link. In fact, I am asking what weapon he used for him to be shot so many times
The incident happened at a home on Henderson Ridge Lane in Loganville around 1 p.m. The woman was working in an upstairs office when she spotted a strange man outside a window, according to Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman. He said she took her 9-year-old twins to a crawlspace before the man broke in using a crowbar.
Read more: http://conservativevideos.com/2013/0...#ixzz2HCcEyQph

Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Did the man threaten her and with what weapon? I read nothing about him not backing off when he saw the gun. Why would she shoot him 5 times though?
Because a revolver holds so few bullets. I keep my 9mm 'go to gun' full of 17 round mags!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Reports don't even indicate that he had a gun or knife. Was he going to crowbar any occupants to death when any one of them could easily have a much more deadlier or bigger weapon?
Ummm, you do know that in 2011, there were more people beaten to death with blunt objects, such as a crowbar, than people killed with a shotgun and rifle combined.....

No, I guess you did not....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies